8 Ideas for Not Running Out of Topic in myLot

Thinking - Pixabay-Public Domain
@dodoazo (21607)
How Not to Run Out of Topic for myLot? Writing is not for everyone. It's a skill which could acquired by learning, by practicing it, by modeling but not all is going to be a writer. Writing is an art. It takes varoius style or methods which the writer is comfortable with it. Here in myLot most of users aren't used to writing. They consider this site as another form of social media like Facebook in which in any manner it's not. They post trivial things which have less or no value at all and usually their posts are queries on personal in nature. IDEAS for DISCUSSION Anyway I am doing my best to give you some techniques so that you may not be running out of ideas or topics for discussion. 1. Unforgettable Experience. You could serialize it by events, chapter or category. It could be done in three to four series. 2. Do It Yourself (DIY) projects. You could present it step by step, by outline and giving a description of it. It could be presented in three to four batches including marketing. 3. Documenting a Book in the Bible. You may use Psalms with 150 Chapters. This means you could have 150 posts equivalent to 5 months if you post each chapter per day. All you have to do is - give the mean idea or topic sentence of each chapter. Relay it to your life experience or from others testimony. 4. News Feed. Search the Internet of the trending news. Read the comments or reactions of the readers. Get the consensus and present the issue for discussion in your own words Don't copy it for you'll be violating the copyright law. 5. Say it in a Song. Pick the popular songs regardless of time of popularity. Present why it's popular. Identify the audience, their age group and the rationale why they like the music and the song artist as well. 6. Money Matters. Refrain from discussing instant money making, lottery or any form of gambling but rather discuss successful business entrepreneurs, who's who in the field of marketing by emphasizing how they become successful. State their worth emulating traits why they become successful. Be careful not to plagiarize. 7. Walk Their Talk. Look for exemplary persons in various fields of endeavor, who serve as the model of humanity. Emphasize their exemplary character. You may connect it with yourself or to any members of your family. 8. Negative Outlook. Trials and challenges have a bad effect to everyone. They discourage them. They lead people to give up. But when these things are overcome, the affected individuals become resilient, strong and determined until they reach the pedestal of success. Look for these things and write about them. These are some of the techniques in making writing worth reading. The number of words to keep may not be less than 300 words. It may be more, the better. Don't forget to observe the mechanics in writing. However, myLot is not strict about good English or grammar. Good luck. Copyright © 24 September 2017 by Gil Camporazo (Nocturnal Writer)
@responsiveme (16873)
Lots of tips.I write random posts. More than the writing it's the interaction...Your post has to grab the attention
@dodoazo (21607)
These are some of effective writing tips I ever thought of and have even encountered.
@dodoazo great tips
@dodoazo (21607)
@responsiveme Thank you. Hope this will help you.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
Hehe. Nice piece. I sincerely needed this.
@dodoazo (21607)
Feel free to use this as your ready reference.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
@dodoazo Thank you.
@ilocosboy (38885)
wow, very nice information. So, for those having problem on what to write, this will surely help.
@dodoazo (21607)
I am hoping it will help.
@ilocosboy (38885)
it does, it will surely help.
I'm not a writer, but have a plethora of things to share regarding my personal experiences and daily life. Interaction is key here, and I try not to be boring.
@dodoazo (21607)
You're not a writer but you can express yourself clearly. That's the quality of a writer.
@MissNikki (2696)
Thanks for the ideas
@dodoazo (21607)
It's my pleasure to share this to you and to everyone.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@dodoazo You are such a darling, God bless
@dodoazo (21607)
@joanwanjala wow! I am very inspired by that appreciation.
@kepweng (19182)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
thanks for sharing this many members will be happy to follow this guidelines
@dodoazo (21607)
Hoping they will. They will.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Am using it already
@Tracy04 (10815)
Thanks for the tip!
@dodoazo (21607)
Don't mention it.
Thak you so much for these wonderful tips on how not to run out of ideas to write. Actually, I am sometimes already running out of ideas already, but I always have new experiences in life each week that I can share here so I guess I have them to write here.
@dodoazo (21607)
That's correct. Make it worth reading by merely enumerating what had transpired.
