Siblings relationship, how close are you?

@Phelly02 (467)
I have 3 siblings 1 older brother and 2 younger sisters. Me and my brother have a 1 year gap. Back in childhood me and my brother will always had a fight not just with words but fist and kicks too. I don't know but we always end up fighting after a game. But we really are close our neighbors often get jealous of our relationship because we have this "away-bati" (fight and reconcile) relationship. Me and my sisters are close as well, though we had 6 years gap, I enjoy the benefits of being an older sister. Though I'm older my sister next to is more mature and acts like my grandmother. She is so proper, that is why i like to tease her but she is so sweet. My youngest sister is the silent and shy type, she often confides to me and ask for advice. She wouldn't argue with me and believes what I say. We may be separated now because of work or marriage, but we are still close and if we had a chance to meet like Christmas and Fiesta we always make a time to bond with each other. How about you? Do you have close relationship with your siblings?
@ilocosboy (34344)
We are very close. I'm the eldest and second to me is the only girl, the our youngest is also a male. When we were kids me and my siblings went together to church because we are member of choir then, even there's typhoon we go. Things change now but we're still very close.
so you're a singer, too?
@Phelly02 (467)
@ilocosboy It is always nice to see siblings doing things together. It's a good thing that you all involve in a church choir.
@ilocosboy (34344)
@Phelly02 when we were just kids, that was 30 years ago, now no more.
@rubyriaz007 (3059)
Yes I have very close relation with my siblings.I enjoy spending time with them .We play games, watch movies,go out , have icecreams ,go for parties. And on festivals we get together and enjoy a lot..
@Phelly02 (467)
@rubyriaz007 Its always nice to hang out with siblings since you know what their likes already and it is always fun.
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Good bonding my friend
@Phelly02 (467)
@stbrians Yes you are right :)
@Prshnth (946)
• Bangalore, India
Me and my brother were real bro's like we were really close but as we grow up its kind of become awkward. now we talk very less..that naturality is not there
@Phelly02 (467)
@Prshnth May be it's hard for boys when they grow up, because boys don't share their everyday life to their siblings like girls do.
@peachpurple (12372)
yup, younger days and older days are different, the feeling is not there anymore
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Revive the friendship. It is necessary for family bonding
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
I have one brother and one sister and I am.very close to both of them and their spouses as well. We make it s point to go for a holiday at least once a year . I am particular that our children remain close and cordial ..
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Nurture that habit and it is god for the family and chikdren
@wongchoiyee (7225)
Yes, my brother moved out because he got married last year and I kinda miss him too very often. He was a good boy when he was young.
@Kind4321 (852)
• Nairobi, Kenya
We are three in our family and i am the only girl.My first born brother is married but we were pretty close then.Now i had to keep my distance a bit and let him be a husband and a father.My younger brother well he is afraid of doing wrong things in my presence and he cannot tell me details about his social life because i am like a mother to him.When he was growing up i used to punish him when he does wrong and i guess that's why he is not always free to relate with me.But all in all i love them.
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
You were harassing your younger bro then
@Kind4321 (852)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@stbrians hahaha!No.I would'nt call it harrassing but discipline
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@Kind4321 That is your perspective. See it as they will see
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Close people do fight always. I do not know why
@Phelly02 (467)
@stbrians Yes, but they always reconcile in the end. I always reconcile with them every time we fight.
@stbrians (11790)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@Phelly02 Reconciliation is good. Was it not even better if you look for the cause of the fight and avoid it?
@Llorakay (242)
• Makati, Philippines
Yes I have two older sisters, too close, but im away from them because I cleave with my husband. So we still have phone communication and I go home thrice a week just to be with them
@Phelly02 (467)
@Llorakay It's a good thing that you still find to communicate with them and visited always.
@kepweng (11282)
its hard friend
@Phelly02 (467)
@kepweng, its really different from each siblings. I"m just lucky to have them :)
@renicemae (2978)
You made me laugh there sister! I admit that I am more matured among us four. I hope we could bond again this christmas
@nangayo (2340)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am closer to my siblings but marriage has made us take long to see each other. Living in different towns which is far from each other has also made it difficult to meet as much as before.
@Phelly02 (467)
@nangayo I feel you, we are in the same boat. But I still communicate with them thru text, call or chat. :)
@nangayo (2340)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Phelly02 Actually we communicate but sometimes by the time you meet them face to face their children are so grown up. I have a brother whom i have not seem for about two years. He is ever busy even during the Christmas holidays when siblings mostly get the chance to meet each other.
@kamzbd (456)
I am really happy after read your post. really your sibling relationship was very nice. Yes I have a close relationship siblings with my sisters.
@Phelly02 (467)
@kamzbd Yes we are thanks. and your also lucky to have a close relationship with your siblings as well :)
@kamzbd (456)
@Phelly02 you wellcom
@peachpurple (12372)
nope, I have one and only younger brother. Our age gap is 2 years apart. Not much but our relationship is North and South, a million miles away. After I was married, he hated me for leaving my parents to him to care for. That is why we became distant.
@Phelly02 (467)
@peachpurple It's sad but hate is a very strong. You didn't leave them purposely though you married and had to stay with your new family now, your not at fault.
• Calgary, Alberta
I haven't talked to them for 7 years. I already cut out my family from my life.
@Kosgey (1214)
We had but it has been long since we met.