Do you have an old eye glasses?

I was browsing on the living looking for some small pins when I found this odd pouch on the side. When I opened it I was shock to see this old eye glasses. This one belonged to my Dad because I've seen his old pictures when he was a bit younger wearing these. I was planning to sell this online, but who would want a relic like this. Maybe it's good to keep this as a memory from my Dad's. Do you have an old stuff from your parents that worth a remembrance?
No I don't, my mom wears glasses though.
Is her glasses new or the same she used before? @TRBRocks420 good for you that you don't need glasses.
@Letranknight2015 She has a few pairs.
@ilocosboy (34407)
there is a very old eyeglasses in the house that no one care to use because it belong to the old folks.
Hello @ilocosboy Yeah, it's not really wise to wear them anymore. In fact, it could literally damage your eyes in the process.
@ilocosboy (34407)
@Letranknight2015 but its a good collection
@YrNemo (13402)
hmmm, not really. I have their old photos.
Hello @YrNemo Old photos are good mementos as well.
@YrNemo (13402)
@Letranknight2015 You are right there. Having their photos is almost the same as having them in the same house with me.
@magallon (18118)
There are antique items in my parents' house and they are stored in a cabinet. They have no plans of selling it.
Well, it's a family memory @magallon unless you need the money though.
@magallon (18118)
@Letranknight2015 Yeah .. maybe.. but those antiques are more important than money. We can have money anytime but those antiques, if they get lost, we can no longer have them again.
@singhisback (2174)
• Jalandhar, India
That's nice to know and yeah they are memories. I don't have
I'm sure you got other things that you can consider as a memento from your parents @singhisback
@m_audrey6788 (13672)
Well..I have some precious things from my Mother and used to have some things of my father but had to let it go .
My dad had a lot of stuff since he was a hoarder @m_audrey6788 we had a collection of news papers dated back 1990s.
@Letranknight2015 ..Wow! but we can`t because I put old newspapers away for recycling and got some small earnings from it
@m_audrey6788 They were instances that I could sell news papers but the prices are not higher compare before.
@hereandthere (31895)
my father had a frame like that.
You call that frame? @hereandthere
@Letranknight2015 i mean he had eyeglasses like that, gold and the same shape. like ninoy's in the 500 peso bill.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Isn't the word "frame" okay to use?
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
I have a few items in the house way back in the province that belong to my parents. There were a few that I can even use in going to the office. You know some pants and tops?
Hello @neildc old pants and tops? Not sure I think they're all worn out now.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 there are still some that worth wearing. My mom also left us with some sewing machines, singer brand if you are familiar with? They arr still working. Bad thing I cannot bring them with me here on my place.
@Lucky15 (33751)
The only thing that were left are my parents clothes ;/
Do you wear some of them @Lucky15 i have clothes from my elder siblings and some of their clothes when they were toddlers were inherited by my nieces and nephews.
@Lucky15 (33751)
@Letranknight2015 nope, i feel like, scared :))
That's a good memory from him. I have furniture that belonged to my parents and grandparents.
Hello @just4him You still use them? It must be in good condition. I forgot I still have a closet here that has door glass.
@Letranknight2015 Yes, I use them. I love my grandparent's kitchen table. See pic. The chairs are new.
I know that my Mother has the old eyeglasses that my father used.
Hello @LadyDuck so you mean that your mom uses your dad's glasses? I guess they have the same vision then. Unfortunately, I couldn't use my dads..
@shubhu3 (14275)
• New Delhi, India
That's cute. I have photographes of my parents when they were small. They usually tell me I have a resemblance to my mother. Though I am more like my father in nature.
Wow, that's really cool @shubhu3 we have a very old album coming from my mother's side. Sad though because I don't have an album from my Dad's side of the family.
@shubhu3 (14275)
• New Delhi, India
@Letranknight2015 Okay. That's alright. You resemble more like your father or mother?
@vsai2008 (7689)
I have very old glasses which my father used to wear
Hello @vsai2008 Oh, okay that's good you have something more of a memory of your parents.
@vsai2008 (7689)
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i have but alrweady sold it for cheap price
How much did you sell it @kepweng
@acelawrites (11804)
Just keep it to remind you of your Dad. Yes, I have so many of them, especially from my mother. And when I misses her, I hold or embrace them like her beautiful shawl from Baguio.
Hello @acelawrites My mom has a lot of that and uses them when she gets cold in a bus or somewhere else cold.
@FayeHazel (18475)
I think you should keep it
I guess you're right @FayeHazel because you don't see eye glasses like this these days.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Don't sell. It is good to keep it because anything belonging to your dad is special to you. :)
Nope, I won't and I don't think there's anyone here that would buy it @mildredtabitha
@ramapo17 (24561)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have quite a few things from my parents. My favorite things besides pictures are two beautiful crocheted table cloths that my dad made. Yes my dad. He was great making things like that. My mom did the great cooking and sewing.