Have you encountered a member who shows off that they're smart and intelligent?

By Bhem
@JustBhem (30202)
Davao, Philippines
For a year and half of actively being here, I've encounter different kind of personality. And one thing I really don't want to blend is the serious and the astute ones. But there are people who are smart and they all have a sense of humor. There are also members who are smart yet very kind. Since I am active, I dig those members who are pretty kind to tell you their honest opinion without hurting your feelings. I encountered one and I kinda like her now. Simply guys, if you don't like the discussion. Just simply walk out of that post and move on. And also, if you want to say something serious, hit the message button and talk to that person rather being a smart ass. Being smart is not a thing to boast. If you know anything, then share it with us. It won't hurt us. Unlike showing people how smart and intelligent are your words but you are hitting below the belt. And I think we are all amateurs here not a Pro.
@poehere (17756)
• French Polynesia
I personally don't think that boasting about how smart you are makes you so smart. I don't consider anyone stupid by all means. Some people know so many different things and they are genuine people. You can talk with them and learn from them. While others think they know something and they want the world to know this. I don't like people like this at all and I stay away from them. I don't consider myself smart, but others have told me that I am. I guess it is all about how you look at things and how you use the knowledge you have acquired during your life that makes you who you are.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
I guess it is all about how you look at things and how you use the knowledge you have acquired during your life that makes you who you are. -- This is so true. Like what I said, if they know something and it's a fact, then tell them in a nice way. They need not to play the smart kid know it all.
@Ganma7 (2653)
@JustBhem I agree totally
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Ganma7 Thanks.
Is someone starting trouble with you here Bhem?
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Nope. I am too lazy to deal with people like that but someone on her discussion. I also notice him being so proud and arrogant.
@JustBhem Oh I see Bhem..yes good we can choose not to interact here.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@TiarasOceanView Yes, and I know he is something and trying to make a name here.
@thelme55 (13652)
Very well said. I have observed those kind of Mylotters, too.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Oh yes, there are many now.
@thelme55 (13652)
@JustBhem so true.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 The ones that are not afraid of anything whether it's hurting somebody already with their vulgar words.
@kobesbuddy (35945)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Very well said, Bhem! Hurting other people is never a means, to help someone else:( Kindness can overcome any obstacle, no matter how high it has become!
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
And besides, we are here to discuss things and we are not here to boast your ideas and make a way of hurting feelings. We can state our opinions freely.
@kobesbuddy (35945)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JustBhem Our opinions are valuable, whether they are one way or the other! Boasting is wrong, it says that one person is better than the other and it's not the truth!:(
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@kobesbuddy I wonder what's on their head to feel like that as if they own the world or something.
@vandana7 (61010)
I think everybody is smart in some fields, and not so smart in another field. So yes, showing off is bad. Most people who show off KNOW they lack somewhere. So the need to show off arises to hide what they lack in.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I consider myself pretty smart, but I have areas in which my knowledge base is way lacking.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JustBhem I generally see cutting someone else down as a sign of weakness. Or sadness.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@TheHorse You think so? Hmm.. Now it makes sense. Thanks.
@antonbunot (9511)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, I met one here. Always contradicting what I post. But I just ignore her.
I HAD one of those, she blocked me. LOL thank God!
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@andriaperry Hahaha. And that is worst.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Oh, I thought I am the only one having an issue with them. Looks like I am not alone.
@iridion9 (4875)
There are many levels of intelligence. Some are good in language. Some are good in math. Some are good in memory. Some are good in spiritual. Some are prodigy. Some are savanth. Some has flashes of intuition (The highest level) Which smart you are referring?
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
The know it all kind of smart.
@iridion9 (4875)
@JustBhem There is no ONE man in this planet know it all? Only GOD can do that.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@iridion9 I believe that but there are people like that now.
@Lucky15 (33450)
Most of the time, i jump into those discussion that has sense of humor :)
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Same here with me sometimes.
@Lucky15 (33450)
@JustBhem and i know those who has been nice :)
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Lucky15 Me too, and you are one of them, sis.
@nomus24g (20241)
yes, there are so many of them I come across corporate life...
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
And what can you say about them?
@nomus24g (20241)
@JustBhem I ignore them, unless they interfere in my area I dont get bothered anyway...
