DNA Test is the mail!

Who is the father?! Naw not that kind of DNA test. My sister surprised me with a random gift the other day - an ancestral Dna test. You swab your mouth, seal it up and send it out and you get your results in a few weeks to see what your background is. I am somewhat aware of my family trer and expect both Swedish and Czech but I am curious as to what else I am made of. It doesnt change who I am but I always thought it would be cool to know. Plus, it is an added bonus for my sister that she also gets to see what she is. Have you ever done something like this?Happy Monday everyone!
@pumpkinjam (5774)
I haven't done it but it does sound intriguing. I can trace my family tree back a few hundred years and, on my Mum's side at least, barely make it out of the county! I'd be interested to find out our ancestral DNA, though. I'd also be interested in my partner's. He says his family name is one of the oldest in Britain and he is descended from nobility from King Rollo of Denmark. That's his Dad's side. His Mum's side were Romany gypsies so they're much harder to trace! Would be interesting to find out where they were likely to have originated.
Thats super cool. I would love to make a tree a hundred years back Injust dont even know where to begin with all that!
@maezee It's mostly my little sister who does it. I think she started off with Genealogy and Ancestry websites.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
Nope! I really don`t mind where I`m from..I just believe what my parents told me
Same here. I think its a cool idea to see qhat else you are.
@maezee ..Well yes
@Lizirazo (2451)
No, l have not done something like this before.
It sounds kinda cool though right?!
@Lizirazo (2451)
@maezee Yes it sounds cool. I love trying new things and wouldn't mind trying it out.
@afiction (44)
• Changsha, China
DNA is the key to make sure who am I. I trust the science in some degree.
I do too. Its amazing how just a couple decades ago they did not know about this science. Amazung how fast it advances.
Lately I've been interested in doing this. Looking forward to hearing your results.
• Nairobi, Kenya
If I could do something like this, I will also know about where I come from.