Change

Pleasant Hill, California
My young friend's sharp eyes caught an unexpected visitor in the grass the other day. We both found it strange that the mantis had chosen to be a leaf, rather then the grass. She was there for a couple of days, and we were always able to find her. I realized that it symbolized something that's changing in me. For years, I've enjoyed being invisible in the bands I play in. I liked being on bass, and being in the back. I never wanted to be the one bantering with the audience, introducing songs, etc. But recently, I've noticed that I've been talking more, making jokes, providing context for songs, and changing the band's "personality" somewhat. Maybe it's because I've become more comfortable performing, or maybe it's because I can see when we're being too serious and losing the audience. A friend said he noticed the change when he came to see the Wranglers last night. Can you think of ways in which your personality has changed, either at home, in social settings, selling your art, or at work? Oh, here's a link to my Western Swing band on YouTube with me playing bass and singing lead. Did I mention that that's me playing bass and singing lead? Me me me.
Courtesy:The Diablo Rhythm Wranglers
• Denmark
Other people may be able to comment on my behaviour. I can't.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I haven't know you long enough to comment on change.
@vandana7 (57186)
I have known you on bubblews, and here. Honestly, I have found marginal change in you. You now join in jokes. Other than that, you are the same logical up to point self, triggering reasoning, and of course, your command over English is superb.
• Denmark
@TheHorse It would be extraordinary if you could make a telediagnosis about a character change. You could write a paper on it and send it to a famous magazine on psychology and thusly become famous.
I say "No," a lot more than I used to. I find "No" allows for more freedom for me.
@vandana7 (57186)
@TheHorse I have to agree there...there is a sense of putting ourselves down when we do not stand up for ourselves. At times, the battle lasts long. But standing up for yourself is worth it. Nobody is going to do it for you..so you might as well do it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Yep. I seem to be getting better at it.
@vandana7 (57186)
@TheHorse Just don't do it with me...I am too bossy.
@FourWalls (9475)
Who is that singing lead on "Take Me Back to Tulsa"? Good version! As for the question, I feel as though I'm focusing more on the "now," thanks to prayer and meditation. I also feel like my depression isn't nearly as bad.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's me singing lead on Take Me Back to Tulsa. I like it because I sing so many "serious " songs (like Prine's Paradise). I like doing something that's silly now and again. This is basically a nonsense song written by Bob Wills to accompany a simple musical progression.
@FourWalls (9475)
@TheHorse — many of those songs were “nonsensical,” sort of to replace a square dance caller.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@FourWalls Probably so! Just keep the folks havin' a good time.
@CoralLevang (39689)
I need to set up my new computer so I can read this properly. But I just wanted to let you know that I did see it.
@vandana7 (57186)
Blink...see..Blink when did you go to his place to "see" or "sea"...
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll believe that when I see a heartfelt, thoughtful comment (pouting emoji).
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Um...I am utterly befuddled.
@vandana7 (57186)
Should I take credit for boxing your ears pony ji, or was it spanking on your butt that worked? You sure are like that toy that works with such actions. Evil Grin..
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well, you've helped me get my stuff out there, and you've told me that you enjoy it. Even if almost every picture you choose for our videos is ridiculous. Need I attach yet another picture of my glorious butt?
@vandana7 (57186)
@TheHorse I did not know you had a feminine butt..and neck...and...ah well...you know the rest.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 And I'm swimming more to get my girlish figure back. Hmm.
@spiderdust (2710)
• San Jose, California
Hey, nice song (and singing)!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hey, thanks! We do have a good time (most of the time).
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse Is that your YouTube channel? The picture for it didn't quite look like you, although the guy at the piano in the video did.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@spiderdust It's actually a channel set up by some MyLot friends from India! The longer haired picture is me 10 years ago. I sliced it off shortly after that.
I don't see a change.
• Pleasant Hill, California
A change in what? Me? My posting style hasn't changed.
@TheHorse ......In anything but the weather.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@celticeagle Well, I've seen a few changes...
Thank you for the link, when back home I am going to listen, I am now at the hospital on my laptop with a slow connection. I am not sick, I am waiting for my husband, he has tests.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hope the tests reveal only good things.
@TheHorse I liked the song. Have I changed? I should ask to my friends and to my husband. I do not think I changed a lot. I procrastinate less, I have improved my cooking skills, but I am still shy. It seems that my husband is healthy, but for the moment they cannot find the reason of his vertigo and why he loses balance... more tests to come.
Oh yes! I am a landlady and I had many landladies before I became one. I refuse to be a total bi tch like most of mine were when I report something needed fixed. Where they find it as " I will die if this is not done NOW!" I work as calm as possible, and as I do this I see they are " cooling off" and I will try to help over the phone or in person as much as my skills allow and let them know I will call the repair guy. But I have it in my lease that I do not unstop toilets and sinks, that is what draino is for. I am quiet the actress at work
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's also why God made plungers. And physics. The vacuum suction of a plunger can work wonders.
@PainsOnSlate (19008)
I can't think of a time I was shy, I was always out in front of people and felt comfortable, even on stage. I have been selling my art for years, in my old age I have found a store that is awesome in selling my art because they put it in the windows. Two days ago I showed up with more slate for them and there were a half dozen reading my art through the glass, They sell fast, so It doesn't even bother me anymore if someone take a photo of my art. I used to blow a gasket when that happened... I'm glad you are showing yourself more than in the past, It doesn't hurt to be out front, it can be a lot of fun. Love the Mantis too....
• Pleasant Hill, California
Its a good feeling when your art (whatever the art) is accepted by others. And it's extra cool to be able to do it in your own time. I just got a pair of speakers in today. Maybe I'll work on them. Maybe I won't.
@fishtiger58 (30279)
• Momence, Illinois
I think since I got older I am more easy going, things don't bother me as much as they used to.
@fishtiger58 (30279)
• Momence, Illinois
@TheHorse Well that goes without saying, commercials make me absolutely nuts. Shove it down my throat I'm pretty sure I will never buy you product.
• Eugene, Oregon
Sounded great! I grew up hearing Bob Wills and he would have approved, I'm sure.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks! That's high praise. Of course, they tend to do things faster. I want to do more "silly" Swing songs like Ugly and Slouchy. I tend to be pretty serious in my song selection. I don't want to be a "whiny folky."
Like and Subscribe for more songs and videos :)
That was good. I quite liked it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad you liked it!
@ptrikha_2 (5698)
In some dealings even I am less of an introvert and try to talk more. May be I have got more experienced or may be job pressure is making me more proactive.
• Pleasant Hill, California
For me, it may just be the "don't give a sh*t" that comes with impending old age. Not sure.
Is that you playing bass and singing lead? My, what a big...chicken you have.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I love choking that thing. I prefer upright to rock bass.
@kepweng (5781)
be careful with praying mantis its have a poison in that sharp hands