Do You Agree Or Disagree That 1+1=2 Or 6x6=36?

@mandala100 (43436)
Hong Kong
Is number really an exact science? I often heard people say that numbers or mathematics or any subject that have numbers like algebra, trigonometry, geometry et cetera is an exact science or that there is precision in numbers. That we can discuss all day long and all year long that 1+1 will always be 2 and that 6x6 will always be 36. No arguments, no dispute and end of the story. But when it comes to "word" or "language" there are various meaning and interpretation or in other words human words or language is not an exact science and sometimes instead of becoming a medium for understanding it becomes a barrier to human understanding. Which lead me to ask: What's the difference between numbers and languages in terms of human understanding or human agreement or human knowledge? Why is the answer to 1+1 is always 2 not 3 or 5 or that the answer to 6x6 is always 36 and not 37 or 40? Photo credit: math.tutorvista.com
@crossbones27 (19579)
• Redlands, California
I am not sure, I bet there is fluctuations with numbers, but probably would be really complicated to figure it out. More than my mind could comprehend.
@mandala100 (43436)
@crossbones Me too my friend.
@YrNemo (12657)
I was told as a child, that 1+ 1 does not always equal 2. As in the case of 1 drop of water + 1 drop of water = a bigger drop of water .
@mandala100 (43436)
@YrNemo That's with respect to drop of water my friend and thank you for your comment.