Signs of Fall

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It was beautiful out at the bay as usual. It's the perfect place to read and relax. I got a couple chapters read before heading back, and found this gem looking over the top of the apartment building when I got back. I also took a couple cloud pictures at the park. As I was coming home, I ran into school traffic. For some reason I thought the kids got out sooner, but the buses were out and so were the crossing guards. I also got a little more tan while I was out and that's always nice. I won't look so white going into winter. There's no change in the tree outside my window. It's still very green. Only the back seems to have gotten into Fall colors. How has your day been? Is fall making an appearance yet? Thanks for reading.
I hope to see the colors change soon I would like that. here everything is still green.
It should be happening soon.
• Pamplona, Spain
No brown or golden leaves here yet and the trees seem to want to hold onto their leaves for much longer this time. Great photo too. I got a bit of Sun tan too great temperatures right now much cooler.
They should be changing soon since Fall is just three days away now. Thank you. I'm glad you got a tan too and the temps are cooler.
• Pamplona, Spain
@just4him That was yesterday and today is about to be the same way and all the leaves are a wonderful green colour at the moment. Have a great day ahead.
I love the colors in your picture. It was hotter here today than it has been, but undoubtedly fall's cooler temperatures have been sneaking into each day.
When I saw those trees when I got home I knew I just had to get that picture. Thank you. Our temps go up again tomorrow for a few days. Back in the 80's.
I was outside reading too, with Molly the pup snoozing in the shade. The trees are looking lovely here too.
It's great to be outside when the weather is nice. I'm sure Molly is enjoying the cooler temps as well.
The leaves are changing color here and are falling from the trees.
We have one tree here that is already bare. If you look at the picture, you can see a small branch of that tree.
Sounds like a nice fall day. This pic is lovely. I am seeing some leaves turning on the big oak tree out my bedroom window. Not many yet.
Thank you. It's fun watching the leaves turning their beautiful colors.
@just4him .....Yes, I can watch it happen right out my window.
@celticeagle So can I.
@thelme55 (10957)
Yes, Fall has started in our country. The trees are looking like that in your photo.
It's such a beautiful time of year.
@velvet53 (15384)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am glad you had a wonderful day. It does help to get out, doesn't it? Your picture is beautiful. The day was very comfortable, not hot and not cold. It is cooling off now and we have some mighty dark clouds hanging overhead.
It really does help to get out. Thank you. I love that picture. It just seems perfect. I'm glad your day was comfortable. Did you get rain? We're supposed to get rain today, but I don't know when. We have blue skies at the moment.
@velvet53 (15384)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him No rain since the other night. I have been in and out all day doing little things outside. The landlords said that they would do all the yard work but I haven't seen them in ages. I did a little raking until my neck and shoulders started hurting. The PT tells me not to overdo it so I am being careful.
@velvet53 I hope you're being careful. If they said they would do it, they should be there doing it.
@RubyHawk (20973)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Fall isn't making it's appearance here yet. Trees are still green but I do see a little hint of yellow. It won't be long before the big change. Love your picture.
I've been seeing a lot of changes beginning around here too. Thank you.
@RubyHawk (20973)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him I expect to see a big change withen two weeks.
@RubyHawk It's definitely coming. It's fun to watch the colors change from green to the vibrant ones of fall.
That's a great picture of the leaves changing! I haven't paid much attention to our tress and stuff..
Thank you. I'm sure you'll notice them when they start changing.
@just4him yeah. I just zone out when in the car abd shades are usually shut in the house
@Courtlynn That makes it hard to notice the trees changing color. I keep looking at my tree out front and so far there's no change on it, but there might be the start on the trees across the street.
@Deepizzaguy (6843)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The sun is coming down sooner and the weather is not as hot as it is in the summer.
And coming up later in the morning too.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him 12 hours of sunshine and night. As the late Redd Foxx once said on "Sanford And Son" to his television son Demond Wilson "A balanced day."
@Deepizzaguy Are we there yet on the twelve hours? It seems shorter than that for the days.
I see subtle changes in some of the trees with the leaves changing. What I really notice is how late the sun rises and sets these days.
I started noticing that by the end of July. It was just a shade darker in the morning when I went to the pool. Now it's completely dark.
It has been a pretty good day here, got a lot of chores done and, stuff online.
That's very good. I'm glad it was a good day.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh those trees look gorgeous Valerie..glad you had a nice time then. Day has been not bad thanks Just cleaning.
Thank you. I did. It was a bit breezy but when the sun came from behind the clouds it was nice and warm.
We don't have that kind of season here so I'm not sure what to comment about it.
That's sad. I lived on Guam for a year at one point, so I know you don't get this season.
@fearjp (277)
My day is good so far. Once in a while I'm working then I'm here for a slight bit lol. So far nothing yet. Everything still seems to have green leaves lol. I think soon though. The bright sky we had is barely turning into clouds so I bet it will soon.
I'm sure it will be.
@Lucky15 (33763)
Sometimes i wish we have fall too here, when leaves change their color ;)
I remember when I lived on Guam, the trees never changed. It was one thing I really missed besides snow.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
I see one tree that is starting to change colors, and the leaves are falling like snow.
We have leaves all over the place. I would imagine you love that kind of 'snow' more than the colder version.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
@just4him I do temperature wise, but I hate raking although I recently got a leaf blower and it's kind of fun to do the leaves that way.
@fishtiger58 It always looks like a lot of fun. Sure saves on the hands.
@KristenH (19057)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not too shabby. I do see a hint of fall coloring on the trees over here. Gorgeous weather over here.
I'm glad you're having good weather.
@KristenH (19057)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him Me too. It's supposed to be nice today, this weekend and into mid-week next week with the final warm days and nights of summer.
@KristenH I looked at the weather this morning and saw we have 80's for a couple more days and then it goes into the 70's.
I wish Fall was making an appearance here but that won't happen for a while yet.
How did you survive the hurricane? Any power outages? Flooding? Fall will get there sooner or later.
@just4him We lost power for a day. There are areas here that flooded badly and some are still without power. =( We were very lucky.
@LovingMyBabies I'm glad your power was restored.