Easy breezy!

I've been a member of Althea.kr, a Korean online shop for a long time now but I hadn't really actually bought anything until about two weeks ago. I was hesitant to use my credit card online especially in a shop that I have never ever tried before. However, Althea introduced their COD system recently and i ordered a few items. Free shipping plus COD? I couldn't wait to shop! And the best thing about it is that it was delivered right at my doorstep in just one week. Have you tried shopping online from another country? Did you encounter some problems?
@Lucky15 (33384)
I have, tree times, from the watch itself, then two more straps :) Might check that one too :)
That's good. How long did it arrive to you? Any custom fees?
@Lucky15 (33384)
@toniganzon Less than a week. no custom fees. :) you can check daniel wellington site, free shipping fee too :)
@Lucky15 If you have mentioned Daniel Wellington earlier then I already know they don't have customs fee. When I shop from that site I use cash back so I get cash rebates.
I have purchased online from a London record store before. I had no problem.
That's really good.
@JustBhem (37140)
• Davao, Philippines
That's cool. But I haven't tried ordering outside the Philippines.
If you're into Korean products and you have a budget for more than 1,000. It's the best choice than buying at stores. Way cheaper.
@JustBhem (37140)
• Davao, Philippines
@toniganzon Wow. It's cheaper indeed and I korean's cosmetics. They are effective.
@JustBhem Not all are effective. There are cheap Korean products in the market that aren't good at all.
@sol_cee (15487)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
The first of the many more items to be delivered at your doorstep. Happy shopping Toni-san.
Thanks Sol!
I did it with ebay when I bought the sims 2 game. But I had to go to the post office to get my package. At least yours got delivered.
That's why I don't buy from eBay international. Sometimes you have to pay customs fee when you pick it up from the post office.
That's pretty awesome and, yeah China has a lot of good deals.
I'll never buy from China. I'm always afraid to buy anything from there.
@dpk262006 (56170)
I have not yet tried shopping online through another country. I have tried online shopping within the country only. If COD option is there, there is nothing wrong in trying.
Most people are afraid to shop from another country.
@dpk262006 (56170)
@toniganzon Yes, you are very right that people are afraid to buy from website of another country. What did you shop from the site?
@dpk262006 It's in the photo.
Tried this already. I got some watches online. Paid using PayPal. Got the watches in a week. If they had COD, I'll be buying more from them.
COD is really convenient.
@toniganzon true that. Minimizes the risk of you getting ripped off and not getting your package after you've paid for it.
@allen0187 Exactly why I prefer that!
@peachpurple (12875)
I did order a jeans from taiwan and korea, paid by debit card, arrived in a week. Good quality
Oh that's good for you. If there's one thing I don't buy online, it's usually clothing especially jeans. And I don't like paying my debit card or credit card for online purchases.
@peachpurple (12875)
@toniganzon you pay cash on delivery? Yes the jean size is different from reality
@peachpurple Yes, that's what COD stands for.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I buy from eBay and Amazon a lot and have gotten stuff from China and England.
These days, I don't seem to trust eBay anymore and I prefer COD.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@toniganzon why wouldn't you trust ebay they've been around forever.and if,you,use PayPal your purchase is protected
@thislittlepennyearns I know but you see if we buy from eBay we have to check the sellers' background, plus if we buy eBay international we have to pick it up from the post office and pay customs fee.
I tried to buy a certain perfume that I received a sample of from Harrod's in London. No could do.
Oh what happened?
@dodoazo (19613)
Nope# But from Lazada. It's delivered to me and it's COD too.
I know Lazada and I shop there too but they don't have the tings that I want and they're way more expensive than Althea.
@responsiveme (16240)
Not me but hubby shops online from other countries...Mostly the experience is good
That's good.
@ridingbet (53021)
no i haven't tried that yet.
@tech40 (9260)
@toniganzon Wow really? Cash on Delivery and Free shipping? Does their company is located on Korea. or they have fulfillment center here in Philippines?
No they don't have fulfillment center here at all. It's free shipping for a certain amount you've purchased. I think it shouldn't be less than 1,000 pesos. I always buy more than that amount so it's free shipping.
@tech40 (9260)
@toniganzon I see now.. so that is why it'll take a week to deliver the package.. and that is for business hours only?
@tech40 Nope. They delivered to my house at 6pm already. Althea will email you the tracking number so you could track it on when it would be delivered and the courier will call you on the day they will go to your house. When they say they would deliver within the day it's not only the business hours.
@kepweng (14768)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
so far away your shopping i think thier have amazon lazada
They don't have the products I like.
@ilocosboy (34315)
Going to check it. Sounds cool
I'm sure you'll find something there for your wife.