How would you spend 5000$?

Romania
My father has got a deal recently.He will be given 5000$ if he decides to sell a terrain. If the buyer will be serious,the deal would be successful. But,we dont know exactly what to do with this pot of money. Is there any chance to invest in something profitable? Or just keep it for life expenses. I mention my family is a medium one(not poor and not rich) Thanks-any idea is welcomed.
@Scrapper88 (1333)
If you have any kids; you could invest it in their college fund.
Well,im the kid in the family(17 years old). I would need college funding,of course,but not the whole amount of money:) However,great advice-I will take that in consideration.
@sabtraversa (12488)
Real estate could be a thing, but if your father plans to sell a terrain, that's kind the opposite. I don't know if you can start a successful activity with $5000. You could use that money for investing in something that allows you to save in the future. Buying a house would allow you to save on rent. Or you can get solar panels and save on electricity. Saving every year is like earning every year.
Thanks for advice,Sabrina! We will take that into consideration!
@1hopefulman (26067)
Investments can be very tricky and many people lose money. Best to put it in the bank and keep it for when you need it. That's what I would do. I wish you well!
Thanks for the advice! We will count it:)
@Tracy04 (10575)
I would pay all my education loans, and current education fees, hostel fees and ones related to education first. Of course then daily meals and drinks, then I guess I can put more than half of it in the bank.
@vsai2008 (7667)
The first thing I would do is keep the amount safe in bank, LOL
I would put it towards debt if you have some and keep some in an emergency savings fund personally.
• Guangdong, China
I would like to invest some funds.