A New Personal Rule

Picture of a beverage
We drove to Wichita to do some shopping last night. Hubby wanted a tool to use today and wanted the whole day to use it. While in Wichita we also stopped at Sam's Club. No point in wasting gas on just one store. At the check out we bought drink cups. Hubby gets thirsty when he drives. I wanted something with no sugar in it. I did not want tea as it keeps me awake big time. So I got a Yummy Pomegranate Sobe Life Water. It sounded decent. No calories. Vitamin enhanced with B vitamins and E. My mistake. B vitamins energize you. They are particularly prone to keeping me awake. I was in bed late,and lay awake a while now I am up way too early for a day off. My new personal rule says not to drink anything enhanced with B vitamins at night. Or with Ginseng, Or guarana. I need my sleep.
I have problems if I drink tea, but never had problems taking by B vitamin supplements in the afternoon. I only drink sparkling water, with a zest of lemon, because I like the taste.
Many places sparkling water is available and that is my choice. It was not available there. I tend to take a B vitamin in the morning.
@GardenGerty The morning on an empty stomach, should be the best time to take B supplements.
@LadyDuck That is when I take them as a supplement.
Oh shoot that stuff will keep you awake for sure Heather.
Oh, it did. Yay--not!
@BarBaraPrz (20719)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
The only thing that keeps me up at night is when the old tapes start going round and round in my head... I usually have a cup of tea just before bed. The only effect it has on me is I have to get up halfway through the night to pee.
I can drink a cup of coffee at bed time and have no problem. In fact it prevents morning headaches.
@BarBaraPrz (20719)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty Sometimes, I think it's psychological when people say it will keep them awake if they drink it after a certain time of the day.
@BarBaraPrz I agree with that, I drank some coffee the other day, at about 11 am, after only drinking tea for a while, and then I couldn't sleep that night because I knew I'd had that coffee in the morning
I am sorry it was not the right drink for your husband.
It was a problem for me, as I drank it and it kept me awake very late.
@GardenGerty That is not good Heather.
Hope you stick to your new rule. I stay away from soda and energy drinks when it is close to bedtime.
I did not think of this as an energy drink, but you are right, it has some of the same stuff as energy drinks.
@GardenGerty anything that will give a boost of energy, I stay away from when it is closer to bedtime.
@YesWay (3447)
Oh no! I hate not being able to sleep
At least today is a day off and I actually have a long weekend.
@YesWay (3447)
@GardenGerty That is good as you can then have a little afternoon nap if you need to
@singhisback (2147)
• Jalandhar, India
Yeah Pomegranate is very good and effective
I think pure juice would have been okay.
• Jalandhar, India
@GardenGerty yeah it would be great
@spiderdust (7186)
• San Jose, California
Oh, especially guarana -- that contains caffeine! Sounds like B vitamins would be great for you in the morning.
That is part of my regular list of supplements, for morning. I put them in the morning because they kept me awake, of course. I should have known better than to buy this drink.
I like those waters too. I took a nap and it messed up my sleep pattern
Our sleep patterns seem to get so touchy, but that is why I do not nap.
@ilocosboy (37211)
The only known culprit why I can't sleep at night is when I drink a cup of hot coffee.
One cup is usually not a problem for me. This was a large drink so I avoided caffeine, but still ended up with lack of sleep.
I do remember that the B vitamins are supposed to give people more energy.
They do that for me, often. Usually only if I take the entire B complex. B6 and/0r B 12 are not problems for me..
• Peoria, Arizona
I love sobe so much and pomegrante is the best one. But yes, I treat drinks like that like soda, never drink passed 8pm. I normally just drink water haha even though I have insomnia anyway, shouldn't encourage it.
I am learning my lesson. I try not to do pop at all.
• Japan
I understand that, because I can't drink anything with caffeine after noon or I'm awake most of the night. Thanks for the advice about the other things.
We live and learn. I have a headache today, but still have energy.
I take vitamin B12 since B12 is the nutrient that comes only from meat. I do not eat meat or fish, but glad I take that B12 early in the morning or I would be awake too.
Sounds like a good rule.