Drawing and Artwork: A Fun Pastime

@KrauseHome (33796)
I am sure there are many others out there like me, who also Love to draw and be creative. Maybe you have found a passion for this and sell your work on eBay, Etsy, or at Craft fairs etc around your place. The big one now is Painting, hiding, and Yes Selling rocks. I know I have considered it, and wondered if my work is good enough. In the past I have also drew, painted on Placques and sold them, etc. How many others here Love to Draw or paint maybe on rocks or canvas, and have Sold your work, or planning too? ~~TINA~~ P.S. Here is a Bear I did on a rock I am considering trying to sell.
I find that each persons art is of interest to someone, not everyone but to some. I do paint on canvas but its been a while, I will sell any of mine, maybe one day I will set up with the other artist and see what I cn do. I love your rock!
@KrauseHome (33796)
Thanks... This was a Fun one to do. I actually ended up deciding to keep it myself, but do have some I am trying to sell.
• Japan
I am not a visual artist but I compose music and sell it.
That is still artistic expression so what type of music @petatonicsca ?
Im not an artist sadly.
@KrauseHome (33796)
The thing with painting rocks, is you do not have to be an artist for someone to enjoy them. You can just write lines on them and someone will want them.
@KrauseHome oh i know. But id want thwm to look good.
@shubhu3 (13988)
• New Delhi, India
It is beautiful. I have started sketching from quite some time. I am.not really good at it. I am just a starter.
@Daelii (2785)
I love the bear! I've been painting rocks and hiding them with my family. It wouldn't be nice to sell a few rocks to help cover supplies but I'm not to worried about it just yet. So far God has been providing what we need!
@KrauseHome (33796)
I have not sold any yet myself. Have listed a couple on OfferUp but no bites yet. The thing is hiding them is so Big here that many probably do not want to pay anything for Rocks
@Daelii (2785)
@KrauseHome Well, there have been people that have been selling free rocks they find. So its kind of a win/lose situation. I figure if I enjoy painting it and sharing it, then whatever happens after is okay. If someone wants to keep it? cool! I'm glad they like it. They want to rehide it? cool, share it with others too. If they try selling it? then thats their karma to deal with.
@KrauseHome (33796)
@Daelii Yes, there is no way I would try selling another person's piece of Art on a rock. Especially one someone has given me for a Trade or just as a gift. The only rocks I would ever consider selling are those I have painted myself.
@CoralLevang (16126)
That's cute. I just found painted rock the other day! I'm going to go put it somewhere else. I have also painted rocks myself. There were a bunch of them that we did with a group and I put those up a long time ago and I'll have to see if I can find the link to share here with you.
@KrauseHome (33796)
That is cool. Painting them is a Great way to relieve some stress or take my mind off of if I am in pain or not feeling well, etc. We have painting rock groups here in Tacoma that meet like 2x a month at least, and it has been a lot of Fun. Matter of fact next Thursday we are exchanging Christmas rocks we have done.
@CoralLevang (16126)
@KrauseHome How fun that sounds! You'll take a photograph and share here, I hope.
@KrauseHome (33796)
@CoralLevang I can start sharing more of my trades or rocks if people want
I love to pain, on canvas, with acrylic or oil colors, it's something I always liked to do.
@KrauseHome (33796)
Painting is a great way to show off and share your creativity. Relaxing and enjoyable
@KrauseHome It's a great way to relax.
@BarBaraPrz (17995)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I used to be an artist but rarely sold anything. Now, I don't feel inspired to do anything.
@KrauseHome (33796)
That is how I felt when I first started painting rocks. Even up til just recently, I was sure no one would like or appreciate any of my rocks and want them. Then I found the more I did, the better I got and people actually enjoy seeing what I create.
I am interested in painting. If one day my painting can be sold, I would be very glad to it
@KrauseHome (33796)
Hey you never know unless you try, and get the word out there letting people know you have something for sale. Hopefully this can happen for you soon.
@kepweng (6917)
really true i love painting too and drawing
@peachpurple (11804)
Brilliant work piece! But how do you send the rock to your customer if he is not living in the same country as yours? Wouldn't the postal fee induce expensive fees?
@SAM774 (2400)
such a good piece of work ... all the best
Cute bear! I enjoy crewel, sketching, and oil and acrylic painting on canvas for my own pleasure.
@KrauseHome (33796)
That is a great thing as well. I never considered painting rocks til I tried it. It is so relaxing for me
He is cute in the animated sort of way-- perfect for kiddies so sell for sure and with my art work I am trying to do the same but not limiting my options for which venue to try and attract a sale from-- any suggestions ?
@ebanreb (4919)
nice one. you have a beautiful talent. Not all can draw. keep it up. draw more.
@ridingbet (39030)
i like the painting on the rock.
It seems that this activity can be fun with my little niece.