Good News

Green Bay, Wisconsin
In a world gone crazy with healthcare bills that won't work for most of the country, North Korea making threats to destroy the US by detonating a Hydrogen bomb in the Pacific, there is some good news. As I was scrolling through the news stories this morning, I found two amid all the crime, sports, and political stories that abound. First is the story out of Massachusetts about a library book that was returned. A person cleaning out their basement found the book titled A Young Woman at Home by Arthur, the book had a due date of November 21, 1938. The library is happy to have it back even though it is in very bad condition, and will not be put back into circulation due to its condition. The library also said they are not going to assess any late charges which would amount to $2800. They are just happy to have the book returned to them. Second is a story out of Tennessee about a young woman who desperately needed a kidney transplant. A woman with stage four kidney disease and a two-year-old daughter worried that she would not live long enough to see her grow up, graduate from high school, college, or get married. Now that privilege has been given to her by a woman with five daughters. They met at church, and the woman with five daughters felt it was only right to do what she could for the woman and was tested to find out if she was a match and she was. The woman who needed the kidney was so grateful, she sat on the sidewalk and cried when she learned the wonderful news that her life would be given back to her and she would see her daughter grow up. The two women are currently recovering from surgery and both are feeling wonderful. The woman needing the new kidney can feel life returning to her. Everyone needs good news in a world gone crazy, both with natural disasters and the traditional bad news you see and hear every day. I'm going to try to find stories everyday that bring hope and show the positive side of life and people. Thank you for reading. Image courtesy of Google Images
@TheSojourner (17448)
Both are touching stories! We all need to read these from time to time! Thank you for sharing.
You're welcome. I plan on doing more of them. I just need to be able to find them.
@just4him I have not signed up for the digital box that I can get from my cable company yet. I haven't seen television in a month
@CoralLevang I would go nuts not seeing TV in a month. I know I spend the majority of my time on the computer, but I also like some diversion.
I do love good news. I actively seek it out.
So do I. It beats what the rest of the news is saying.
@singhisback (2174)
• Jalandhar, India
Nice to know about that. Thanks for the information
You're welcome.
Nice to hear something good for a change. There is so little good happening now people need to know all is not bleak.
Yes they do, which is why I started this series.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow that's pretty awesome we all could use some good news just to escape all the nonsense we face every day of the week act's of kindness is hard to find these days times have changed.
I thought it was too. This is the first in the series.
All the bad day in and day out is why I limit listening to the news. There really are not many GOOD news stories.
No, but I found at least two good ones.
Two very good stories indeed. We can find good people doing good things.
Yes we can. We just need to look for it.
Thanks for sharing some good news. We are all desperately in need of good news these days.
Yes we are, and I thought those would be a good way to start this new discussion.
My nephew has had 2 donated kidneys. Both were from young people whose lives ended too soon. Their parents donated their organs to those who needed them.
I'm glad your nephew was able to receive them. Awesome. I'm sorry that the donations came from young people whose lives ended too soon.
@just4him years ago my youngest son was considering donating one of his kidneys to him. For some reason it didn't happen. He was diagnosed with a tumor in one of his kidneys about 3 years ago. Fortunately he only had the lower part of the kidney removed along with the tumor. He could have lost the entire kidney.
@ElusiveButterfly I'm glad he didn't lose the whole kidney.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Those were two interesting stories you just shared with us. Thank you so much and I love the fine one at the library. However, to give a kidney for a person you don't really know is amazing. I am so happy there are some people like this in the world.
I agree, it takes a special person to give their kidney to a complete stranger.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@just4him I am so happy t his mother now has a change to live and see her daughter graduate from high school.
@poehere I'm also very happy for her and her daughter.
@1hopefulman (27414)
That is very nice goal that you have set, to look for and find find the silver lining in the dark clouds that are filling our world.
Thank you. I hope there's something good to find each day.
@1hopefulman (27414)
@just4him If you put your Sherlock hat on, I'm sure you can find some. After all, the world is still here, somebody must be doing something good. Right?
@1hopefulman Absolutely.
@responsiveme (14670)
Very inspiring truly....Humans do have this side which makeour lives amazing
Yes we do. It's encouraging.
@Elizaby (3621)
• Pensacola, Florida
What we need to hear more of is good news stories.
Yes we do.
Great news to hear today as we seem to be hit with too many unsettling things lately
Yes, we do. Good news can be hard to find. I was glad to find those two stories.
I love to read "feel good stories", thanks for those 2.
You're welcome. I'm going to try to do more of these.
@vsai2008 (7671)
This is definitely good news, thank you for sharing them
You're welcome.
Great stories.
Yes they are.
@HazySue (20904)
Thank you for sharing this good news. The book being returned after all these years was nice. The kidney story was amazing. The woman met her earth angel. Keep these good stories coming.
That was the first. I've now posted two more. I do intend to keep them coming.
@ilocosboy (34311)
Now these are good news and we wanted them to inspire our lives. No more bad news please.
I won't be posting any bad news articles. I promise. I'm glad you liked these stories.