My Parents Retro Kitchen Set from the 50's. Great Childhood Memories

@Ganma7 (2039)
When I saw this picture I was so excited because my parents had this same set when they got married in 1950. I was born in 1951 but we had it in our kitchen for many years. The set came in yellow too. I love coming across something that makes me smile and brings me back to our first little home. Lots of great meals and game board nights at that table. My mom had red & white check curtains to go with it, we did not have fancy things but we were happy with what we had. Just being together. Did any of you have furniture similar to this set?
@dgobucks226 (6739)
Seems like this quote I found touches on how you feel about that kitchen table. "The kitchen is the heart of every home, for the most part. It evokes memories of your family history." Debi Mazar
@Ganma7 (2039)
You are 100% right. We had meals and game night at that table many years ago but it all came back, thank you
@Ganma7 The kitchen was a social area for my family as well.
@Ganma7 (2039)
@dgobucks226 Yes it was each night we sat down to dinner. No internet, cell phones and we turned the tv off during dinner
• Portland, Connecticut
We did too. I think our set had a more silvery top, not the red or yellow. We ate a lot of good meals at the table as well.
@Ganma7 (2039)
OMG i just noticed the floor! Our's was black tile too. Our bathroom had the black and pink tiles. Am I Aging or what?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Ganma7 lol not any faster than the rest of us. I think our kitchen floor was blue linoleum, all of the downstairs rooms had linoleum.
@Ganma7 (2039)
Having dinner together at a table with no phones, TV on or computers, now that is real communication.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I adore these sets also my friend. We had one at home in our house...my Mother loved it back in the day. What site was this on?
@Ganma7 (2039)
I saw it posted on Facebook. Thank you! They were very popular back in the day
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Ganma7 Yes they surely were..Wow someone has it on Facebook so cool. They were selling one in the neighborhood here but I did not like the color it was not in good shape as that one there. So pretty!
@Ganma7 (2039)
@TiarasOceanView thank you! Yes better to get one in good shape. They had them in yellow too!
@kepweng (6349)
its nice to have things like these cause of happy memories its have a sentimental value?
@Ganma7 (2039)
Yes even seeing it made me so happy and brought me back to my childhood
• Denmark
We've got a cupboard looking a bit like the one in the photo. It's also more than half a century old.
@Ganma7 (2039)
You have some great antiques!
• Denmark
@Ganma7 'Antiques' would be an exaggeration. 'Very old' is more to the point. The house we live in is more than 120 years old.
@Ganma7 (2039)
@MALUSE I would love to see a picture of it
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I remember when I had one back in the day but I just didn't have any real space to keep it, so I gave it to the thrift store where someone else would enjoy it as much as I had, I loved it cause you could place some AWESOME dice games on it that we USE to play.
@Ganma7 (2039)
Yes perfect for games. Thank you!
Yes I still own one, its black and white.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@andriaperry they some GOOD tables like back in the days were the autos
Yes, I remember a set similar to that one in my parents' kitchen. I recall it was easy to wipe the surface clean.
@Ganma7 (2039)
Very easy to clean the table and the chairs. Wiped right up easily.
I just love it! I love retro things like dinette sets.
@Ganma7 (2039)
Me too! Thank you so much for commenting
@PainsOnSlate (19213)
I think we had a white one in the 50's. That's one cool pink one!
@Ganma7 (2039)
Our oldest daughter now 45 found this exact one when she got married in bright red. Very durable & heavy sturdy chairs. History repeating itself
@Fleura (6197)
That is very evocative of that period!
@YrNemo (8553)
We had a similar set (not red though, just white flecked with black/greyish things). One of my sisters burned it badly with an iron! but since we couldn't afford to buy another, the table stayed until we moved away.
@Prshnth (847)
• Bangalore, India
We never had a kitchen table...in 90's most of middle and poor class people used to sit on floor to eat
@peachpurple (10991)
nope, I had seen this table in furniture shop, it is outdated now, most people prefers marble or glass dinning table