Good Day to Sit at Home and Do Little

It is so hot and humid today that you can feel the heat come through the door and windows. The windows are shut and the curtains drawn to keep out the blazing sun. Even so, it is still warm. Have the AC running and it is comfortable inside. So, I am staying put. Thought about venturing out to the store, but I'd rather not today. Little Miss just woke from a 2 1/2 hour nap. We will watch some cartoons and play inside where we won't be overcome by the heat. No sense in being miserably hot when we can be cool. I do have dishes to wash and think about what to make for dinner. Still have to get a pot of soup on the burner, but that will be done outside. I've got to pull the remaining meat off the ham and grind it for sandwiches for my husband's lunches. So, here I am checking out discussions and responding to as many as I can. Hope you all have a relaxing day as well.
The heat has gone for this year and it will not come back in this part of the world, we are heating in the morning and in the evening before going to sleep.
We are expecting a cool down later this week. Although I will miss the warmer weather, I realize it is time for Mother Nature to move on and give us our Autumn delights.
@ElusiveButterfly I am very happy that the heat is over, today is sunny and warm, a beautiful Fall day.
@LadyDuck day 2 of 90 degree weather. I am melting.
@sallypup (19445)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Ground ham for sandwiches. Sure brings back the good old days.
Ham is one of hubby's favs and I am glad to have it for him. Bought the ham for a good price.
@sallypup (19445)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@ElusiveButterfly Some hams are quite tasty, that's for sure. When my Mom was here, I made hash with her. She loved helping me and supervising as I turned the handle on the old meat grinder. (You think I should put in a chunk of bread, Mom? Onion, maybe?)
@sallypup I haven't made hash ever! You would think I would have tried. Maybe I should with the next one.
It is way too hot here too. My husband, who loves the heat, went outside to read, but the pup left him in the yard all by himself due to needing the cool of the inside.
I thought about going to visit my SIL while my husband worked on my brother's trailer. Then I remembered they don't have AC. I am home. LOL.
I will be watching football and, doing little else lol.
enjoy!
@inertia4 (26582)
It was hot today and still is here. I am hoping this is the last heatwave for the year. But I might be wrong. I am also in the air condition. I did go to breakfast this morning with my girlfriend and her sister. Then I stayed inside all day. I am hoping tomorrow won't be too hot. Enjoy your night.
It is starting to cool down now. But, it is still muggy. We are supposed to have cooler weather come Thursday. That will put us into shock!
@inertia4 (26582)
@ElusiveButterfly I hope so too. I know next weekend should be more seasonable. Like in the 60's. That will be refreshing now.
@inertia4 I am looking forward to fall.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
very hot here in the Chicago area as well. They are saying back into the more normal 70's starting Wednesday, I can't wait. I stayed in all day, never did go out in that heat.
I believe they said it is supposed to cool down by the end of the week. Today will be 90 again. Thankfully I only have 2 clients and both have AC. The second client never wants to turn hers on though even when she doesn't have to pay for her electric. I am going to insist it goes on today.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
@ElusiveButterfly I would too. Today the temps have dropped just like they said it would. It's gorgeous out there only 70 right now.
@fishtiger58 I am anxiously awaiting the cooler weather tomorrow. My last client had no AC and it was brutal. I have her for almost 5 hours tomorrow and it will be nice to not roast while I am there.
@RubyHawk (20930)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's still hot here but we should have cool weather before long. Sounds like a restful way to spend the day.
Still going to be almost 90 today. Tomorrow we are expecting temps in the upper 60's. Now that's a change that I can be happy with at this point.
@RubyHawk (20930)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ElusiveButterfly Our temp was in the high eighties. That's hot enough for me.
@RubyHawk I will be glad to have the cooler day tomorrow.
Yes stay inside as long as you have to.
No sense in venturing out and regretting it.
@ElusiveButterfly yes, unless its jeeded like food or emergency
@Courtlynn had to cook on the grill tonight and it was still muggy at 5:00.
@Srbageldog (3662)
I hope it cools down soon. It's supposed to heat up again here too this week. The weather has been so weird this year.
It is going to be 90 again today and remain in the higher temps through the week.
@ElusiveButterfly Same here. It's supposed to be 93 tomorrow. Yuck.
@Srbageldog hot again today. My last client does not turn on her AC. Yay me.
The work we do is never done is it?
Never.
@ElusiveButterfly .....It just recycles itself.
@celticeagle well put.
@dodo19 (27263)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's pretty warm and humid here as well. It's supposed to be like this until Wednesday or Thursday. Oh well ... we'll just have to deal with it.
@dodo19 it would be my luck that my clients won't have AC or if they do, they won't turn it on.
@dodo19 (27263)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ElusiveButterfly it figures, right? Hopefully, it's not too bad for you.
@dodo19 I have my last client for 4 hours tomorrow. I am going to insist that she close her windows and turn on the AC. I am not going to suffer in the heat.
@Morleyhunt (15383)
The temperature is hot...we are under a heat alert....with the humidex the rail feel is over 100F. It was never that hot this summer.
It is starting to cool down a little bit now. I have been able to turn the temperature gauge up on the AC so to keep it moderately cool in here.
@Morleyhunt (15383)
@ElusiveButterfly no AC in our house. Thank goodness it doesn't feel as hot inside as it does outside.
@Morleyhunt we live in trailer, and even with the new roof it gets stuffy and hot in here. It sits in the sun and bakes all day. The only relief is when the sun goes down.
@Platespinner (17590)
I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures. Maybe they'll come next weekend...
I am hoping so too. Not really cool though, just comfortable.
@ElusiveButterfly The Big People around here are ready to stoke the wood heater and enjoy soup season.
@Platespinner I am a big fan of soup, just not the cold weather!
Very hot and humid again here today. The fans are on and the air cooler will be turned on soon. I took a nap and it was wonderful.
I fell asleep a couple of times. This is something I tend to do when Little Miss is sleeping. The cat nap was nice. Naps are wonderful, we need to take them more often.
@ElusiveButterfly My husband told me it was three and I said What? I just laid down 20 minutes ago. It was almost an hour ago!
@Susan2015 well I guess you rested well!
@Tracy04 (10659)
Just went back from an offline bank. Have to go to another branch and it's tiring. Going to have a nap now
Naps are great. We need to allow ourselves to nap more often.
@JESSY3236 (4702)
It has been hot here too. I had been trying to sit outside with Lily, my cat, because lately she has been wanting to come in. But yesterday it was way too hot to sit out there, It is supposed cooler next week.
That's what I have heard.
• Marion, Kansas
Our brief cool down will begin today. It is in the 70's now and will not get much warmer. I have the day off and after some things I must do like take out the garbage, I will take it easy myself.
I have to get motivated this weekend. Hubby is going up north to do some deer hunting. I am going to clean out the spare room. Not sure how much progress I'll make with Little Miss hot on my heels!
@responsiveme (13202)
Stay cool and comfortable.The AC sure is a good invention
It sure does help.
It was hot today but not so bad to keep me inside. Hope your day went well.
It has been so hot that I almost run from the car to the comfort of my airconditioned home.
@ptrikha_2 (5520)
Oh so you are also running ACs a lot. Don't you get any rains.
No rain lately. We don't run the AC at night. The only time it is on is when it is really hot outside.