My cup sparked in my microwave!

Cup
@pitstop (4895)
India
September 30, 2017 1:24am CST
I have these lovely cups someone gifted to me and I decided to use them for coffee. As the coffee cooled down, I tried to microwave the coffee. Within seconds I saw Sparks in the microwave and quickly turned it off. Looks like the cup has some gold design which caused this. Thankfully the cup and the microwave are safe!!
6 people like this
10 responses
@Teekaaa (2543)
• Chennai, India
30 Sep
Glad that you saved your gifts... They look very nice.m
4 people like this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Thankfully the little accident in the microwave didn't destroy them.
2 people like this
@shubhu3 (13571)
• New Delhi, India
30 Sep
They are beautiful.
2 people like this
@stbrians (11882)
• Kakamega, Kenya
30 Sep
Did you see the post
2 people like this
@shubhu3 (13571)
• New Delhi, India
30 Sep
@stbrians Yeah.
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Thank you. I love them too.
1 person likes this
@Hannihar (12729)
4 Dec
You were very lucky that there was no other damage done besides the sparks. I bet that was scary.
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
5 Dec
It was barely a second. So thankfully nothing happened after that.
@Hannihar (12729)
6 Dec
@pitstop That is good that you quickly reacted pitstop.
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
6 Dec
@Hannihar yup. I was right next to the microwave and thankfully didn't walk away after switching on the microwave.
@JolietJake (41287)
30 Sep
Yep, it would be the gold on the cups doing that
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Hope it doesn't damage the gold. It was only a brief second.
1 person likes this
@JolietJake (41287)
30 Sep
@pitstop It should be okay although there may be a small mark where it sparked from
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
@JolietJake I'll have a careful look and see.
1 person likes this
@hereandthere (24138)
• Philippines
30 Sep
i've never heard of something like that. i wonder if it really was the gold?
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Anything metallic can cause a spark.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
30 Sep
@pitstop i see.
1 person likes this
@cahaya1983 (9593)
• Malaysia
4 Oct
Glad nothing bad happened! Good reminder for me to check what I put in the microwave next time.
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
5 Oct
The cops still look good.
1 person likes this
@prashu228 (22865)
• India
30 Sep
Oh.. i thought it broke. Yes the golden design may be the reason
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
1 Oct
It is still safe. I have to look carefully to see if there Was any black spots.
@rubyriaz007 (2507)
• India
30 Sep
very beautiful cup...
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Thank you. It does feel great to drink coffee every morning in it
1 person likes this
@stbrians (11882)
• Kakamega, Kenya
30 Sep
Be careful my friend
1 person likes this
@pitstop (4895)
• India
30 Sep
Thankfully I didn't walk off after I started the microwave and stopped it in a second.
@Tracy04 (10691)
• Malaysia
4 Oct
That sounds scary.