Just Puh-lease Quit Your Caterwauling, Already!

@bluesa (15212)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh please just puh-lease quit your caterwauling!  That is what I wanted to shout last night! Because there is a tomcat loudly meowing all night! Just a yowling! Thanks to our neighbours for not having their cat spayed seriously very brilliant of them and now we have a oh lordy love sick tomcat serenading us! And it is NOT pretty serenading either! I don't blame the tomcat, I do blame our neighbours! And that poor tomcat looks at me with heartsore eyes all love sick and all and I tell him I am very sorry that he is so love sick, but he turns his butt on me. Walks away with his nose in the air. Lol. Any idea how long a female cat stays on heat? How many more nights of serenading do I have to look forward (mumbles, yeah, sure, to self) to? Anyone or anything serenading any of you? Have a good Wednesday, all.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
@LadyDuck has the right answer @bluesa . I think I'd be having a little chit-chat with the neighbors.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you for verifying. I had a very fun conversation with the neighbours, we're not going to like each other for a while @nanette64 .
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
I am glad that all the cats of the neighbors are spayed. Cats can be very loud and be prepared because cats stay in heat for 4 to 10 days, and this cycle can happen every few weeks. I am very sorry.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, Anna. Thank you, I am at my wits end about this and have had words with my neighbours for their carelessness. I am happy your neighbours are responsible pet owners.
@bluesa Here it is the law, if you do not comply, they come and bring the animals to the vet and you receive the bill.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck , this is something our country should do, sadly most people here do as they please.
@1hopefulman (33628)
A caterwauling cat! I just learned a new word. I wonder if I'll ever have a use for it? Cat(herine) are you jealous of a cat? Yes, I think there be a couple guys serenading some nights because I hear some screaming and wailing outside.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Good you now know a new word. I had a reason to use it...though I hope you won't, it is no fun, I tell ya. LOL! No I am not jealous of a cat funny guy you! Very sharp Oh no, you have guys serenading? Yikes! I hope you can sort that out!
@1hopefulman (33628)
@bluesa They are just a couple of men that are drinking and making noise. Maybe they are serenading the cats.
I also learned a new word! I had no idea what this was going to be about it I admit!
I don't know anything about female cats. So I don't have the answer to that. I hope the serenade stops soon so you can get some sleep. Are you the one with the female cat? Is the tomcat serenading your cat?
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
No, neither cat is mine @just4him . The female cat is my neighbours and the tomcat sits on the wall we share and serenades her, I just get to hear it too.
@bluesa Aren't you the lucky one caught in the middle.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@just4him , oh Yes, lol, I am just so very lucky. hehe.
@YesWay (3447)
Oh god it must be absolutely awful to have to listen to that every night.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is not easy, that is for sure, I am now using ear plugs!
@YesWay (3447)
@bluesa I hope they work for you
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YesWay thank you. I hope you'll have a good day. :)
@FayeHazel (21431)
I think females can pick and choose somewhat when and how long they come in heat. :/ And I agree. I also blame your neighbors. Maybe put on the tv for some white noise? Or a pail of water out the window would scare away the cat?
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks, since this might go on a while I have a feeling I will be trying all that.
@FayeHazel (21431)
@bluesa Ha ha, oh dear. :( I hope something works to discourage neighbor kitty from coming to sing you a song
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , thank you, so far it is a serenading us. I think I will start singing along soon. Ha.
Cats are no allowed to roam here, nor are dogs. All must be on-leash with owners if out and about, so no lovesick kitties here.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You're so lucky that is the case there by you. Here I have a whole lotta serenading to still look forward to.
@bluesa Well, the reason for the no-roaming law is to prevent a mass of puppies and kittens that would fill the shelters, keeping dogs and cats from being hit by cars, protecting them from disease, and protecting humans and other dogs and cats from a breed of dog that is known for unpredictable behavior. . All cats and dogs here seem to be very happy, and owners do have fenced yards for dogs to enjoy as well as many dog parks.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , Yes, and I wish we had that law here, it only makes sense. Unfortunately it is up to the individual here. :(
If it is like dogs it is a couple of weeks so invest in ear plugs lol
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, Iz, industrial strength ear plugs seem like a great idea right now, lol.
@YrNemo (14768)
I heard that often certain nights when we were at our previous place. My kids were still toddlers then, and the whole thing scared me badly.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Luckily it doesn't scare me, but oh my it is highly annoying. Thank goodness you no longer have to deal with. Sorry it scared you.
I've always had my female cats spayed, and honestly never heard a tomcat yowl. I'm sure it's awful. I hope he keeps your neighbor up at night as well. Perhaps a hint is needed.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, I had a lovely chat with the neighbours last night, Dianne, then I took two Advil, shoved a pillow over my ears and slept as long as I could. I know you're a very loving and responsible pet owner, and a fabulous Grammy to Doodles
Sorry to hear my friend. I deal with the same idiocy at times.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, it is amazing how idiotic certain people can be.
I feel for you. Cats can be quite loud when looking for a mate.
@bluesa (15212)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, it is a very annoying time of it at the moment.
@kepweng (19190)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i want my cat to have many babies cause thier are the guardian of my house beacuse many rats