Unbelievable.

My boyfriend and I are both really angry tonight. But thankfully, it's not with one another. Instead it's with his father. Why? Because my boyfriends car just got repoed a few hours ago for being four months behind on payments!! . Which is his dads fault because his dad went out and got him the car without his knowledge. Or his moms. Even though they were having money trouble, and my boyfriend doesn't have a job. And because of the trouble and no job, my boyfriend was pissed and asked how the payments were supposed to get paid. Which his dad responded with "Don't worry about it.. I'm going to pay them". Which we found out was a lie. Since he's now missed four months. (Although he did pay a few times, I think). And it was only a matter of time until his car was taken. And now that it has been.. my boyfriend can't come here in the next week like he was planning to. And he has to now figure out how he even would get here and back home if he were to ever come again. . God I seriously hate people. And broken words!
@Blondie2222 (21223)
I'm sorry this happened. Maybe your boyfriend can get a job and get a new car ? Now it's probably going to ruin his credit if the car was in his name. That is such a shame.
It was in his name.. had to be because his mom, and I think his dad have gotten repos. Can't get a job with no car. And he has been looking for a job for few months now.
@Blondie2222 (21223)
@Courtlynn bummer. Sorry his dad did that to him, hopefully he can find a way to come see you still.
@Blondie2222 hoping so. Thanks.
@Freelanzer (8287)
Parents expect their children to be responsible and then they do something like this. Very irresponsible of him.
Yup. It's annoying. Any other broken promise wouldve been easier to deal with than getting a car in someone elses name, not pay for it like promised and have it repoed.
I can't imagine why he would set up his son for a huge disappointment. That's so disheartening even if his intentions were good. He's got to be more responsible for his son's sake.
Yeah.. He's a jerk.
Why would a father do that to his own son. That is so messed up.
Exactly!! And it could've been advoided, but he kept gambling what money they did have to try and get more money instead of paying rent and bills, and getting pets supplies, gas and food with it.
I'm sorry. =( I know how frustrating broken promises can be.
Thanks! Yes they're very frustrating.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sucks . How did he come before he had the car.
He was hardly coming. Maybe once every 3 months. And only for two nights because he had to use his dads car, and that neant his mom and dad had to share his moms car and they didnt like thst. Last year, he had another car but that got repoed too, along with his moms then car because they couldnt pay them.
So sorry to hear this.
Thanks.
@moffittjc (41179)
• Gainesville, Florida
Ugh! That's horrible! And the ones that are hurt by his father's actions are you and your boyfriend. That seriously sucks! My mom used to be that way. I would remember at Christmas she would get all these fancy presents for everybody, and I would always question her about how she could afford all that stuff. She would always say, "Don't worry, I got a bonus at work," or some excuse like that. It turns out later that she was embezzling the money from her employer. So sad. Anyway, I feel really bad for you because now you won't get to see your bf for God knows how long, and that's not fair to the two of you. How far away does he live? Is taking a bus or train or cab an option?
Hes about 2 hours away. There is a bus, as i used to take it. Though i heatd it doesnt goball tgat way anymore so idk ifbit does.. But thats $60 noone has or should have to spend for him to come.
@moffittjc (41179)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn That is such a long distance for you two to be apart from each other. I hope both of you can find a way to work through this.
@moffittjc we made it through it last time his car got repoed so im sure we will. Itll just put a strain on us as well as at his home.
@Srbageldog (8203)
Why'd his dad get him a car if he didn't intend to make the payments? That is incredibly frustrating!
He did intend to.. and he paid a few but then didnt. Hes always been driving without insurance the last few months too cuz not paying it
@Courtlynn That is still incredibly frustrating for you guys. Seems like the dad's intentions were good but he wasn't responsible enough to follow through with his promise. Will your boyfriend have bad credit now?
@Srbageldog yes.. but already does from credit cards he got when they were close to poor.
@velvet53 (16122)
• Palisade, Colorado
I would be angry too if that happened to me. What kind of man is his father to do this to him? If the two of you work together maybe you will figure out a way to get your boyfriend a car. I am so sorry that this has happened.
He wont have a car for a VERY long time now.
@velvet53 (16122)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Courtlynn That is terrible. Does he live with his parents?
@velvet53 yes he des.
@poehere (17720)
• French Polynesia
This is so sad and it is horrible that his dad did this to him. Sorry for you anger and pain you are feeling now. I don't think this is your boyfriend's fault. He could of made his dad take back the car when he first bought it and gave it to him. I hope you can work this out and find a way to meet up.
No he couldnt have returned it. It was going through a bank or something.
@poehere (17720)
• French Polynesia
@Courtlynn This is a shame. I don't know why parent's do this to their kids. I would never go out and buy a car on credit, give it to my daughter, and then tell her to pay for it. If I bought her a car I would make sure I could pay for it and not expect her to do this unless she asked me to help her.
@poehere he didnt tell my bf to pay for it. He said he was going to.
@sishy7 (27667)
Very irresponsible dad your boyfriend has... That's frustrating!
Yes. Hes only been this way for the last 1-2 years though
@sishy7 (27667)
@Courtlynn I hope he's back to his old responsible self soon...
@sishy7 highly unlikely.. he doesnt think hes done wrong
@Tina30219 (32777)
• Onaway, Michigan
So sorry this happen I hope something is figured out so he can come see you and also make it back home. If his father knew there was no money why did he go and get your boyfriend a car.
Because they did have some money.. it would've been a struggle to pay for a 3rd car but also would've been manageable. His dad just screwed up by gambling to try getting more money instead of paying bills and what not with what they had.
@Tina30219 (32777)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Ah that sucks. He shiould have paid the bills .
@Tina30219 well yeah duh but he didnt so now they're screwed all over not just with the car taken
@YesWay (3452)
How disappointing. You have every right to be furious
I know but wish we weren't having to be.
@YesWay (3452)
@Courtlynn I can imagine x
Well that sounds completely dysfunctional. His parents sound strange. I can see why you are both angry though. That was a really dumb thing for his dad to do.
Dysfunctional and strange, how? Lol. Messed up, yes but I don't think it's dysfunctional or they're strange.
@Lucky15 (33429)
Sigh, hoping that despite having doubts of his father paying it, he really will
Um.. did you read the post? Says he didn't pay it. Not that we had doubts.