Almost Ready!

@Morleyhunt (19540)
The fair entries must all be delivered to the fairgrounds by tomorrow evening, For the last two weeks I've been trying to complete a lot of small projects. All four of these baby quilts were finished since September 1st....I'm hoping that some of them will win ribbons. By Sunday night I should be posting pictures of and winning ribbons earned.
@Platespinner (16532)
The Huis Vrouw is no where near ready, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel..and then costuming Alice in Wonderland begins in earnest.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Last night it was time to tag and count everything up. 30 is my final tally. (Maybe I can make one or two more before I head out for the day.
@Morleyhunt the Huis Vrouw has 12 tags and hopes to be able to use 11 of them. But only if she works her keister off the next few days...
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@Platespinner then, woman, you need to get off your computer (device) and get back to work.
@BarBaraPrz (19399)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Very nice! I especially like the bottom right one. Which fair are you entering them in?
@Morleyhunt (19540)
They will be entered in the Wainfleet Fall Fair. I would have like to enter some of them in one of our larger fairs, but our vacation made that impossible.
@BarBaraPrz (19399)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@Morleyhunt I would love to go to it, but I don't drive.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@BarBaraPrz no bus service. I'm so glad I learned to drive...I even though the thought of driving used to terrify me.
@KrauseHome (34995)
Really nice. I especially like the bottom right one. Best of Luck
@Morleyhunt (19540)
That quilt seems to be popular. It was a fun quilt to quilt...the printed panel, meant no assembly was required.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
My bet is on that third one. :)
@Morleyhunt (19540)
F they are all candidates in different categories. I have at least two more baby quilts plus five full size quits entered in the fair. A total of thirty entries.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@Morleyhunt The higher probability to get winning ribbons then. Good luck!
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@sol_cee that's true...the more I enter, the better chance of winning a ribbon. Really, what I want is the overall points in quilting prize. It's a gift certificate to a fabric store,
@peachpurple (12389)
Such pretty handmade quilts, you did all of them ?
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Yes, I made all of them...in a very short period of time....my fingers are starting to recover.
@peachpurple (12389)
@Morleyhunt sorr to hear about your fingers. Do rest since you had completed all of them. I must say that you are really professional in sewing
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@peachpurple thank you. I'm better off to keep quilting. The calluses are built up now.
@Lucky15 (33427)
The last on the photo seems simple but the simplicity makes it stand out :) that one is so beautiful :)
@Morleyhunt (19540)
The one with the rings is a printed panel. I hand quilted it.
@Lucky15 (33427)
@Morleyhunt among the four, is that the only hand quilted? :)
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@Lucky15 the top left is hand quilted...the top right is tied...the bottom left is a rag quilt...machine stitched...then all the seams are snipped...ever 1/2 cm...then washed to give it the soft fluffy feel.
Those are all beautiful, but the one I love most is the bottom right.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
That seems to be the overall favourite...wait until I get them back from the fair. Sometimes it's not the one you think it will be.
@Morleyhunt It will be interesting to know.
@UncleJoe (9481)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Fair enough!
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Tomorrow night I'll know the verdict. I'll be sharing that knowledge.
@hereandthere (28908)
i like the upper left and the lower right. somehow the latter made me think of a cake!
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I like all of them, for different reasons. The photos don't really do them justice.
@YrNemo (11190)
Cross my fingers for you. Your quilts are very beautiful .
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Thank you. I'm hoping to stRt to shRe some results either Thursday night or Friday morning.
• Eugene, Oregon
Wishing you well with those beautiful quilts! I hope you win.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Thank you. Tomorrow night I will know....until then it will be wait (patiently?).
They are all beautiful, my favorite is the one with the rings in it, in the lower right hand corner of the 4 you've shown here. Fingers crossed that they all place!
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Out of 30 different entries I hope to collect a few ribbons...the one with the rings is a panel, hand quilted. I refer to them as 'idiot' quilts...you don't need to think about them...all you need to do is quilt it. The 'piecework' is merely printed on a piece of fabric.
Good luck with your quilts and they definitely look like winners
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Thank you. I look forward to seeing how I do, and what other beautiful quilts are entered in the competition.
@Scrapper88 (1333)
I wish I could sew quilts It is something I never got into while I was younger.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
It's never to late to learn. I made my first quilt when I was 23 years old....my mother started to make quilts after her 60th birthday.
Those are beautiful! I know you will win.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Time will tell. Tomorrow night I will be going to the fair to see the results.
Just off to read your next posts about the fair and your (hopefully) winnings!
They would get my vote. They're beautiful! I hope they all win ribbons.