It's Cold Outside

@Morleyhunt (21389)
Woke this morning....far from home. The temperature is -2C. A couple of days ago it was a sweltering 34C. We didn't bring a scraper to clear the windows. Oops
• Uzbekistan
I'm positively surprised to see the degrees in Celsius from someone living on the North American continent. Does that mean that only US Americans use Fahrenheit?
In Canada they use the Metric system, not the US system.
• Uzbekistan
@LadyDuck I like Canadians! :-)
@MALUSE We Canadians are a bunch of "cool people", lots to love.
Outside here is 9 degrees celcius. Inside the house the thermostat read 64 Fahrenheit. It’s a fireplace morning.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
Bi don't need to know the exact temperature. That's why I can use either....I know 0C is 32F.....I know that 61F is 16C, again.....28C is 82F....below 0C is cold...over 28C is hot!
@Morleyhunt I hope your trip home goes smoothly. Please update us as to the success.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
@Morethanamom Made it home by 5:30. Now hubby and i need to discuss and then make a decision. I am sure you will hear.
@silvermist (20114)
That is too cold.Have you the necessary clothes that gives protection from cold?
@vandana7 (68509)
We never experience that, do we? LOL
@silvermist (20114)
@vandana7 Sometimes I do wish we have snowfall once in a while.
@vandana7 (68509)
@silvermist I have often wondered, when people go for vacations to foreign countries, they are practically hustled from one destination to another, as they have to finish watching what has been selected to be shown to them. There is no room for jet lag, and no room for enjoying the place as such, understanding everything about it. That can't be holiday. They need to go there, and stay..take long walks know what snow entails ...so that when they return, they are thankful for what they have. Instead, they end up talking about different structures they saw...sigh.
@wongchoiyee (7443)
Wear more clothes.
• Uzbekistan
Do you ever have temperatures below zero in your country?
@wongchoiyee Would you like to visit Canada?
@heyheyla (209)
• Aleppo, Syria
Suitable for eating ice cream
@vandana7 (68509)
Jesus...ice cream in that season...freezing from outside, freezing from inside..
@Morleyhunt (21389)
No, I generally eat my I e cream when it's hot outside. Last week I had ice cream!
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
I'm in the UK and although it's not cold it's so damp and drizzly. We didn't have a good summer either so the sunshine seems so far away. However -2C is very cold so I hope you are wrapped up warm.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
I put on a sweater. Once the van was warm...then it was time to start removing layers of clothes.
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
@Morleyhunt yeah it's hard to maintain the corrrect body temperature at times. I feel sick if I am too hot when I'm travelling.
It's cold out there, here it is cloudy with a little rain, but the temperature is in the 13 C.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
We watched the thermometer in the van climb and fall. Once it got up to 6C and mere moments later it was back to 1C. I guess it kept us entertained while driving.
@Morleyhunt We have very different temperature in the area even at very close distance. In winter we almost never go under 10 degrees Celsius, but a village at only 10 Km from us goes down to -22.
It is definitely a chilly morning, lots of frost this morning.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
We were still seeing frost along the roadside until about 10:00AM.
It was chilly here this morning too. A couple of the car windows were iced over.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
The windows were all covered with a layer of ice.
Talk about the frozen tundra.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
In our case it was a frozen Van.
Oh wow, that's really cold and I can't imagine that kind of temperature here. I'd die maybe.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
No, you don't die...you add a sweater or a coat.
@Morleyhunt Yeah I know lol but I'd still die. I hate cold temperature and the lowest temperature I've ever experienced was 17C.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
@toniganzon we don't even consider that sweater worthy. If I'm going for my morning walk. 10C is when I pull out my sweater.
@UncleJoe (11233)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I seldom use a scraper but prefer to let the car warm up and melt the frost. Then I get to slip into a warm car instead of shivering for the first couple of miles. I can take the heat but cold weather practically paralyzes me. Don't know how ya'll Canadians stand it.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
That's what we did. I started the van...turned the controls to defrost and the. We loaded the van... How do we deal with the cold? We do t really have much choice. We dress warm...and complain about the cold...or we just deal with it....its when you need to wear mittens in the house I tell my husband....its time to start the furnace.
@UncleJoe (11233)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Morleyhunt If Becky had to wear mittens in the house she would tell me it's time to MOVE.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
@UncleJoe my husband is always much warmer than I am. I've actually put on mittens to make him aware that it's time to bump the heat up.
I do not know Celsius i am sorry about it being so cold where you are located. It sounds cold if you need scapers on the windows! It is 44 degrees F here and quite brisk! Some areas in Northwestern Pa had a lot of frost. I shouldn't be getting any until October 11 the average first frost. Be warm and get home safely!
@Morleyhunt (21389)
It's cold at home too. -2C is about 28F. Unusual for this time of year...but I remember an October ...2013....we hat heavy wet snow (12") on October 12-13. It was a weather disaster. Some homes had no electricity for a week.
@Morleyhunt Those are frigid temperatures! The lowest cold temperature around here this morning is slightly south of us at 37 degrees F this morning!~ In my area, it is 44 degrees! i am going to do some research of earliest snow here as I do not remember any snows that occurred in October, but do remember a few in early to mid-November. i was in third grade when the November 12 snow occurred and remember the teacher telling us the storm was unusual that early, Don't know the rest of the dates in the past 40m years or so since then
That is a bit too frosty for me. I know that it is inevitable that we will get this weather. We were expecting a frost last night, but it didn't happen in the valleys. probably happened in the mountains though.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
We saw frost along the sides of the road and even in the pine trees as we travelled down the road.
@Morleyhunt brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
@shubhu3 (21159)
• New Delhi, India
The weather is really cold in your place.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
It was certainly cold overnight. It warmed back up to a out 16C at the warmest part of the day.
@shubhu3 (21159)
• New Delhi, India
@Morleyhunt Nights and mornings are much cooler than the afternoon time.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It’s not much warmer here. To think that it was 30-35 degrees a few days ago. It’s crazy.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
I do not care for winter. I tolerate it...do I have a choice? Tomorrow morning is supposed to be another frosty day.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Morleyhunt I’m not a fan of winter. I have to tolerate it. Not much choice. Hopefully it’s not too frosty.
@dramagirl26 (3333)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I thought it was getting colder in my area, but you've got me beat. How do you handle the cold weather?
@Morleyhunt (21389)
Do I have a choice? I put on a sweater....socks and shoes....when I go outside I add a coat...hat, mitts...boots, whatever is needed to stay warm. In the house I close the windows and start the furnace.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
The colder weather is one of main reasons why I do not want to up north.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
Our homes are designed to deal with the cold. You learn to dress for it. Sometimes it's easier when it's cold then when it's really hot.
@vandana7 (68509)
Within a couple of days it slipped that much? Where are you all?
@Morleyhunt (21389)
It did. I live in Canada. I travelled to the east coast. It cooled down almost that much at home too.
Good morning! I hope your day gets warmer and better. Be careful.
@Morleyhunt (21389)
The day did warm. Thank goodness the roads were fine. Tomorrow morning promises to be another frosty morning.