News Worth Watching

The Invictus Games conclude this weekend. They were held in Toronto, Ontario. And athletes from all over the world attended. I have enjoyed watching the news this past week as there seems to be more inspiring stories then those of doom and gloom. And of course these games are the brain child of Prince Harry, so he's been on the news quite often also. And who doesn't love to see and hear the Prince? We watched a documentary last evening on the athletes. Its amazing how the games and the sports unite the athletes and their families and friends. Its been very inspiring and encouraging to watch. Did you follow the games?
I have read about the Invictus Games and I have watched Prince Harry sharing popcorn with a cute little girl. He is a nice guy.
He does a great interview. He seems genuinely concerned about bringing peace to our world thru the athletes and their families, and the people interviewed seemed to together on it.
@Juliaacv I think he is a very nice guy, not snobbish, very simple and talk with simple words.
@LadyDuck He's a very down to earth guy, so many of the fine qualities that his mother had.
I have seen bit and pieces on this.But did not watch the games.
Its something isn't it? He is trying to unite people from all over the world, promoting peace as he goes. He sure is following in his mother's footsteps.
@Juliaacv yes.I wonder who had the red hair in the family?
@amadeo Probably the milk manOr should I say the Royal Milk Man.
I didn't know about them. I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Bruce Springsteen and Bryan Adams were the highlights of the closing ceremonies, each performed. That would have been wonderful to attend.
@Juliaacv I never liked Bruce Springsteen, and I've only heard of Bryan Adams. I'm sure the closing ceremonies were good.
@just4him Oh, I think that we have different musical tastes. We saw Bryan Adams (who is Canadian) in concert a couple of years ago, we've listened to his music for 3 decades and it was nice to listen to it live. Bruce's older stuff I do prefer over the newer stuff. He had a great sax player who has since passed.
Never even heard of them .. wonder is it just a thing for there or not
There are 17 countries with athletes participating.
@Juliaacv hmm. Weird
I have not heard a thing about the games here in the states, our news is too busy bashing the president to provide any good news.
It is a nice reprieve from the usual news and I think for me anyways, that is why it is such welcomed news. Those that participated in the games, including those from the US, all state how it brings everyone who suffered from war injuries together, when most returned to their homelands and were forgotten about. They all need this so very badly. Its a shame how many are treated and forgotten about.
@Elizaby (3657)
• Pensacola, Florida
I have seen the news reports and how the Invictus games have gron in the last several years. Prince Harry is following his Mother's footsteps is works like these games for wounded soilders
Yes he certainly is.
I haven't heard anything about them.
They took place in Toronto and there was representation from 17 different countries.
I have never watched the games, but have seen bits of information regarding the games on the news.
I didn't watch any of the competitions themselves, but it is so nice to see the athletes and their families on the news. We cannot have enough of these stories, men and women who fought for their countries and are overcoming their battle scars thru sports. And finding a common ground over it, that's wonderful. And of course who doesn't like to see Prince Harry in the news!
I haven't watched any of the games but I do like Prince Harry. He is very down to earth
He really seems to exhibit a lot of goodness towards everyone, a lot like his mother was. And so easy on the eyes!
No I have not heard of them before now. Harry needs a wife!
He's sweet on a Canadian lady, there have been quite a few sightings.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
i knew they were going on but was stuck in my studio getting ready for the Thanksgiving Show. I should have taped what was on the TV but didn't think of it until it was too late.
Lisa LaFlamme hosted a really interesting interview with the Prince and some of the athletes, hopefully that will air again and you can catch it. The Prince really is his mother's son, so concerned about peacefulness in our world.
I have read a bit about them but haven't watched any of the games.
I've not seen any of the actual competitions, but the news reports on them and the stories surrounding the athletes and their families and friends.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I haven't seen them this time...but enjoy some of the highlights I saw last time.... and lije you say...it really helps the athletes