Lazy People: Do They Have The Right To Eat?

@mandala100 (50449)
Hong Kong
There are able-bodied people who are really lazy and don't want to work at all. Worst, they are even burden to others. While there are people who has physical disability yet they are working in order to survive in life. Do you agree in the above quotation that if anyone would not work, he or she should not eat? Why are there lazy people? What are the causes of laziness? Photo credit: crosscards.com
@m_audrey6788 (15223)
Hmmm..There are people who are not at work because of some other reasons but not because they are lazy
@mandala100 (50449)
@m_audrey6788 We are talking here in the post/discussion of those who are physically able to work but are too lazy to look for a job and work. We are not talking here about those people who have physical or medical condition which cannot really work which is again understandable my friend.
@mandala100 ..What I`m trying to tell you are those people who got out of jobs and was not able to get a new one because had been ruined its reputation by those previous companies and no matter what that person do "He is ruined"
@mandala100 (50449)
@m_audrey6788 I understand you on that my friend and those example you mentioned is not the focus of the post/discussion but those who are really lazy to find a job and don't really want to work my friend. There's a big difference between the two.
@sol_cee (17346)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Because there are kind people who are willing to feed them. ;)
@mandala100 (50449)
@sol_cee I wish that I could be lazy myself so that there will be kind people who are willing to feed me my friend.
@sol_cee (17346)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@mandala100 You really don't want that. And my name isn't asol. Sounds like ash hole. ;)
@mandala100 (50449)
@sol_cee A typographical error my friend and no offense intended. I already rectify the typographical error. Apology my friend.
The only problem with quoting Bible verses is I've never found anyone that follows everything the Bible says. Having said that, people that could work and support themselves, but don't, piss me off.
@mandala100 (50449)
@JolietJake No mere mortal can follow everything that is written in the Holy Scriptures my friend, otherwise, you'll become a god yourself. It piss me off too those lazy people who can work but don't want to work but serve as a burden to other people and to society my friend.
@vandana7 (67645)
Thank god you think like me in some aspects..
@alberello75 (18666)
• Genova, Italy
My brother, is an obvious case for an extremely lazy person! The aggravating factor is that he, in addition to not wanting to work, also has economic claims! This is awful! If there was a rally regime "Communist", it is worth saying "who does not work, should not eat"
@mandala100 (50449)
@alberello75 You mean to say my friend that your brother really choose not to work he is receiving welfare benefits from the government my friend? How are you doing today my friend?
@alberello75 (18666)
• Genova, Italy
@mandala100 Social Benefit, my brother receives it from my mother! But he is still not interested in working. The problem, he is now 31. These days, I have not been very good. I did not even have the chance to talk to my doctor on Wednesday. The whole postponed to next Monday! Classic Italian bureaucracy!
@vandana7 (67645)
That is terrible. I sure can understand how bad that must be.
It seems that the verses of Bible are very little followed. Many rich kids do not work, they eat even better than the others and they give work to poor people. So there is finally a compensation.
@topffer (36063)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
The Antiquity was considering work like a debasement for a free man. Paul himself spent the first part of his life to learn the Torah with a rabbi. He had an interesting work for somebody needing to move often after his conversion to avoid to be whipped too often : he was building tents.
@topffer This is true.
@mandala100 (50449)
@LadyLuck Thank you for your observation my friend.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Not everyone can be hardworking. Some people are lazy because they haven't felt the need to work
@mandala100 (50449)
@mildredtabitha I wonder why they haven't felt the need to work my friend?
• Nairobi, Kenya
@mandala100 maybe because they are not convinced that working is important :)
@mandala100 (50449)
@mildredtabitha I get your point my friend.
@tzwrites (4954)
I think everyone should have the right to eat but laziness should not be encouraged generally.
@mandala100 (50449)
@tzwrites You are write my friend laziness should not be encouraged for those who are able to work but choose not to work at all.
@responsiveme (16816)
They get money for nothing
@mandala100 (50449)
@responsivime You are right my friend. I rather admire the guy in the above picture rather than lazy people those people who are capable of working but choosing not to work.
