Friday Morning

Good Friday to you! Today we officially usher in the season of autumn in our region. It will arrive this afternoon at 4:02 pm. But, it is feeling like late July or early August. We have had such gloriously warm weather-some days too hot to be called glorious. This weekend our plans are still up in the air. I'd love to take a drive along Lake Erie and my husband suggested that if I did up some shish-ka-bobs we could have a nice little picnic somewhere along the way. The weather forecast indicates that next weekend will not be as hot, so we may as well take advantage of the great weather. Hopefully they won't need him to work tomorrow and we can escape for the day. What are your plans for the weekend? ~photo is mine of a sunrise taken from our backyard
I hope whatever you decide to do that it will be wonderful. =) We will be moving our stuff into our new house this weekend!!
I just read your post, that is SO wonderful-I'm so happy for you all! Good things come to those that wait, and you've proven that yet again. I hope that everything goes smoothly with the transition of moving items from their current location to their new one. I know that you'll all love the space, it sounds like nice.
@Juliaacv Thank you so much!! We do love it very much already. The kids have their rooms picked out and slept in them last night. Lol. So happy and grateful. =)
@LovingMyBabies I'm so happy for you all! I know that with everyone pitching in, and the youngest sleeping, you will get everything done and put away.
@m_audrey6788 (15331)
Good Morning! Very nice weather there! Happy weekend!
Thank you, and a good morning to you as well. Enjoy the weekend!
@Juliaacv ..Thank you my friend..
@m_audrey6788 You're welcome!
@vsai2008 (9857)
My day was routine but good, I don't have any plans for weekend yet :)
I hope that you have a restful and relaxing weekend.
@vsai2008 (9857)
@Juliaacv Thank you, same to you :)
@fly802 (1514)
I would like to spend my weekend by sleeping & watching movies.
I hope that you are able to rest and relax this weekend.
that is great there Lake Erie and shish ka bobs yes do it.I love picnic.Wish I could join you and taste one of those.
You and Mike can meet us-lol I cube up steak, and put some mushrooms and red onion on the sticks. I will pick up some roasted baby potatoes from the deli nearby and warm those up in a tin pan on the grill, and I'll have to find something sweet to end the meal with.
@aureliah (18591)
• Kenya
A beautiful morning it was
That's a great sunrise. Going to be warm here too today. Sounds like a good plan to drive along Lake Erie and have a picnic lunch. I wouldn't mind taking a ride this weekend as well. I've been thinking about it for some time. Maybe I will. Other than that my plans are to get some writing done.
Thank you, that view was from our old home we had in the country. I miss that view and watching summer storms roll in from the back yard. Tomorrow we're taking our picnic, my husband printed off driving directions as its over an hour's drive away. Its always better on the lake.
@Juliaacv I agree. A picnic on the lake is always refreshing.
@just4him Oh Valerie, it was so relaxing. And it just takes us back decades, we used to love to do go on picnics when we were dating.
We have a way-too hot day today. I am looking forward to the cooler days ahead. I do hope you can escape for the day. Weekend will be too hot to enjoy the outdoors here.
We are planning a little escape, a nice leisurely drive and a picnic.
@YrNemo (14719)
A very beautiful photo. My weekend? grocery shopping, gardening, visiting relatives etc.
I took that picture from our backyard at our old home. We lived there for 20+ years. It was out in the country. Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like you'll be busy.
It's very hot here right now and the weekend is supposed to be that way too. We will be not doing a lot.
I know, the forecast for here is very hot with a feels like value of almost 40C.
A picnic and a drive along Lake Erie sounds wonderful so I hope you get to do it. We still have hot weather here so its hard to believe its Autumn today. Beautiful sunrise
I know, its hot here too. But I fear that this may be the last hot weekend of the year, so I want to make the very most of it by going for a nice drive and a picnic. The area that we're going to is beautiful and its been a few years since we've been there. Its nice not having a pet or any children to rush home to, we can take as long as we want tomorrow.
@JESSY3236 (7295)
I need to get my ID renewed and my mother needs to get her driver license changed over to my address. Also I hope to go a Chinese Festival this weekend.
You can do your license changes on a weekend, that is convenient. Have fun at the Chinese Festival, it sounds like you'll eat well!