What's On Your Plate?

Good morning, or good day to you. Its looking like it will be another warm and humid day here today for us. We turned our a/c back on last Sunday and I don't foresee us turning it off this week based on the weather forecast. Glad that we have it, it makes it a little easier on sleeping. I had a rough night and am not feeling very well today. So I won't be going into work. I need to try to rest and see if that will help me. I will hopefully be able to spend a bit more time on the site as a result. What's on your plate for the day today? ~photo is a little of my Christmas baking from last year
Hope you feel better soon. I don't have much planned today. Mmmm those Christmas treats look so good.
Thanks. I have a lot of pain today, so home resting is the best place to be I think. Hard to believe that Christmas baking is something that has already been on my mind.
@Juliaacv Christmas baking has been on my mind too and I bought myself a new Kitchenaid stand mixer. Now I hope I have the energy to bake as much as I want to
@Marilynda1225 I don't have one of those, I think that I must bake on a much smaller scale because my hand mixer seems to do the trick. After looking at the picture I have a craving for some thumb-print cookies. They are my favorite, so quick and easy to bake and you can put any kind of jam in the center. I'm going to make some up with a bit of peanut butter and melt a hersey kiss over them this year. Our daughter-in-law will just love those!
Oh yum, that plate looks delish!! I am still not sleeping good and as a result I am exhausted. I think it is getting better.Al has his colonoscopy at noon tomorrow so today was prep day and we need to get up early for the last part of the prep. I will be glad when the next couple of weeks are over.
The only thing that I enjoy off of that tray are the thumb print cookies, a recipe that I received from another member here. This year I hope to make those with a bit of peanut butter and a Hershey kiss melted over it-our daughter-in-law will love those. You have been thru so much the past 6 months, and this week sounds like it was rough. I hope that after his scope tomorrow everyone can let their hair down and relax and rest-you deserve it.
@Juliaacv not quite yet he has a urodynamuc test next week and an MRI and then we can relax lol
@BelleStarr I'll keep him (and you) in my prayers.
Not much here, I have a few repairs to do to sumo suits at work and then pack a few sets to ship out, and I have two records I need to mail off, one is going to someone in Rhode Island and one to someone in Kansas.
I guess that sumo suits would rip and need repairs too, right? I have some sewing repairs that I need to set some time aside to do, mending isn't my most favorite job in the world.
@Juliaacv Yeah, they get kind of rough with them at times and the seams rip open
Breakfast was leftovers from last night - hamburger and broccoli. I've since had a bowl of blueberries. I have salmon out for supper. I'll most likely make it as soon as I finish the notifications. I'm getting there. Your Christmas plate of goodies looks good. We have warm and humid here too. Supposed to rain, and it's beginning to look like it's clouding over to do that. I hope you feel better soon.
I don't have a problem making those different goodies because they don't really appeal to me, I make them for other family members and friends. I make a great peanut brittle, but haven't tasted any of it in decades.
@Juliaacv I used to enjoy peanut brittle, but when I realized I had a peanut allergy, that and everything else peanuts went by the wayside. The only thing I ever really hated was peanut butter. I never liked the way it stuck to the roof of my mouth. I was so happy I found out I was allergic to peanuts so I wouldn't need to even think about peanut butter again.
@just4him I just love all things peanuts, I even make my own chocolate covered peanut bark at Christmas time.
I had a good day at work. Hope that you are doing better now. It's in the 80's here again I do believe.
I love this warmth in September and welcome it in October. We both know what's coming later on in the year, so I'm all for enjoying these days. Glad that you had a good day at work.
@Juliaacv Yes the snow is pretty on the trees, but not fun otherwise!! And we get way below zero temps here too!
@Susan2015 We live in London, Ontario now, and that's in the snow belt of the province-and I'm such a nervous winter driver, I don't know how I'll fare.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital waiting for my husband who had many different tests and two doctor appointments. I am not very well, I caught a cold.
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that you're waiting at the hospital while you, yourself are ill. I hope that you get home soon and can rest and have a nice cup of tea.
@Juliaacv I feel a little better today, the nose still runs but not as much as yesterday. Staying at home is the best medicine. Thanks for your words.