@vandana7 (67645)
@mandala100 Aw..so bad...there are army veterans like that. Maimed for life...while doing duty. They work unlike these people who sit at home imagine things and make others miserable. My maid has a grown up son. I tell her not to feed him. She feels she would be less of a mother if she did not. He is what nearing 40 now. He drinks, mentally abuses her. She worries about her future, and he feels nothing about it. Honestly, she should have stopped having kids after two (had totally 4 children), but she is uneducated, and surrounded by uneducated folks, so forgiven to an extent (though I doubt if Sita our goddess was educated). Last year I came across an educated guy living off his wife, and he had a child so he wanted me to adopt him. He was 42 years old, and had health issues but was normal when I saw him. I was nasty naturally because he had not worked a single year since he married. And now he wanted better life so I was to become his victim, earning for him and his family because wife was asking him to work. Sigh..I was nasty. I can understand people who are having tough time to find a job. I cannot understand people who have serious ailment going ahead and marrying and then having kids and then realizing that it all beyond their pockets so forcing themselves and their families on others. That is nonsense.
@mandala100 (50449)
@vandana7 Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter my friend.
@Blondie2222 (22578)
Lazy people bother me they get social services and think their better than anyone else. I have a disability and I'm still working full time and have since 2004. I have my own car and support myself. I don't get why people don't work when they are capable of working. I could go on forever here but I won't lol.
@mandala100 (50449)
@Blondie2222 I take my hat off and salute you my friend. I regret that most people don't read enough the content of the post/discussion. By lazy people I mean those people who are capable of working but choosing not to work
@vandana7 (67645)
I feel the same way.
@Blondie2222 (22578)
@mandala100 Right i hope i replied right i read the whole post lol. I still get angry on this topic though lol
@SHOHANA (7167)
• Bangladesh
Eating of every animal decide by Almighty so we can't decide who can eat or who can't. Lazy people are not always lazy! before or after they must do work to survive I think
@mandala100 (50449)
@SHOHANA Thank you for your comment my friend.
@vandana7 (67645)
It does not always work that way. Lazy people often take from others, borrow or steal, or even physically or mentally abuse others. Most drunkards, gamblers, idlers are lazy ones. I think people should have children only if they can afford time to bring them up well, as useful citizens of the country, as otherwise, we will all have lazy ones increasing crime index. Yeah, it is the lazy ones who keep imagining things and plan rapes and murders. Those who are busy too may do it, but rarely.
@mandala100 (50449)
@vandana7 Thank you for your observation and thoughts my friend.
@ilocosboy (37277)
They can eat as long there someone to give them food. Or they sit down in the street roads and become a beggar.
@mandala100 (50449)
@ilocosboy Thank you for your comment my friend.
@vandana7 (67645)
So obviously giving food is wrong.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ilocosboy , That attitude of laziness is from the brain.
@resukill22 (4857)
There are peple who not able to work because of some important matterr.
@mandala100 (50449)
@resukill22 And what are those important matter my friend?
@mandala100 like they need to taking care of there parents. Because I have a friend who not able to work because of that
@mandala100 (50449)
@resukill22 That's not what we are talking about in the post/discussion my friend. We are talking about lazy people choosing not to work at all. Thank you.
@vsai2008 (9857)
If the people who are providing them are loaded, then lazy people can do what they want, it is their life The providers should keep them in check
@mandala100 (50449)
@vsaia2008 I agree with you my friend.
@vandana7 (67645)
I disagree. Remember in our own scriptures? Bharat crowning Bhumanyu? The point is, if the person has wealth, he needs to provide for self, spouse, parents, and children only. Siblings are not his or her duty, nor are grandchildren. How many children can I have or should I have is to be decided by the parent. His own children have to decide how many they can provide for based on their earnings and the situation they are living in. Anything more than that needs to be re-deployed by creating work or spending away on right things.
King Bharatha looked around wondering what to do… He was in the main court hall…the mighty throne which was in the middle of the cou...
@vsai2008 (9857)
@mandala100 @vandana7 Well, it's their life, as long as they are not doing anything illegal, it is fine by me. We cant speak for everyone and their situation :)
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
All people should have food to eat, but lazy people should only have the basics, no special foods.
@mandala100 (50449)
@LeapPea2417 Who will give lazy people those people who are capable of working but choosing not to work the food to eat my friend? Thank you.
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@mandala100 The welfare system in our Country gives Food Stamps to those who really are destitute and need it, but the Food Stamp system has been abused due to lazy people lying saying they can't work when they really can, who get the Food Stamps. There really needs to be a way to correct this. Only the people who really need Food Stamps should get them.
