Ice cream man at 12:30pm?

The local school district is closed today so all of the kids in public schools are home. The ice cream truck decided to try to capitalize on one of his last few opportunities for making some money and drive through the neighborhood. . . just after noon on a Thursday. Is it just me or does that seem absurdly early? This isn't 4th of July weekend at the beach where kids are on vacation. Why would parents want their children eating ice cream at this hour? I wonder if he actually made any money on his early sweep through town.
Hmm I seem to recall ice cream guys around here as late as 3PM Chicaa.
They normally come through around 5-6pm.
@NJChicaa Oh I see Chicaa.
The kids are off of school today here too. I guess the ice cream man is trying to bank in on it - I imagine their "field" is not doing so hot these days (expensive ice cream!). I try to teach my kids to be frugal . . . they can get a better yield out of buying a tub of ice cream rather than getting those novelty ones from the ice cream man. Surely there are parents who would buy it from the truck . . . but I wouldn't - and not at that time.
The kids around here so buy from him during the summer when he comes around dinner time. Noon on a Thursday is just strange
When it comes to kids they can eat ice cream any time of the day but yes, it does seem a bit early for him to be driving through the neighborhood
If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my kids go out to him.
Well you have to give him credit for trying.
That's true. I do.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The ice cream man doesn't come this far out
I wish he didn't come around here. The music drives me nuts. I'm always afraid my parrot is going to start doing it
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@NJChicaa haha that would be bad. How is the parrot?
@thislittlepennyearns she's good. She heard my husband on the phone this morning and she kept saying "okay...okay...okay"
I am sure some parents are lax about what their kids eat. I dont have kids so I guess I dont know when the right time for ice cream would be!
pretty sure that noon isn't the appropriate time for it.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
It's always the right time for ice cream. Seems like places I used to live it was three or so.
Maybe on a weekend
Some parents allow their children to eat whatever they want at any time.
Idiots