I Just Couldn't Take It Anymore!

@SonjaRae (4802)
Today I was at my breaking point! No longer could I allow the leaves in the front yard and here in the back to be a blanket. I spent three hours outside and have raked up six piles of leaves. Now I don't have the energy to bag them up! I hope your Sunday was more interesting and eventful than mine was. How did you spend your day?
@vsai2008 (9857)
Most of my Sunday was spent preparing my brother's powerpoint presentation, the day went pretty slow but was otherwise fine. :)
@SonjaRae (4802)
Slow sometimes is a good day!
@vsai2008 (9857)
@SonjaRae I agree with you but not when I had to prepare almost 70+ slides lol
@SonjaRae (4802)
@vsai2008 Yikes! That's one heck of a power point!!!
@YrNemo (14703)
flu! I was in bed the whole time, coughing and sleeping. At least with medicines, the pain in all my muscles and bones have gone. I will go back to bed soon. So sorry about the leaves there. Are you going to burn them?
@SonjaRae (4802)
Oh I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I hope you get better soon!!!! No I won't burn them, I'd be afraid it would not be manageable and I don't want to cause a fire but I can't put out!
@YrNemo (14703)
@SonjaRae You are right, you have fire restriction over there during summer or hot days?
@SonjaRae (4802)
@YrNemo Yes, we do!
@Deepizzaguy (14949)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Starting my next Wordgirl fan fiction on Archive Of Our Own called "Wordgirl: Baptism By Fire" which is a crossover of the final cartoon on PBS Kids called "Rhyme And Reason" and the Batman animated series called "Harley And Ivy" which is a team up of Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn committing crimes while Batman will team up with Wordgirl and her team to stop them.
@SonjaRae (4802)
Sounds interesting! Good luck!
@Deepizzaguy (14949)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@SonjaRae I had to do a lot of thinking how I was going to write my latest fan fictions since Wordgirl's fan base is basically teens and everyone knows who Batman is.
@SonjaRae (4802)
@Deepizzaguy Hope you found the right angle to intrigue the readers!!
Oh wow! I know that feeling. We havent had all that many leaves falling yet but soon Ill be in that same position Im sure.
@SonjaRae (4802)
Yeah just happens they fall and then when the wind hits they're just all over
That's a long time to rake up leaves. It's very hot here so we mostly stayed inside. Watching TV.
@SonjaRae (4802)
My body was worked today!!
@Platespinner (17062)
This will be my first leaf raking season. Fortunately for me, I'm small enough not to have to worry about being handed a rake. According to my Big People the leaves will be falling for the next 2 months or more.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Oh man racking and not bagging is a bad sign. Just hope over night the wind doesn't pick up and blow all your leaves back into your yard. Now that would be a shame if this one happened. Here this happens a lot this time of hear the wind starts blowing and we have leaves all ove the place. I always wait until the wind stop blowing before I go out and rake. but I know now if I rake I need to bag ASAP otherwise all my work is for nothing.
@SonjaRae (4802)
I am praying that we don't have any wind I'll get them picked up tomorrow after work
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@SonjaRae I hope so too. Sure would hate to see all your leaves blown all over the yard again. When I was a kid and we would watch people rake up leaves and leave them in a pile the first thing we would do is go ump in them and string them all over the yard again. We had so much fun playing in the leaves that were piled up high in the yard. Sometime we would roller skate into the piles and string them along with us. Hope this doesn't happen to you.
@SonjaRae (4802)
@poehere LOL. Well I see you could be a bad influence on the kids in this neighborhood!!!
I don; t have many leaves yet in my yard despite having trees, My sister will probably hire her neighbor at the end of the season as he as 28 miles away from my house, so it is is a one-time thing, but he is in college, and she likes to help him make money for college!
@SonjaRae (4802)
That's a good idea hiring local neighbor people!
@SonjaRae She mentioned she might do some of it herself a few weeks from now! i am not sure if she will hire somebody or not? It doesn't matter if she or somebody else does it or not just, so my yard looks somewhat decent! But I think Onyx my new kitty might like to watch the leaves blow in the wind?
@SonjaRae (4802)
@Marty1 A new kitty??? Gah! How exciting! Pictures?
There was a time when I truly enjoyed raking leaves. Then one day I snapped and decided to let them naturally mulch into the ground. LOL. Yeah, I had to rake them in the spring.
@SonjaRae (4802)
I shared in that same enthusiasm for the first few years of living here, Then it became work
@SonjaRae I don't care for noisy leaf blowers, but I would like to get one for my hubby. LOL.
@SonjaRae (4802)
@ElusiveButterfly Not my favorite sound either, but it saves the body from all that raking
@Tracy04 (10815)
Sonja! I miss you, where did you go Last Sunday was my class and it's kinda weird and tiring
@SonjaRae (4802)
HI Tracy!! I am here. Just haven't been on line much. Class is weird?? How so?
@Tracy04 (10815)
@SonjaRae same here, haven't have chance to online like during the break. Maybe last Sunday it's period so I'm feeling kinda weird like that.
@SonjaRae (4802)
@Tracy04 I do understand!
Ut-oh. Hope they arent scattered around tomorrow.
@SonjaRae (4802)
Me too, but even if those piles don't scatter, you be certain these darn trees aren't done shedding yet!
@SonjaRae oh if course not. Fall has just begun
@SonjaRae (4802)
@MissNikki (2696)
Sounds like you were super productive and that's awesome!
@SonjaRae (4802)
Yes and my body reminded me that I hadn't done that in quite some time! Ha
We went up to the village for the chestnut festival, a good walk and a nice day. The leaves are for big part still on the trees here.
@SonjaRae (4802)
Sounds fantastic!
@Srbageldog (8244)
I spent my day reading. Had to do some grocery shopping and some household chores in the evening, but other than that the day was pretty relaxing.
@SonjaRae (4802)
Sounds like it was a relaxing yet productive day
Filling the huge trash can before pick up tomorrow. Looks good!
@SonjaRae (4802)
Thanks Andria.
@heyheyla (209)
• Aleppo, Syria
You can just burn them
@TheSojourner (17304)
SIX piles? How many bags is that? There should be few bags/piles left now that we are at the end of October.
@ridingbet (59355)
i like the falling leaves, except when there is a strong wind blowing. besides, we cannot burn the dried leaves anymore because of pollution. we just sweep them in one side and gather them.