@kiran8 (15399)
• Mangalore, India
Very useful tips, I have noticed that I have a dozen ideas churning iny mind when I am on the bus or doing some other work but once in front of the laptop , I go.blank
@dodoazo (21607)
Best solution always bring a pen and a paper once an idea pops up, write it done and develop it. Or you may use smartphone's voice recorder. I think you know how to use it. Record what you've in mind and replay later when you've time.
I think everyone has their own techniques to writing. Not all are aware of it. This is a place for people to let their hair down so to speak and enjoy interacting with others.
@dodoazo (21607)
They may have but they aren't organized. Anyway, that's a suggestion if they follow it or not.
@dodoazo ok, that is your suggestion. Are you a writer off of My Lot?
@dodoazo (21607)
@Hannihar I am one of the users here. I just write for me to earn a penny.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks for giving out this tips. I always think much before starting a discussion
@dodoazo (21607)
Now at least you the ideas on how to go about it
• Nairobi, Kenya
@dodoazo Yes. But they look complex :)
@dodoazo (21607)
@mildredtabitha but if you're used to them they're simple and cone naturally.
@Mrgana1 (345)
• Nigeria
I agree with you that writing is art you learn, model and practice. Writing also has it objectives, the style to adopt when writing for a discussion site or forum is far different from writing for reading and assimilation alone. It is ideal to end your write up in such a manner that the audience will assimilate, learn and are able share their opinions so as to make it a participatory discussion
@dodoazo (21607)
I know you're a good writer. You can analyze a discussion in an organized point of view. I have read yet your discussions here. You have presented a good point of view.
@Mrgana1 (345)
• Nigeria
@dodoazo Thanks for your recommendations, I appreciate
@dodoazo (21607)
@Mrgana1 The simple you write it, the easy to understand and less mistakes are committed.
These are great ideas! Thanks for sharing these!
@dodoazo (21607)
It's a pleasure to be of service.
@dodoazo (21607)
@Bluedoll (17050)
Good tips. I might try DIY or at least think of how it could be presented. Thanks.
@dodoazo (21607)
DIY is more on technical writing just like a project plan which deals on the name of the project, its materials and billinngs, and so on and so forth.
@Bluedoll (17050)
@dodoazo your post got me inspired to look for projects other do and how they blog about them which seems appealing. It would give me something to write about and keep my nose clean at the same time.
@dodoazo (21607)
@Bluedoll This is the prompting I have to write about this technique in finding sources on what to wre
@peachpurple (12772)
thanks for your useful tips. I will jot them down and use them for my discussions
@dodoazo (21607)
You may at least my effort is worth sharing.
@peachpurple (12772)
@dodoazo I am using the DIY method now as you had suggested.
@dodoazo (21607)
@peachpurple That is one of the posts I have encountered that got better traffic or readers.
• Japan
I don't usually have time to post more than three discussions in a day, and by the time in the day I can post them, enough things have happened that I often have plenty to say. Too much, some people might add. I seem to have the gift of the gab.
@dodoazo (21607)
You mean thoughts keep on flowing from your mind. Is the gift you're talking about?
• Japan
@dodoazo No, we have an expression "gift of the gab" for people who talk too much. "Gabbing" is talking a lot, sometimes unnecessarily.
@sugartoes (43223)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I love the way you did this post it gave a lot of information & a lot of guidance for those that just weren't sure what to write about I seen the comments you got from it too. I have been a little stale the last few days cause I lost my groove on just WHAT to write about & after I found something & posted it your's popped up on the side where it says you MIGHT be interested in this so I seen this & WHAMO here I am.
@dodoazo (21607)
I am so happy that you stumbled upon this and has interest you. This comes out my mind to help fellow myLot users who don't have the udea to write.
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
I have to write down my ideas because quite often I will think of something when I am lying in bed and then by the morning I have forgotten what it was! You raise some good ideas in your post.
@dodoazo (21607)
That's a good idea. Keep it up.
• Mombasa, Kenya
This is beautiful
@dodoazo (21607)
Thanks. It gives me a sense of being happy.
@thelme55 (15125)
Good ideas to write about. I have a lot of ideas what to discuss here but sometimes, I just want to interact.