The villain plays the victim so well

@sol_cee (13566)
Japan
I have a group chat on FB Messenger with my classmates in high school. Every now and then, members send pictures of their new cars or their new-born babies. Most often than not, they gossip about our classmates’ posted pictures on FB and laugh about it. They haven’t grown even a bit, sad to say, despite the many years after graduation. They are still immature bullies. Yesterday, one of my classmates posted a picture of him and his new boyfriend on FB. He is gay, proud of it and is flaunting it. His new bf is somewhat younger than him but I didn’t mind. Well, a member of the group chat dragged the couple’s picture and posted it there for others to see. The bullies feasted. Some labelled my gay classmate as a ‘corrupting minor’, and others mentioned about ‘child trafficking’. He tried to defend himself but what do you expect from them losers? They are deaf to their victim’s pleadings. As a result, he deleted the picture from his FB page. The bullies won. I’m still considering whether to leave the group chat or not.
Leave the group, 30 years from now they will still be immature bullies.
@kepweng (6287)
really true anna i have experiences many friends classmates like that grade school highschool even in college and they hurt me so much psycally and verbal abuse those people like That Dont need a nice friend
@kepweng Those guys will never grow up, they only take pleasure in bullying the others, better to let them alone.
@cahaya1983 (9415)
I don't know what you decided, but I would leave the group immediately. I can't stand a toxic environment like that, offline or online.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
I'm still there. I just muted the conversation. ;)
@sol_cee I've done that with a couple of my Whatsapp groups as well
@JustBhem (22350)
• Davao, Philippines
I have the same sentiments regarding with my bully high school friends. We also have this group chat on messenger. The ever bully is the one who gave me the iPhone. I just ignore them.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Oh. The bully then doesn't bully you because you are friends.
@JustBhem (22350)
• Davao, Philippines
@sol_cee He doesn't care to bully me because he knows I am the BULLY of them all. Lol.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is so sad, Sol. I can't abide bullies! Why can't they just live and let live @sol_cee .
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Nobody bullies you, I bet. ;)
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@sol_cee , they could try, but the result would not be pretty ;)
@YrNemo (8429)
Thought I left a comment for this before, but perhaps I left it in the sink in the kitchen instead . I avoid FB for that reason.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
What did you do with the sink? It’s gone! Lol
@YrNemo (8429)
@sol_cee Let me go look for it OK .
Our high school batch created this group chat on fb and I saw the same thing you did. I left the group.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
And you never looked back. ;)
@sol_cee Not at all. Even just for a second.
@hereandthere (24029)
it's the gossiping behind your back and sharing your stuff with others without your knowledge that made me wary of it.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
That's what I'm thinking. I'm in the group chat but I don't comment anything. Just observe what is happening.
@sol_cee keep it light, keep it neutral.
@AliCanary (1753)
Wow, I'm surprised HE didn't leave the chat. I don't know whether I would leave or just stay and yell at everyone for being jerks, lol
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
He’s still there. Me too. Maybe I like stalking. ;)
@acelawrites (10750)
Good thing he just deleted his picture. Your schoolmates act like children up to now! They're not a good friends online.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
They make fun of him. I wonder who the next victim will be. :(
@kiran8 (15167)
• Mangalore, India
That's really sad , people are judgmental no matter where.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
True. Regardless of size, shape and color.
• Riga, Latvia
I think you should definitely leave the chat. These are terribly immature people and they do not care about anyone's feelings.
@Shellyann36 (8619)
That group sounds awful! I would leave it.
@ridingbet (37813)
i wonder if those cyberbullies have no skeletons in their closets?
Our HS batch has a chat group also. Usually, those who are active there are those wives married to rich men. They would talk about what country to visit. I just would always see what they are talking about. Funny, how they flaunt their richness.
@epiffanie (8339)
Wow! if that is what's happening in your group, it's not worth your time hanging around there then.. ...
@responsiveme (14417)
I hate big groups because of this type of things too. Enjoy my small closed circle in WhatsApp different groups
@salonga (27965)
Obviously it is not a good group to get involved with.
@FayeHazel (11533)
That's too bad. Maybe you could make a new group chat w/o the bullies
That's sad that people would bully him for being gay.
@Tracy04 (10691)
That's why I don't have fb, too many dramas and bullying there. I'm sure when the bullies goes to mylot, they got banned for sure.