Writer's block! I've been stuck for about a week now!

@jbb316 (1779)
Normally I like articles where I can research facts and compose an article based on my research. Usually I will search web or news listings, writer's pages and other resources to get ideas. And I have nothing. Notta. Normally when I come across "The one" it will just jump out at me and the creative wheels in brain start spinning. But I'm stuck. Any ideas?
@sugartoes (34620)
• Greencastle, Indiana
well there's always the news that's a big interest right now then there's stuff on youtube that you might catch interesting to talk about that's where I get all my Ideas from.
That is a great suggestion!
@iriswest (179)
@dgobucks226 Reading news has always be the best way of getting Ideas since it is more reliable and most people who write news articles are elite writers. They are trained how to write in a complete and compelling way.
@iriswest That is very true and we can pass on the knowledge from these stories to others
• Nairobi, Kenya
I hope people will bring ideas on this. I sometimes think of something and have loads to write about but then when trying to polish it up everything just seems to go blank. Personally most of the things I've written about are just random thoughts that may crop up or a point from a conversation that makes feel all "writy" inside
@iriswest (179)
I think you should organize your ideas so that you can properly convert your ideas in a compelling article.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@iriswest Thank you, I had started writing short paragraphs on different things will adopt your suggestion. again thank you.
@iriswest (179)
@chunchunwadaddy Glad I helped you :)
@iriswest (179)
This is pretty common for writers, but if you have a systematic way of writing you will have more ideas and interesting topics to post in the future.
@pradab (503)
You are right...such blocks are always temporary. you will come up with a big idea soon
@iriswest (179)
@pradab You know what, there are loads of Ideas out there and all you have to do is see it and read it. Create your own topic that is relevant and at the same time unique.
@ziutso (61)
I think You need to read books .... as many as you can. The only way... You obviously get so many Idea.
@iriswest (179)
Aside from books, you should also read articles and newspapers.
@ziutso (61)
@iriswest right.
Take a break for few hours or couple of days from daily routine. It will refresh and rejuvenate your mind. Don't think about writing articles during that time.
@Bluedoll (16790)
Writing what where? Here you mean? Not that it matters or perhaps it does. We all go through down times. You'll get it back.
@jbb316 (1779)
Writing articles to publish. Eventually I will do short stories and work my way up to writing a book
@Bluedoll (16790)
@jbb316 Good for you. I'm in that process as well. It goes flat line on me and then I get enthusasitic again. Would have more confidence in what I want to do if I could speel enthusastic?
@YesWay (3498)
I hope you get back into the swing of things soon
@eagletrek2 (4979)
• Kingston, New York
here a crazy way to write close your eyes spend around the room when you open your eyes the first thing you see is what you write about
@wongchoiyee (6568)
I have no idea.
I know what it is like being stuck and not being able to think what to say.