Why stay in a hotel room for just one day or two at the beach?

Dallas, Texas
I don't understand why anyone would drive 500 miles from their home to spend a day or two at the beach and pay extra for a room they will only sleep in at some hotel. If you were going to spend a day or two at the beach and were driving, would you even think of paying an extra hundred bucks just to sleep when what you really want is to spend all that time basking in sunlight and drinking your favorite beverages just chillin' out and watching all the sunbathers and surfers? Get real. It is only a problem finding a parking space for your car or SUV that will give you something to complain about. Here is a relevant article on this topic to look at:
Because we shouldn't have to pay to sink our toes in that sand.
@nanette64 (13153)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'd just be sleeping on the beach @lookatdesktop .
• Dallas, Texas
I would have to find a shady palm tree to get under as my skin is much too sensitive. LOL
@nanette64 (13153)
• Fairfield, Texas
@lookatdesktop Yeah, no kidding.
• Dallas, Texas
@nanette64 , I surely don't want to return home with a bad case of sunburn. I burn very easily. I am allergic to certain sun blocker creams and just can't stand the feeling of sunblock lotion on my skin. I might buy a bottle of basic sunblock for hands and arms and neck when spending the day out at the fair.
@crossbones27 (14889)
• Redlands, California
You make a good point, how corporate America wants it. Some beaches you can camp and some bring RV'S. If you cannot do either of those and want to stay a couple of nights. You will get extremely tired from being in the sun all day. Either sleep in your car, know someone who lives their or stay in a hotel is all you have left.
• Dallas, Texas
Yea. Sometimes a hotel is the only realistic option.
• Redlands, California
@lookatdesktop Sad to say, I mean one could try to sleep on the beach, but never fun having cops wake you up at 2 in the morning.
• Dallas, Texas
@crossbones27 , No that would be just plain bad news.
The beach is only an hour away so we go there for a couple of hours and than come back home.
• Dallas, Texas
Wow, like almost within walking distance. Nice.
@lookatdesktop We have been there twice now. I like visiting all of the lighthouses.
• Dallas, Texas
@jstory07 , Do you get to go up inside to the top of those lighthouses? If so it must be exciting to look at.
I just read the article and how true! I'm lucky to know the ins and outs of free parking in Florida and here in Connecticut. There is nothing I like more than the beach!
• Dallas, Texas
The people are fun as well. Everybody getting into the sun and sand and surf but I myself just like to lay on a nice lounge chair and sip on several cold ones. But under some kind of shade tree if at all possible. lol
@lookatdesktop I love swimming in the ocean, walking on the beach, and tanning. Oh, and eating and drinking!
• Riga, Latvia
Day in the shade and night pitching a tent I suppose.
• Dallas, Texas
If they allow such things, yea. For sure.
@Scrapper88 (1030)
When I was younger; I was about an hour drive from the Oregon coast. Now; if I want to go to the Oregon coast; I will have to take a plane to get there.
• Dallas, Texas
Well you might want to, one day and revisit that area just to relive a good memory.
@LeaPea2417 (14677)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I understand what you mean. That is way to far to drive for 1 or 2 days at the beach.
@yanzalong (7784)
I would have stayed at least 4 days there.
• Preston, England
I would visit a beach but not to sunbathe - I'd want to swim and then explore the town - I burn too easily in sunlight