So while I sit here

@Ithink (6136)
and feel like I'm wasting my life waiting hour by hour for her to finish one page of math (and yes she knows how to do just wont apply herself) I brought my laptop out. Figured if nothing else I can work here. I'm getting so irritated thou. I have to figure out something!
I think the waiting is a good idea, although boring for you. It is best for her to do it on her own and perhaps is something that is a little bit of fun happens after the math, that would speed her up a bit. If you see at some point she is finishing the homework more quickly, then praise her for it, and really make a big deal out of the praise.
@Ithink (6136)
Oh I do, high fives and all. I dont know why other then she thinks the Math is relaitively dumb and not needed that she is being like this. Hope it changes soon thou!
I have been doing nothing but staring in space. I hope you get it worked out.
@Ithink (6136)
Oh me too, why are you doing that?
@ilocosboy (31983)
Maybe you should help her now to not waste your time
@Ithink (6136)
I show her and we go thru the lesson and do a practice problem and then she has a page of like 3 problems to do on her on to show she knows how to do them. She needs to know on her own for her testing.
@ilocosboy (31983)
@Ithink oh, you're a teacher, how nice, Iand I believe that is right way to teach someone and not just relying to others.
@Ithink (6136)
@ilocosboy Well kinda Im homeschooling my daughter thru Pacyber.
@peachpurple (9788)
ah... you are not alone my dear, I wasted my time for 4-5 hours while waiting for my son to finish just 1 homework as he play stickman with his pencils and ruler, while I keep screaming
@Ithink (6136)
Ha they could be siblings, she does everything but what is needed anymore. We are so far behind again.
@Ithink yeah, kids think alike, they are not in a hurry until last minute
@Ithink (6136)
@peachpurple Used to be she would get to it if she thought her grades would go down. She had straight A's the last few years, doesn't seem to be bothering her so far this year.
@YrNemo (7596)
Some children take forever to do a certain task. A number of times I told my kids, 'just take a break then return..'
@Ithink (6136)
I do that for every page she gets a break unless we get far behind, which we are getting now as she has been like this the last few days. I mean I know it isn't fun but this is her job. I cant do it for her.
@YrNemo (7596)
@Ithink I still remember practically begging my kids to practice piano or doing maths. I explained to them the reason why blah blah blah... Now that they are older, they are quite pleased and condescending to their friends who are not good like them in these subjects.
@Ithink (6136)
@YrNemo My thing is she basically gets it just wont do it! Driving me nuts. I tried talking to her one teacher today, tried being the word!
@YesWay (3496)
Oh dear this doesn't sound good
@Ithink (6136)
It isnt for my health that is for sure, Im suppose to stay away from stress. I asked the doctor if that meant she was going to do schooling then!?
@YesWay (3496)
@Ithink Haha good one
@Ithink (6136)
@Yadah04 (2901)
Give her a break then give yourself a break. Breathe.
@Ithink (6136)
If I give her anymore breaks we will never finish anything that is one of the problems. If she would just do what is needed we could be done in 5 hours top everyday and be on schedule to boot!