Stopping By To Say Hello

I don't know how I did it but I pulled my back out two days ago. I thought it would have gotten better but it seems as if it's going to take longer than expected. I really can't sit at the computer so my time here is very limited until my back gets better. Have you ever pulled your back out? It's painful and oh so inconvenient. All the things you take for granted you can't do and it's just a reminder to not take our bodies for granted. Hope everyone is doing well. The sun is shining here so at least it's isn't a dark, dismal rainy day to add to my sad state of affairs.
Hope your back feels better soon.
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be back to kicking up my heels in a few days
@Marilynda1225 Good to hear!
I Am helped a lot by Naproxen (Aleve).
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I pulled a muscle in my foot last night and it hurrrrrts
Ouch!! That's sounds very painful
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marilynda1225 it's better now not all the way, but still better
@thislittlepennyearns glad to hear your foot is getting better
• Portland, Connecticut
Backs are one of those things that we take for granted until they hurt us and then we realize how important it is to our mobility and our comfort. I hope it is back to normal again soon.
I'm sure with rest it will be back to good as new in a few days.
Oh No! I hope it gets better soon, have you applied any biofeeeze? that stuff is awesome!
I never tried biofreeze but if you say its awesome I'll have to get some. Usually I rely on alternating ice and heat and maybe some Aspercreme
So sorry for your poor back. Yes, I did pulled my back years ago and went to see a good chiropractor for it.
I have to look for a chiropractor here. I had one when I lived in NY and he was wonderful
I have pulled my back out before. It really slows a person down. It heals, but slowly.
It heals much too slow!y . its so difficult to do anything
@Marilynda1225 It is. I never had a back spasm before, but I just turned to talk to my husband a few months ago, and I experienced the pain from a back spasm. I walked bent over for a week with that. I did not know people could have back spasms.
@Corbin5 wow a back spasm does sound very painful. I know the walking bent over though as many times I've pulled my back out and can't stand up straight. I'm having a difficult time standing, sitting and definitely can't bend over. Sleeping has been the worse since I can't get comfortable either laying in bed or sitting in the recliner. Oh well, such is life and I know it's something that will heal as long as I don't try to do too much too soon.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
Yes I certainly have pulled my back out doing something I have done everyday of my life, putting on a shirt. I have done it twice now. The one time is was so bad I could hardly take a breath. It's hell getting old.
Getting old is no fun lol
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@Marilynda1225 Nope not much lol.
I understand what you are saying about taking things for granted. Whenever I would hurt my foot and am out of commission for a period of time and think I would give anything to have my foot in good working condition. It is very hard when we hurt any part of our body and are out of commission for a period of time.
You said exactly what I was thinking. We take our body for granted and expect it all to function.
@Marilynda1225 You are right Marilyn.
• Midland, Michigan
I've messed up my back before, but I'm not sure that I pulled it out. A few times when I bent down to pick something up off the floor I sort of got stuck in a weird position until I was able to work it out. A few years ago I got a type of sciatica along with my walk turning into a limp because of how bad my knee got before I got it replaced. That messed up my back too. I began going to a chiropractor this summer and am already down to only needing a monthly adjustment. My doctor tried to help me out, but I'm not limber enough for his type of adjustments.
I love the chiropractor and I had a great one when I lived in NY. He was able to get me up and walking pretty well when this would happen but I haven't found one here since I moved. Guess I should look for one as I do think chiropractors can do wonders. Glad to hear that you're doing well and only having to go for a monthly adjustment is awesome.
• Midland, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 I hope you can find someone that works for you again there. It may take several visits before you know whether they will help or not. I was surprised how quickly they recommended me space out my visits as I didn't think I was good enough yet. Although once I did what was recommended I found that I was able to manage longer and longer.
I hope the pain is gone soon! I don;t know if you can call it that i threw out my back, but do often have pain in the lower part. I have a problem of bad pain when standing too long or walk too long. I hope you are better soon!
Thanks for your good wishes. I'm sure back pain is one of those things almost everyone can relate to.
@Marilynda1225 yes as my dad had to have a spinal stimulator on his back he knew the back pain that was unbearable the last ten years or so of his life. Is your back better now?I'm sending good thoughts and wishes your way!
sorry to hear that you still having problems there.are you taking or doing anything for t his.
I'm resting and alternating ice and heat. Can't really take anything as it interferes with one of my medications
@Marilynda1225 that is a bummer
I have not.. i hope its better soon.
Thanks. I'll be good as new in a few days
@kobesbuddy (16635)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I feel bad that you pulled your back out! Everything in our entire body, depends on our back, for support:( Get better soon
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple of days
@kobesbuddy (16635)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 I had a backache once and it was terrible!:(
@prashu228 (21974)
Hope you are feeling better now. My day is going good
Glad you're having a good day. I'm getting better little by little
@Phelly02 (474)
Hope your feeling better now :)
Thank You for you kind wishes
I've pulled muscles in my back before and they snap back into place eventually. Sometimes I have to sit down and not move.
It's crazy isn't it.
Get well soon and, things are good here, just getting ready to watch the game.
Glad things are going well in your neck of the woods.
@Freelanzer (6413)
Oh I feel your pain. Yes I have had that happen more than once. Hope you feel better and take care.
Then you know how painful it is and how difficult it is to do anything
• Riga, Latvia
I sure hope your back feels much better soon. I haven't pulled my back but when I have had back pain I find that sleeping on a electric pillow giving me heat really helps. My day is ending now.
I think heat helps too so I use heat too but I don't sleep on it. My chiropractor told me to alternate between ice and heat so that seems to work somewhat but it still takes time to heal. UGH