I Broke It while Repairing it!

@franxav (4065)
That's how foolishly I broke my pair of spectacles. Some of the screws on the frame had gone loose. I was trying to tighten them but while I was doing it I bent the frame too hard and it snapped! I need spects only to read. I don't have to stop reading or writing. I have a "use-n-throw" Chinese pair which works fine for me! Opticians and ophthalmologists discourage them but I find them good enough to fall back on. Have you ever tried them?
@YesWay (3454)
No, I have never heard of these. I should get some as if I lose or break my glasses I would really be in trouble.
@franxav (4065)
They come ready made. They are sold in optical shops. You have to wear them and find which one suits you the best.
@YesWay (3454)
@franxav They sound like good to keep as a back up pair
@YrNemo (9320)
Quite a few of my acquaintances use them. Those glasses are quite OK for them.
@franxav (4065)
I find them OK too, only I don't find them large enough for me.
@YrNemo (9320)
@franxav (some designer glasses these days, are small like that, and some people really like them .)
@jobelbojel (5958)
I haven't heard about that. I hope you can get a new specs. I need a new one to replace mine. But it was costly.
@franxav (4065)
New spects will be costly. Hopefully, I'll get them in a month.
@franxav I am hoping too. Good luck to both of us.
I've used them before and found them very helpful. I sometimes wonder if I should just use them and not bother with the expensive ones.
@franxav (4065)
I have seen some of my friend use them always. Those glasses look too small for my face.
@singhisback (2186)
• Jalandhar, India
Nice to know about them. How much they cost you.
@franxav (4065)
Compared to the ordered spects, they are quite cheap. In our neighborhood we get them for 80 rupees a piece.
• Jalandhar, India
@franxav that's pretty cheap
@ilocosboy (34393)
This has been me, ymteying to fix something like electric fan, tv, or even the mobile phone but instead breaking it worse
@franxav (4065)
I am not the only one. That gives me some consolation.
Are those like cheaters you use?
@franxav (4065)
Probably. Cheaters mean different things at our place. What are they exactly for you?
@kepweng (7382)
i have a reading glass that feel down its broke but the shop that i bought the glass dont want to replaced new
@franxav (4065)
What a shame. Those shopkeepers are rather unhelpful here also.