Poor Little Bear

Kuma means little bear in Japanese. Kuma is the female kitty of our younger groom to be. Yesterday was Kuma's annual visit to the vet. She does not like going, and does not like going into her cat carrier. When our son very quietly placed the cat carrier on the floor, Kuma was not around. When she saw it, she cried, urinated, and cried some more, but into the carrier she went. Kuma cried in the car. She cried in front of the vet. She hid her little face in our son's armpit during her entire examination and shots. Kuma cried all the way home. Kuma needed tender loving care throughout the day and the entire evening. She was back to her old self today. Notice the ray of sunshine that made her front paw look red? Notice her fat pink belly? The kind vet told our son that Kuma is 1 pound overweight (0.454 kg). We don't think Kuma will like being on a diet either.
@mandala100 (43265)
@Dianne Kuma must start dieting now my friend. That's a very good shot of Kuma.
She is on a diet as of today. Fat fluffy poor girl!
@mandala100 (43265)
@DianneN That's good to hear my freind. And how are you doing today my friend?
@mandala100 Thanks and finally relaxing!
what cause her overweight problem there?
Sleeping and eating
@DianneN they feed it too much.They only need to eat once a day.
@amadeo She barely eats. Try telling that to Doodles!
Oh poor Kuma. She had a rough day yesterday.
She will have a rough day when she gets dropped off at my house when the kids go on their honeymoon.
@DianneN Oh no, kitty carrier again. Poor Kuma.
@LovingMyBabies Poor Kuma and my poor son. He gets so upset for her.
Our cat doesnt like going into the carrier either. Takes 1-2 hours to get him in it. But hes quiet in the car. Poor cat. But shes better today so yay.
At least your kitty is quiet in the car. I don't know why she hates the carrier so much. She probably associates a trip to the vet with it. Doodle struts into his and is good as gold at the vet. Go figure? Thanks!
@DianneN ours hated it the first time we put it near him before he even got in it. My bfs cats make noisevin the car and pant.
@Courtlynn Poor kitties. We don't want to upset them, but carriers are a necessary evil.
Oh dear, Kuma just had an awful day. Well, with a little added exercise, perhaps Kuma can drop that extra pound. Perish the though she has to be put on a diet!!!!
Kuma sleeps all day and only plays a few minutes before bedtime. I'm sure when she is reunited with Doodles, he'll keep her hopping. lol
A very lovely Kuma Dianne.
Thank you, OT. She is the same age as my granddaughter.
@kobesbuddy (46254)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Kuma is finding out, that life isn't always the way we desire it to be! She's beautiful:)
Lol! See what happens when bikini season is over! Thank you. She's so sweet and fluffy!
@kobesbuddy (46254)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN We use to have a cat, I miss her personality!:)
@kobesbuddy Aw, so sorry. We still miss our dog. Our boys grew up with him and he went with us on every vacation that didn't require a jet.
@acelawrites (10931)
Kuma is so cute! I could hug her too! I think she was jut nervous when you took her to the vet. Good thing she recovered fast.
She is a true Fraidy Cat!
@KristenH (24040)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Poor Kuma. Hope he takes his medicine and goes on a diet. What a cute thing.
Aw, thank you. She doesn't need any meds, thank goodness, but has to be more active and given fewer treats. lol
@JustBhem (36710)
• Davao, Philippines
Kuma must have a bad day. Maybe he needs to be pampered.
Yes, she needed pampering all day long until bedtime. I should try her tricks. lol
@JustBhem (36710)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN Haha. Why not?
@YrNemo (12638)
I thought it was a real bear until I measured (with my eyes) the length of the limbs with the proportion of that body ! Then I thought it was a puppy, but it turned out to be a kitty! (I am bad !) By the way, how does kitty cry, do they meow meow or they really shed tears and make weird noise? Our cat was such a quiet & well behaved creature, except for the few times it ran away with the family dinner (every time my mother just finished frying a giant fish) .
She is quite small compared to her brother, Doodles, who is living with us until we leave for Florida. She meows over and over in her little female cat voice. No tears or snot, thank goodness! Oooo, you had a watchful and smart cat. I hope he didn't burn his little pink tongue! Your mom must have been beside herself!
@YrNemo (12638)
@DianneN We chased after that cat, but it was very quick, it took the fish with it (don't know how but it did!) to the top of the cupboard... We were really angry with that cat, but at the same time, a cat has to eat, right!
@YrNemo That fish cooking must have given the cat quite an appetite! I think it makes for a great story. lol
@Lucky15 (33386)
Cutie furry :) Kuma knew what will be happening, she will be on diet and somehow saw that coming.
Diets are no fun for kitties or humans alike! lol
@Lucky15 (33386)
@DianneN Kuma forsees what will happen, and i might be crying too
lol I'm with Kuma, I act the same way when I have to go for my annual visit!!! And I wish I only had 1 pound to lose. lol
You are hilarious!!!!
A very cute kitty. Well, humans don't like visiting the doctor either.
Thanks and so true!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Awww bless her. Now don't go giving her any dough balls.
LOL!!! It's so good to have you back!!! Boy, have there been dough balls rolling around here!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN LOL! Who have you been throwing them at?
The first thing I noticed was her paw in the photo Poor thing really hates the vet. One of out cats was really nasty to the vet. He had to put on long leather gloves all the way up his arms to pull the cat out a little just to give him a shot. Otherwise he was such a sweet cat!
Good eyesight! Animals don't understand what's going on, just like babies. Breaks my heart.
@thelme55 (14552)
Kuma sensed that she was going to the vet. Poor Kuma. I am glad she is her normal self now. She should loss her weight though.
She knew! Yes, she must lose that one pound of weight, the poor girl.
Poor little Kuma. She doesn't realise how lucky she is to have such a caring owner.
@ridingbet (52676)
Kuma is a sensitive cat, scared of her doctor, but then she was all right after. like a human being. i hope she will stick to her diet regimen
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
That is so cute. Kuma is a cat like all others who hate to go to the vet and be in a car. My cat is the same and it is a stressful day when I have to take him to the vet. Poor Kuma has to go on a diet. This is so sad. I had to put Dakota on a diet and this wasn't easy. One pound on an animal is not os easy to lose. Dakota was 2.5 Kilos over weight and it took me around 6 months to take it off him. You can't do it too fast otherwise the animal will get sick. I had to cut just a small bit of his food each day until he lost the weight he needed to lose. My animals weight gain is because of my boyfriend spoiling them and feeding them at the table. This is not allowed in my book and I finally got him to stop doing this. He is terrible with the animals. He thinks they need to eat more. He loves them all, but he is terrible at spoiling them.