Autumn Heat Wave

Our area has been experiencing an autumn heat wave. It started as a late summer heat wave, as we've been warm since Labour Day weekend, but this past week or so has been more like late July, or early August weather. But, the forecasters are telling us that today should be the last full day of the autumn heat wave of 2017. Anyone who works outside will be relieved, anyone who was hoping for 1 more weekend of it will be disappointed. I'm ready for the shift in the weather. The high pressure that has dominated our area will shift easterly and cooler air will replace it. It will feel more seasonal and gone will be the autumn heat wave.
We are having this horrible humid weather, I am done with it, lol I want me some cool fall weather.
That's what we've been experiencing. Although I like the warm weather, this is a little over-kill here and most of us are ready for cooler weather, which is still very enjoyable.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I'm in Maine, Belle. Same thing here. Last day of it, though. Yay.
@BelleStarr I hope you get it soon. We are cooler today, so hopefully our nice weather will reach you by tomorrow.
Ours 'broke' today, finally. The last 7 days have been 92, 93, 93, 92, 93, 91, and 92. Today, it is supposed to be 81.
Oh, that sounds like such a nice temperature! Tomorrow is supposed to be our change day. There is a bit of rain in the forecast, but we've had so little, and its sad because my car needs a bath! Enjoy the cooler day today.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Even 81 is too warm for me. I'm more of a 50s and 60s girl.
@Raelove There's a real nice breeze at the moment, 73 and a bit cloudy but nice
It's warm but not hot, this is the perfect temperature for me, warm enough not to need to heat the house, but not so hot you sweat staying inside.
I'm looking forward to the daytime highs dropping significantly and the humidity also. This is more like late July or early August weather. The school boards are reporting difficulty with the students in schools that are not air conditioned, and I saw a father on the news that took his daughter out of school so that they could spend a day at the beach. I don't know if she would have missed anything since there looked like a lot of other school-aged kids on that beach too.
@Juliaacv The schools do not have air conditioning here, as they stop at the end of June and re open at the end of August.
@LadyDuck Where we used to live the schools had a/c, mostly because of age. When they budgeted for new hvac systems they had it installed then. And it did make a huge difference in the life of a student, especially that last month of the school year-June, and again in September, the first month back again. And I would imagine that summer school, held for 6 weeks each July and August was easier on everyone also.
@HazySue (21394)
Fall is my favorite season. The air is cooler, usually, and the colors that Autumn offers to us are beautiful. Down here in Florida we miss a lot of the colors and most of the cooler air. I am so glad you have it where you are. Enjoy.
We probably won't enjoy the colours like we usually do. They are telling us that without the cool nights and warm days that is impossible. The leaves are turning brown on the trees and falling from the dry and hot conditions. Running the a/c during late September and going to the beach and wearing flip flops is just so not the norm here in our corner of Ontario. But the forecast was for a warm autumn, so far that has been true.
@shubhu3 (14279)
• New Delhi, India
That's good. Wait for the cooler air.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I don't know where in Canada you are, but we seem to be having the same weather. Here, we've also gotten the humidity from two hurricanes as they head out to sea, and today will be another uncomfortable one, BUT, also the last one. Temps are supposed to drop overnight and be much lower tomorrow. I can't wait, as I am NOT a warm weather person at all.
No, I'm not a warm weather person, and the high humidity makes me very weak. I'm in Southern Ontario, and since we are in the middle of the Great Lakes, humidity is a given. But they are saying that today should be the last day of the autumn heat wave.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@Juliaacv Same here, and the wind is up now which will usher in the cooler air. The heat and humidity sap me of all my energy. And the cooler weather always perks me up. Can't get here soon enough. This was one of the longest hottest summers I've lived through in a long time.
@Raelove Our summer was not as hot as we usually experience, although we did have a couple of heat waves, the rest of the summer was a little on the cooler side.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
We just had a week of 90's temps too but today thankfully it's in the lower 70's I am so glad I can now do things outside again.
It was so unseasonable wasn't it?
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv Yes it sure was, we sure have messed up Mother Earth.
@fishtiger58 Sadly, you are so right. We have to do what we can to fix that.
I'm glad you're finally feeling some relief from the heat. I was also happy when I looked at the weather this morning and saw we've gone down about twenty degrees since yesterday. It felt so nice going to the pool this morning.
The winds of change are blowing in now, so hopefully tomorrow will be nicer.
@Juliaacv We have a nice day today so I hope you do too.
@just4him We had a nice day. I've the Green Bay game on right now, you had a bad storm pass thru. The fans are just filing back into the stands after the evacuation.
• Pleasant Hill, California
We're receiving the same news here. I'm hoping to go swimming again tonight.
It will be too cool for swimming here once the cooler air arrives.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Juliaacv Tonight, it is warm. Tomorrow, the cooler air is supposed to arrive. We may get one more heatwave after this one.
Its been warm (75-80) here for 4-6 days now but as of saturday supposed to be in 60s again.
I like the warm temperatures that you mentioned, I hope that our cool down comes tomorrow.
@Juliaacv i like it.. for summer. Not fall. Lol
We have days ahead that will cooler too. I am very happy about that. I do not like heat at all.
You, and me and Molly, we all are wishing for the cooler and drier air.
@Platespinner (16522)
We've been having a heatwave of our own this month. Like you, ours is supposed to end by the weekend. I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to summertime heat and having to run the AC constantly!
I know, I am looking forward to being able to open the windows and let the fresh air flow thru the house. But I don't think that we'd have been very comfortable without the a/c these past few weeks.
@Juliaacv Our big front windows catch the late afternoon sun, and it can get REALLY warm in here this time of year.
@SanyoSan (513)
• Sri Lanka
Winter is coming
Not here and not this week it isn't.
@SanyoSan (513)
• Sri Lanka
@Juliaacv You'll find it at winterhell
@salonga (28016)
The weather is truly hard to spell these days. We here are having a swift shift from hot to rainy. I pray we all could cope with the changes in weather.
We are going from hot to seasonable, finally.
Can't wait for the cooler air.
Oh I hear you, tomorrow we'll wake up to it I believe!
I am glad for you, but we are still in the heat and I do love it, about to push mow at a rental house , this was the temp Sunday evening.
That is so hot, and we've been having the same heat and humidity here too. You be careful mowing in this heat!!! No heat-stroke for you please drink plenty of cool drinks along the way.
Before you know it, it will be snow and you will miss the warmth.
I'll take my chances, I like winter more then summer.
we had a heat wave.Temp in the nineties monday and today.Cooling off tomorrow. Did not mind it.Going to enjoy it while we can.
I don't like the heat during the summer so I really don't like it now when it should be cooler and nice. This is MY time of the year, but tomorrow should be MY weather, as it will be cooler and nicer.
Yes, we had great weather in early September but then the heat arrived and we have had some of the hottest days of the year this past week. Looking forward also to the cooler weather.
You must really be looking forward to it after coming from the Oven, or should I say Florida?
I am ready for cooler weather too but we won't get it until November...unfortunately.
This is so unseasonable for us. We usually have warm days but cool nights and that is what causes the leaves on the trees to change from green into those brilliant colours of red, amber and gold. But not this year, they are actually falling from the trees brown, and that is due to the dry and hot conditions.