By definition, doesn't a 'paid-to-write' site pay YOU for what YOU write?

By JJ
I keep having these disagreements about myLot on a few other sites. Some people keep insisting myLot is a 'paid-to-write' site. Maybe I am splitting hairs, but myLot hasn't paid me for anything I wrote since the end of April 2013. Sure, I get paid if someone likes something I wrote...but I get paid for that 'like'. And if someone makes a reply (response or comment) to something I wrote, I get paid for that...but I am still not being paid for what *I* wrote. And since I am not paid for my own actions (writing) I don't see how this could be considered a 'pay-to-write' site. Maybe I am just being too literal...but I was a member when myLot paid you for your own actions...and then I would have considered it as 'paid-to-write'. Or maybe I am just an argumentative bastage.
One thing I have noticed with some people is that you can't prove a point with them. No matter what you say or do, they are always right. You can present the proof to them and they still disagree.
I know, I need to just walk away...
• Lakewood, Colorado
I dunno...I dont get it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@gilggg (2688)
• Israel
LOL...
@1hopefulman (20332)
I must suggest that this highly controversial difference of opinion that you are having with the international community be put aside and be forgotten in the interests of maintaining world peace and security. I would not want world war three to be the result because of this disagreement between these two highly volatile diverse point of views. Why don't we all calm down and accept there are different opinions and live and let live. Please end this argument before it is too late!
@buenavida (7677)
• Sweden
Well Said!!
I've already got my finger on the 'nuke' button, they'd better start agreeing
@CoralLevang (40838)
@JolietJake OMG! You are Donald Trump posing as JJ?
@Lucky15 (33691)
I just heaved the deepest sigh of the day You are just being clear to those who think that the site is a "paid-to-write" site
@m_audrey6788 (11525)
You`re right this site is a "Quality Interaction paid site"
@sabtraversa (9871)
But if you don't write, you won't get paid. It's hard to define what myLot is, "potential-paid-to-write" perhaps? Or "paid-to-trigger-interactions", even better. It's like music, you want to label a song with a genre instead of simply being quiet and enjoying it.
It's simply a discussion site. Quick and easy description.
@CoralLevang (40838)
@JolietJake I can even argue the fact that it would not even be a discussion site. What people call discussion around here is nothing more than emoticons and thumbs up. Or pushing the like button. Hardly a discussion!
@singhisback (2255)
• Jalandhar, India
I hope this will help them understand more about this website
• Jalandhar, India
@JolietJake May God bless them
@Srbageldog (5486)
I tell people it's a social media site that pays you for interactions you get on your posts.
Yep. That's it right there.
There is something in what you said.If nobody likes, responds to your post,you would get nothing for your post.
I think that's what most people will today because mylot does pay for our activity, or I'm just feeling sleepy now.
Actually it doesn't pay us anything for any of our own activity.
@riverwild (905)
I don't think mylot is a "writing" site, although I suppose you could use it that way. I think of it as a forum where I can chat with people. That's why I came to mylot. as a replacement for the other forum I was using. It is really active here,and I like it.
@sugartoes (34727)
• Greencastle, Indiana
you can't say you haven't tried to get your message & information about this site out, I'd just do my own thing & let them think what they think & do what they do & learn on their OWN, cause otherwise your just wasting your time.
@gilggg (2688)
• Israel
As a veteran member of MyLot have you figure out how much you can earn on each respond/comment. of your discuss/comment in MyLot? Or for Like you get?
@gilggg Exactly.
@gilggg (2688)
• Israel
@JolietJake Thank you for your clear and clean explanation
@spiderdust (2761)
• San Jose, California
Wait, we get paid for liking things too? I thought that was just a perk for the writer to help get posts seen. I'll admit I still haven't figured out entirely how this site works, except that the more I interact, the more the numbers go up in the top corner.
@dodoazo (11247)
Why you keep on writing when you're not going to be paid? Confusing. Everyday you see people posting articles whuch they're paid in doing. And there are posts that didn't receive any reaction. Again confusing!
@SanyoSan (524)
• Sri Lanka
Let's say it's a paid-to-interact site
@Asylum (47288)
• Manchester, England
I have to agree with your definition, but Mylot does still qualify in one sense. If I do not write, either by creating discussions or commenting on others, then nobody can can add to what I write and therefore I shall not generate activity. This means that writing does produce results, albeit indirectly.
@SHOHANA (7134)
• Bangladesh
sounds really funny
@stbrians (11881)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I don't know what mylot is. Maybe it is a 'paid for the comment and like you receive site'
@Kosgey (1224)
So it is paying to like.
@Kosgey (1224)
@JolietJake what about accumulating cents running up every time you made a point.
@Kosgey They don't. Earning here only update once an hour, and it has nothing to do with what YOU wrote, but with what interaction you got from other people
@Kosgey (1224)