@mandala100 (50449)
@LeaPea2417 Very well said my friend and you are absolutely correct. There is a BIG DIFFERENCES between DESTITUTE AND NEEDY PEOPLE and LAZY PEOPLE and those lazy people indeed exploited and abused the Welfare System which is not really fair for the tax payers especially those who are working who consciously paid their taxes to the government. I have known so many lazy people doing this and shameless to exploit the welfare system. And my wife has even 2 jobs paying huge amount of taxes? Where is fairness there my friend? Thank you.
@thelme55 (15059)
I agree to that. Those who are healthy but don't like to work even if the work will come to them, should be ashamed to eat from the people who are working though hard to be able to live.
@mandala100 (50449)
@thelme55 That's right my friend but somelazy people have no shame at all eating something not from the sweat of one's brows my friend.
@thelme55 (15059)
@mandala100 I agree. Some are just shameless
@mandala100 (50449)
@thelme55 That's right and abusing and exploting the welfare system even though they are physically capable of working but choosing not to work at all my friend.
• Mombasa, Kenya
The Bible has the answer, if you don't work, you should not eat. Simple!
@mandala100 (50449)
@joanwala You are correct my friend as also expounded by @sitbong76.
@joanwanjala ..Nope! It`s not simple ..Try analyzing and base it with your own point of view then give a much better answer (Just helping out here)
@m_audrey6788 The above chapter and verses is self-explanatory if you care to read it please?
@vandana7 (67645)
I hate idlers. We have a family full of those. They resort to wrong things. My cousin is a lazy man. He beat me and took away my monies. His father was a drunkard, he beat my father and took away monies. My father's brother in law was a gambler. His wife cleverly embezzled my father's and mother's inheritance. Some work must be done. Mandatory. My father works at this age. He is 83. He may not earn the standard way, but he pulls his weight by going and collecting rents, or getting the repairs done.
@mandala100 (50449)
@vandana7 Thank you for your thoughts my friend and for sharing your actual experienced about people who lazy or idlers.
@gnatsmom (1235)
The thing we must remember when interpreting Scripture is that every word in the Bible was written for a specific people at a specific time for a specific purpose. This does not mean that it is not relevant for today. It is very relevant; it just must be interpreted in light of its original intent. So here are some considerations for this passage (II Thessalonians 3:10): 1. The recipients are Christians (members of the church in Thessalonica). 2. The recipients are trouble makers, busybodies, and disorderly. 3. The apostle Paul had been admonishing the church to refrain from slothfulness, idleness, and disorderly conduct. 4. Paul was commanding these trouble makers to abandon their current activities and attitudes and embrace something more constructive-work. 5. Paul made mention of the fact that he and other apostles had set the example of working gladly. 6. The recipients in the text were wanting charity from the church. 7. The phrase "he shall not eat" did not mean "let him leave off eating". It means " let him not be fed". To summarize: This passage is written to Christians. They are engaging in behavior prohibited by Scripture. They are choosing not to work when they are perfectly able, so Paul is telling them they have no right to ask for charity from the church. Charitable resources were specifically set aside for widows, orphans, and disabled. These same guidelines are applicable for Christians today. Now that begs the question, what about the unsaved who are freeloaders and moochers? That is for another discussion.
@mandala100 (50449)
@gnatsmom Thank you my friend for your exposition about the passages. That's a good question within the meaning of your explanation. Does the passages applies to "non-Christian" or stated otherwise, if it does not apply, does it follow that laziness is encouraged among lazy people meaning those people who are capable of working but choosing not to work?
@mandala The complete Chapter and Verses of the New Testament is 2 Thessalonicans 3:10-12 as clearly stated in the picture. It is very clear that what St. Paul is talking about is idle or busybodies and those people are being commanded and urged to: 1. to settle down and 2. earn the bread they eat
@mandala100 (50449)
@sitbong76 That's precisely what I'm trying to point out my friend: those who are physically able to work but are too lazy to look for a job and work. And the the word earn the bread they eat is very obvious and self-explanatory.
@kepweng (18583)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i feel lazy to sometimes but i have a couple of friends doing what you mention
@mandala100 (50449)
@kepweng I wonder how they could survive in life my friend?