@LadyDuck Oh I'm glad, sometimes it is so difficult to get rid of a cold at this time of the year. I'm still feeling the last effects of my cold that I acquired a week ago, and my other health issue is as bad as it ever has been. I had to miss work yesterday as a result. My doctor won't be able to see me until next Monday, so I have to hold on until then.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Our regular meal usually consists of cooked rice with different viand. This time, dinner time over here, we have eggplant, cut into quarter, fried, and soaked in soy sauce with calamansi and chili. This is more delicious when eaten with bare hand.
We don't eat these sweets more then once a year.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
@Juliaacv be careful with sweets, it makes our blood sugar high
@neildc Oh I don't eat that stuff, I put it out for guests only.
@shubhu3 (18215)
• New Delhi, India
The picture is really tempting. I didn't had anything special.
Thanks, that's a small sample of my Christmas baking.
@shubhu3 (18215)
• New Delhi, India
@Juliaacv It is seriously amazing.
@shubhu3 Thanks.
I do hope the rest will make you feel better. It will continue to be in the 90s here for many days. Way too hot for me.
It is hot here also, we have our a/c on. I see the doctor next Monday, so I am hoping for a course of treatment, I'm getting awfully weak from this.
@Juliaacv So glad you have an appointment to see the doctor. A course of treatment would be so helpful.
@Corbin5 Thanks, yes indeed. I'm patiently waiting for next Monday now.
I hope you feel better really soon.
Thanks Jenn, I've rested a lot today, which is helping me as I was feeling so very weak.
@Juliaacv I'm glad you rested. I hope you feel even better tomorrow.
@LovingMyBabies It helps to rest during the day since I was up so much last night and I am so weak from this. Only a few more days until I see the doctor, I called today to see if he had any openings before that, but was disappointed that he did not.
@jobelbojel (8168)
Take care. Get better soon. Last week I wasn't feeling well. I did not report to work for one day.
Thank you, I hope that this is my case also.
@Juliaacv take a rest and drink a lot of water. I ate fruits and meds. And got to report to work the following day.
@jobelbojel I've been resting for a bit now, still no change.
@Dena91 (4645)
Hope that you feel better. Your plate looks like something my mom in law makes every year at the holidays. Have a blessed day
Thank you. That's just one of the plates that I did up, it had some of our son's favorites on it.
@Dena91 (4645)
@Juliaacv Mom makes kolache's, fudge, peanut butter and coconut balls, chocolate covered pretzels among other things. She loves baking.
@Dena91 I like to make a lot of different squares, and mix in a few different cookie recipes and then some of this chocolate and fudge that you see here.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I hope you feel better soon. I think I am going to make some bread today if I can find a recipe I like.
I haven't made bread in years. We liked it too much, and ate too much! I hope that yours turns out well once you decide on a recipe.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv I do too
@peachpurple (12770)
Do rest well and get well soon too. That plate of treats could drive your blood sugar sky rocket for sure!
I don't eat fudge and only eat some chocolate in really small amounts. I'm hoping that my resting for the day will turn things around, thanks.
@peachpurple (12770)
@Juliaacv don't think too much, relax your mind and body
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
sorry to hear you are not feeling well and had a bad night... I hope the rest you get today, will help... those treats look nice in the photo...
Hopefully I won't have too many bad nights before things turn around. Last night was short, and full of broken sleep, but today is a new day and I'll hopefully sleep better tonight.
• Nairobi, Kenya
It's afternoon, for me over here my day is slowing down. I can't say i look forward to laundry later
There are worst jobs I can think of besides laundry.
Picking up the boat and that did not go well. I could use a piece of that fudge
Sorry about the fudge. I actually never eat any of these selections except for the thumb print cookies, those I love.
Sorry to hear you arent feeling well. Feel better soon
Thank you, I hope so too.
I hope you feel better too! The weather here has been warmer than usual but I haven't had the AC on much.
We are experiencing high humidity levels also, as we are surrounded by the Great Lakes, so between the heat and the humidity and the fact that we're at the end of summer and have had enough of this, we use the a/c, its not so bad.
@sallypup (28520)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Your photo just added pounds to my hips. We turned the heater on yesterday and you are turning your air on. I am sorry you are not well.
Thank you. We turned the a/c on last Sunday and I don't foresee us turning it off any time soon based on the forecast. Its very warm and muggy here-but hey, its late September and I'm in Canada, so I'm NOT complaining.