The hottest things on Earth.

Banks, Oregon
For years it was thought that Death Valley California was the hottest place on earth at 134 degrees Fahrenheit, but turns out at least 3 places in the wold have gotten hotter, the hottest being the Lut Desert in Iran, it has gotten a scorching hot 159 degrees Fahrenheit 70 degrees Celsius. The Flaming Mountains and, the Bad Lands have also reached over 150 degrees. Another interesting note is there is a river in Peru, that is a boiling hot 186 degrees Fahrenheit and, the hottest pepper is the Reaper, it was formerly the Ghost, below the ghost is the Hobanero, then the Jalapeno. I learned about this stuff, from a show on the history channel ways to sound really smart or something like that lol. Lastly there is a fire that has been burning for 40 years, it was started accidentally by natural gas under ground and, they tried to burn off the methane, but instead it continues to burn and, is 1800 degrees Fahrenheit. Locals call it the gates of hell. Photo is from Wikipedia, it's supposed to be sand castles at the Lut Desert.
• Japan
Oh, another interesting fact: there is a river in Gunma Prefecture, Japan, that has a hot spring coming up in it. It's called "Shiriyaki Onsen" meaning "cook your rear end hot springs" because the people a long time ago who discovered it thought they were swimming in a cold river... but not...
• Japan
Here it is.
There may be many hot springs in Japan, but there aren’t many like this. If you enjoy your hot springs a bit more ‘wild’, here’s my best-kept secret – Shiriyaki Onsen! To get there, pass Kusatsu Onsen in the Gunma Prefecture and head towards the Nozoriko.
@petatonicsca Very fitting name lol.
Wonder why they changed it from Ghost to Reaper.
They are different peppers, it was the Ghost until the reaper was grown by a farmer in South Carolina. it's just a little hotter, but hotter none the less.
@TRBRocks420 - Ah. I misunderstood. I somehow thought they had just renamed it.
@teamfreak16 I could have worded it better also.
Wow that is amazing to know TR! Where are the Flaming Mts? And the Badlands are here in the USA right?
Japan and, Australia I think.
@TRBRocks420 Thanks TR.
@sabtraversa (12491)
I wonder how it feels to be in those places, we'd be evaporating. The weather is dry in the desert, at least. It's more like being fried in a pan than being steamed.
Yes, they said nobody or nothing can really survive there long term.
@sabtraversa (12491)
@TRBRocks420 I can imagine, maybe some can live underground while others would be very resistant bacteria, very exciting life forms.
@aureliah (13885)
Very interesting but that brings heat-related problems.
Yes, I wouldn't want to be some where that hot.
@aureliah (13885)
@TRBRocks420 If when its gets to 40 you are in trouble, imagine 150.
• Japan
Several months after the big New Zealand earthquake, scientists fornd that there were faults in the mountains that go down to subterranian heat.
Very interesting. I think some sort of under ground volcano must heat that river in Peru too.
• Japan
@TRBRocks420 Both Peru and Chile are on or near plate boundaries, so I would think so. Interestingly enough, there is a natural hot springs bath in my city on the outskirts of Tokyo, but they had to drill down a kilometer to get to the hot water.
@Tracy04 (10575)
Cannot live in hot places
Me neither that's way too hot.
If something isn't done about Global warming, I suspect temperatures will rise even higher.
I hope not, but yes they more than likely will.
Interesting. I better stop vomplaining about it being 90 degrees here then huh. It could be worse
Lol yeah at least we don't get that hot. I thought 110 was bad.
I watched this too! How about when they used dried ghost peppers to hurt people?!?!?!
Oh yes as Pepper Spray bomb it would non doubt work well. I want one lol.
@ilocosboy (34344)
Oh wow, which means we can stop complaining about the hot weather in our place because this is peanut compared to these places.
Yes our heat is not much compared to that.
I love to watch informative shows like that. They are very interesting and you learn a thing or three too.
Me too one of the more interesting shows I have watched in awhile.
How interesting to learn that. The river in Peru can work like a spring and people can soak there to relax Perhaps it will have some magical treatments for health.
It's too hot for people my friend, it would burn us.
@kepweng (11201)
i think the hottest places on earth is place in middle east? cause mostly sand desserts thier
They are certainly among them any desert areas can get very hot.
Interesting facts for sure. I like interesting bits of trivia like this.