Soothsayers, why do they always predict the end of the world?

Old photo of northeast El Paso, I took this shot because the Guadalupes were so clear on that day.
El Paso, Texas
It's really hilarious. For centuries soothsayers have been predicting the destruction of the world. So far they've ALL been wrong. Yet again this morning my furmily and I woke up alive Now I've heard there's another prediction for the worlds end tomorrow, anyone hear anything about that? Oh com'on, if you have we could have fun with it. I thought I'd throw in an old photo I took of the Guadalupe Mountains, I was up on Loop 375 in the Franklin Mountains. Below is northeast El Paso TX.
@sallypup (28082)
• Moses Lake, Washington
There's a Bible passage that says something about how we won't know exactly when the End is coming.
I don't know about the Bible but I'll bet the Great Spirit wouldn't want to terrorize us with stories of dooms day.
@sallypup (28082)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann The Great Spirit does seem kindlier. I believe the Goddess is also sweeter tempered.
It would seem so @sallypup
I loved your tag..wake up alive lol..yeah it was quite a day yesterday..see if it was the end or not lol
I never doubted that the silly soothsayer got it wrong, they always have. Why would the Great Spirit let us know if our end were coming?
I don't get why soothsayers even discuss it, there's nothing soothing about it
ok, ya got me with that one.
@Bluedoll (17054)
The world will end tomorrow. It could be a good thing? If it ends there could be a new one around the corner? The world will end for many tomorrow as it is Monday and as we all know Mondays' turn many into zombies.
Ok, ya got a point there.
@Bluedoll (17054)
@rebelann No need to worry there was an astroid heading this way but threat was adverted when nasa sent astronut Bruce Willis to blow it up!
NASA scientists provide real science to debunk wild Internet rumors about an alleged September asteroid impact.
@Bluedoll uhhuuhhh, Bruce Willis is a superhero
@Shellyann36 (11275)
Yes, so many predict it and fill everyone's head with it that will listen. I can't help but remember all of those people selling everything they owned to follow someone who predicted the end of the world. They were left high and dry when it did not happen.
Some people just don't use that noodle the Great Spirit gave them. I wonder if they do that over and over.
@HazySue (22594)
I don't worry about it. If the end of the world comes what can we do to stop it? I figure if I wake up in the morning the world is still turning.
I agree with you. We have no control over the forces of the planets.
Well, it is wise not to prepare for the end due to it being such a waste of time. I am sure there are those out there who have determined that the end is near for each day of the year.
You are so right about that.
Even Jesus said " nor even I " knows when it will end.
I doubt Buddha even considered this kind of thing.
@NoorNoor (1184)
May be they have this job only
Okkkaaay, I never would have thought of it as a job. Thanks for that.
@kepweng (17850)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
Soothsayers is a cult?
I'm not sure but over the many centuries there have been many soothsayers who would predict the end of the world.