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@nomus24g And I like you, you have a broad knowledge of everything and you always share it with us.
@acelawrites (10910)
Noticed that too! So I avoid such person.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Thank God, I am not alone. Yeah. I'm starting to avoid them.
@Platespinner (16791)
That's the beauty of MyLot, we don't HAVE to comment or respond to comments. There are a few people that I prefer to ignore.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Same here. As much as possible I tend to avoid people with complicated thoughts.
@JustBhem I don't mind complicated thoughts. I do, however, have a problem with people who refuse to acknowledge that there are other ways of looking at a problem and that we shouldn't judge people when we don't know the whole story.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Platespinner I understand you at all. But they should not be like that. There are ways to supply someone some information without being too intelligent that makes someone feel stupid.
Well said. Hope you are good today
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks. It's 1:57 am here and I'm still wide awake.
@JustBhem yikes. When do you usually go to bed
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Courtlynn Sometimes very late.
@ridingbet (43583)
oh yes, hija. i have encountered about more than 5 of them. they show off with their comments, as if they know it all. they think we need their pieces of advice when the fact of the matter is, we are just sharing our lives or activities. no, i won't block them but i am having an eye on those who interact rudely on me and the other users as well.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
I know right? Yes, me too. I am still following them. And guess what, it not just us. Other members too.
@ridingbet (43583)
@JustBhem i don't follow them but if i do, i still check on them when they interact with me first.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet I follow them but sometimes I don't interact with them.
@KrauseHome (34671)
Very good advice that many could learn from. Discussions that I totally disagree with, or feel I cannot share a Good answer with I end up leaving alone for responding back too. Just of better interest.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
It is to just leave the post instead of commenting and contradicting the post of the writer. I mean, common' we all have a different perspective here and we should respect each opinion.
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
Is a bit like real life you meet some who are one way and some who are another. But herr everybody can gey on which is nice. Nobody has to read a post and they can delete an answer they don't like. Because of that everybody should be happy and it's great to have all these differences. While there is a meann kind of person who enjoys upsetting people, I sometimes don't think people are deliberately mean but have got a very odd way of putting things so we have to make allowances.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
If that person thinks it is a nice thing to start a discussion, they should tell the one who posted it in a private conversation then. Or rather, ignore and find something else to discuss.
@anorona (214)
Love it. I can't find the love button, mylot should put a love button here. haha very well said my dear.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks. Have a good one.
@singhisback (2180)
• Jalandhar, India
That's right, I hope i am doing fine. I don't like to give trouble to anyone
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
You are okay my friend. Nothing to worry about.
• Jalandhar, India
@JustBhem thanks. Enjoy your weekend
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@singhisback Same to you.
@Akatheu (419)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sure my friend,I support you, I'd someone doesn't like other person's post they should should walk away.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, they should simply walk away and keep their words some more private or make another discussion about that.
@Akatheu (419)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@JustBhem sometimes I even fear to post...!!!
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Akatheu I also have that moment, like the reactions of others and what if I get an insult.
There is one that I think of but that was with the old myLot - the person is no longer here. I realize this person had some knowledge about a particular topic, but she did not know all sides of my particular situation. Still she jumped down my throat and I didn't appreciate that at all. Book smart does not necessarily mean a person is street smart.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
Exactly! If you they want to be part of the discussion at least enlighten us and don't make us like we are stupid enough.
@JustBhem Guess what happened in the end with this person . . . she actually said I could thank her for giving her this knowledge . . . I mean seriously, what nerve .
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@much2say Really? I wonder who is she.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I enjoy writers who are smart and funny. I can think of one who can be pretty critical, but she has a subtle and enjoyable sense of humor as well. Some people may go too far in showing off their wealth, or smarts, or even kindness, but I try not to let it bother me. We're all human and therefore flawed. That (being flawed) is actually a part of our beauty, I think.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
But being boastful is not a good attitude. You don't need to say anything if you meant of cutting down people or make them stupid. If you think you are smart then use it say something in a nice way. Yes, we are all flawed but we are not stupid enough to consider such action. If you are here long enough and you think you know the rounds here then there is no need to act as if you are a member of the administration.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JustBhem Well, some old-timers have a lot of knowledge about MyLot itself. I don't mind if they help me out, so long as I asked for it.
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@TheHorse Me too, because it will give us knowledge though.