When you answer rhetoric questions

Some parents are harsh. My mother is one of those. All her friends are too. You will not answer her rhetoric questions and get away with it. I remember when I was way younger, I once answered her "What is wrong with you?" with "manners". The beating I got from her still comes to haunt me once in a while. Even then, I think they shoudn't be questions if they should not be answered.
@mandala100 (50545)
@Canaanite I'm sorry to hear that you were then getting coporal punishment from you mom.
She did this within the law. I have never felt abused through the many beatings I got as a child
@mandala100 (50545)
@Canaanite It that's what the law says in your country my friend.
@mandala100 that's what the law says
@singhisback (2147)
• Jalandhar, India
I'm sorry to know about that. I hope she's not much harsh now
She is not harsh with her grandchildren. We have since started our own homes now
• Jalandhar, India
@Canaanite that's nice. Anyways. Hope you are enjoying mylotting
@singhisback I ffear it might be addictive
• Nairobi, Kenya
They are called moms and sparing the rod was not one of the things that they would fathom. I'd personally say it's not that bad, it brought about a good generation.
It helped especially for me and my siblings
• Nairobi, Kenya
My parents are also harsh :(
@dodoazo (21372)
You're too high sounding! What do you mean by rhetoric question? Can you state it in an ordinary tem for easy understanding?
@dodoazo when my mother asked me what was wrong with me, I told her that it was my manners. I should not have answered the question.
@dodoazo (21372)
@Canaanite That's correct. That's what I am reminding our grandchildren not to answer back to us as their grandparents for that be a sign of disrespect and bad manners.
@dodoazo I agree with you on that
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
I am totally against beating or any other kind of physical abuse especially where children are concerned. I never felt the need to use a rod to any of my 3 children although they drove me up the wall a dozen times a day , when I found it difficult beyond my limits I would burst into tears. My children , now adults , tease me saying that was emotional blackmail
In my country, this does not amount to abuse. It is allowed by law provided as long as it is reasonable
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
@Canaanite How does one decide what is reasonable and what is not ...
@kiran8 if it is excessive, the child will show signs of abuse like in any other form of abuse
@YrNemo (14717)
you are funny! I would have trouble with my parents too if I answered back in that specific way. Problem is, that answer of yours implies a lot, least, a poke at your mother's manner in a negative way. Hope you are not offended here.
I am not offended. I must say I paid the price
@YrNemo (14717)
@Kosgey (1292)
Part of descipline to respect the elder ones.
True my friend
@Kosgey (1292)
@Canaanite very true
Hahaha its called being brought up by an african woman.don't think there is any african child without a story to tell.hahaha
You're right
@sishy7 (27598)
Parents have their own different ways to discipline their children according to what they see fit - some are more harsh than others...
My mother was the harsh type. We are grateful though. We are all responsible members of the society