What Scholars should Think to Keep from Being 'Holier-than-Thou' Dissenters

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/45/c0/e645c089ebc9ac7d84e97f6d7ed44f4f.jpg
@mythociate (14736)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
On Facebook, I constantly have friends who 'tell people to pray for them,' 'tell friends they're "praying for them,"' and whine on-&-on about how 'our world needs a miracle ... despite the fact that God does nothing but give Man the power to do the miraculous works. But I have to remember the Scripture/hymn "Eye Has Not Seen." I know that Bible-thumpers take that Scripture as 'saying that God's got something so good we can't even imagine it!' but I also apply it to God's past-actions for us ... kinda the way your parents tell you 'what mommies & daddies do in bed to make babies,' but they don't tell you "how it goes"-etc.---things about 'the act' that you can't know unless you 'suffer' them. Using that 'Eye Has Not Seen'-interpretation, I'm aware also that "no one knows that whether their prayers are heard-or-not." (The way Jesus explained, 'they are heard, just not by God.) Maybe I'm the only 'Biblical scholar' to be aware of this truth and yet to remain "Christian." I think that's because of all the people who are absolutely convinced that their stories are absolutely true because they learned them from people who are absolutely convinced that their stories are absolutely true because they learned them from ... (not necessarily 'because Jesus' teachings support them). But just in case I'm not the only one, the others can just remember 'the people are only reminding each other that God gives them a way.' And "Amen" that!
Get sermon ideas from Dr. Ed Young by Eye Hath Not Seen. Download free sermons, preaching outlines and illustrations.
• Dallas, Texas
I see the truth in your post. And am humbled by it.