South Indian Filter Coffee..what is your preference ?

South Indian filter coffee
@kiran8 (15361)
Mangalore, India
Filter coffee is very popular in the southern parts of India. It has a very rich and unique aroma, flavor and taste.I love the frothy filter coffee which is normally served in steel tumblers in restaurants. Coffee is grown in all the southern states of India and each state has its own version of filter coffee . Along with Tea , India is one of the top producers of Coffee in the world with Brazil leading the list followed by Vietnam, Colombia and Indonesia. Coffee is probably one of the most popular and loved beverages across the world. Depending n the region and lifestyle people prefer having coffee either back or with milk and sugar. Some have it with a pinch of salt and honey as well..so how do you like to have your coffee ? ( Image from the net)
@alberello75 (16585)
• Genova, Italy
I drink a lot of coffee during the day. However, I realized that, is the amount of sugar that is not good for me. Sometimes I should use the sweetener.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
You know according to some dieticians and doctors even sweeteners have some chemicals that are do more harm than sugar. You could reduce the amount of sugar you take with your coffee .
@alberello75 (16585)
• Genova, Italy
@kiran8 Ok maybe it's better to reduce also the number of coffee per day.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@alberello75 yes I guess that is even better
@mandala100 (36159)
@kiran8 It's coffee with sugar most of the time; although I also have coffee with creamer or coffee with milk once in a while my friend.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
I guess the bitter taste needs to be balanced with milk , cream or sugar . I like black coffee after a heavy meal
@mandala100 (36159)
@kiran8 That's right my friend there ought to be a sense of balance.
@yanzalong (10150)
Yes, it will be much tastier if we eat bread as well.
@dpk262006 (56115)
For me filter coffee is best. I like it more than instant coffee. I worked in an office, where filter coffee was available at a very reasonable price and we used to have it almost every other day. At home, it is difficult for us to prepare filter coffee (though I have the requisite gadgets) yet we have not tried it.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Hi Deepak, good to interact with you after a long time.. once you get hooked on to filter coffee you really develop a taste for it..Many foreigners who visit India and taste south Indian filter coffee , take back the stainless steel coffee filter and coffee beans or ground coffee
@dpk262006 (56115)
@kiran8 Nice to see you on board. Yes, I agree with you that those fall for the taste of filtered coffee developed a taste for it. I understand that it is the purest form of coffee and it will always taste different than other types of coffee.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@dpk262006 It can be really strong depending on how many spoonful s of coffee powder has gone into the filter. There is a very popular place in Bangalore called India Coffee house that serves really good filter coffee
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Last night I bought this Starbucks reusable cup and it came with two packs of coffee and some kind of filter. But I seldom drink coffee. ;)
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
You are probably one of the few people who dont drink coffee
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@kiran8 My stomach goes crazy after drinking coffee. That's why. ;)
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@sol_cee Is that so? For some here coffee is a solution to all stomach problem s lol
@singhisback (2180)
• Jalandhar, India
Yeah i like this one as well
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Same here, we have a small restaurant close to where I work that serves the best filter coffee I have ever tasted
• Jalandhar, India
@kiran8 that's great. So you don't like tea?
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@singhisback I like tea as well, I have tea early in the morning. One of our friends has both coffee and tea estates in the Western Ghats at a place called Kalasa , and he gives us both tea leaves and coffee beans.
@pitstop (5396)
When prepared well this is one of my favorite coffee. I have a coffee filter at home but rarely use it now.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
It is a bit cumbersome , so I too don't use the filter often
@pitstop (5396)
@kiran8 it's not too difficult. I use the simple method - put the coffee powder, place the thing with the holes over it. Pour hot water and then use the decoction.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@pitstop Yes thats how I too do it . you have to wait for the dicoction to trickle down slowly
@silvermist (19905)
www.wikipedia
In the mornings,I have black coffee,but at other times and especially in a vegetarian restaurant,I have it with milk and sugar. During my childhood days, I was always interested in watching the coffee being served in restaurants with the steel glass placed upside down .
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
I too like to have it in a steel tumbler like they normally serve in restaurants . Masala Dosa and filter coffee is my favorite combination ..
@silvermist (19905)
@kiran8 Today we made Masala Dosa and Sambar at home.
@yanzalong (10150)
I love my coffee with milk. Sometimes without sugar at all for certain reasons of course.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Yes, I agree coffee tastes best with milk and sugar , have a nice day
@yanzalong (10150)
@kiran8 You too.
@kepweng (11490)
nice do you try coffee with ice cream?
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Oh Yes I like cold coffee with ice cream, it is yummy
@shaynas (5535)
I love filter coffee, made with fresh beans!
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Yes that is the best ..k
@rubyriaz007 (3079)
I love filter coffee very much..
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Once you taste it , you realise it is the best ..
@Freelanzer (8287)
I like my coffee black or with soy
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
I never knew you could have it with soy ? Soya milk ?