Mysteries, puzzles, riddles- Are you good at solving them?

Pixabay
@1hopefulman (20483)
I used to be really good at solving mysteries, puzzles and riddles when I was young. Last night I watched the first of a 6 part series called The Disappearance. It was about the disappearance of a young boy. It was really well-made and well-acted. I can't wait for the next part. I hope it doesn't get too creepy or violent because if it does, I won't watch the rest. Did you see it? Do you like to solve mysteries, puzzles, riddles? Are you good at it? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you know that the Bible is full of mysteries, puzzles, and riddles? It starts of with a puzzle. Genesis 3:15 New International Version 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Who is the "you", the "woman", the "offsprings", the "head" and the "heel"? Proverbs 1:6 New International Version 6 for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
Premiering October 1 on CTV, the original series stars Aden Young (RECTIFY), Peter Coyote (E.T.) and Camille Sullivan (THE MAN IN HIGH CASTLE).
@crossbones27 (15247)
• Redlands, California
Interesting, terrible at them always have been terrible and remember in school they used to try to tell us this is a way to determine how smart you are. My problem is never saw the purpose for them. It just does not translate in real life. They can be fun and maybe they can help develop a young child's mind, but kind of a waste of time in terms of actual teaching kids for the real world, unless they are just building character. My opinion of course
@1hopefulman (20483)
Yes, mysteries, riddles and puzzles are very good activity for the mind. It could be called mental exercises and with keep one's mind healthy and working for a long time.
@JWMURP (44)
We are different. Some like and are good at puzzles,,,does not make us better or worse either way,,,just different
@1hopefulman (20483)
@JWMURP That is so true!
I do like them, but I'm not always good at them. I consider myself lucky when I can figure them out.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Everyone has different talents.
@1hopefulman Yes, they do.
@1hopefulman (20483)
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
I like watching mystery movies.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Have you seen The Disappearance?
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
@1hopefulman Nope, I haven't. But it's on my pending.
@1hopefulman (20483)
@JustBhem I wish you were watching it as it develops and we could try to figure out as to why the boy has disappeared. I have a feeling that the boy might be involved in his own disappearance.
@RubyHawk (21391)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I like to guess who did it in mysteries. I'm often right and I like word jumbles but I'm no good at cross word puzzles.
@1hopefulman (20483)
It is all helpful in keeping our brains active. Have fun!
@RubyHawk (21391)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@1hopefulman It is good to keep our brains active. We should learn new things.
@1hopefulman (20483)
@RubyHawk Yes! So, puzzles and such challenge the brain and it gives it a good work-out.
@kepweng (6444)
thanks for sharing the movie and i like the stuff toy its like teddy
@1hopefulman (20483)
Thanks! The teddy bear has a treasure box and the Bible is one of the greatest treasures we can have and it is full of puzzles to be solved.
@kepweng (6444)
@1hopefulman really true and the teddy i mention is teddy in the movie the main protagosist too is a talking teddy bear
@1hopefulman (20483)
@kepweng Interesting!
I love to solve mysteries, puzzles and riddles and I do this when I can.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Very good! Would you like to try to solve a riddle? Do you have one for me?
@1hopefulman Not right now. I am at the hospital waiting for my husband and I am typing using my tablet. It's a pain.
@1hopefulman (20483)
@LadyDuck I hope all goes well!
@cahaya1983 (9728)
I've always been fond of mysteries and solving puzzles. The more challenging, the better!
@1hopefulman (20483)
Very nice! What is your favorite mystery that you have come across?
@1hopefulman It was a PC game I played a long time ago, I think the name was "Lost in Time".
@1hopefulman (20483)
@cahaya1983 Sounds interesting!
@Freelanzer (6459)
Not sure. When I watch mystery shows I always think I know it all and usually I am right but still not sure if I am good at it,
@1hopefulman (20483)
If you can figure out the perpetrator in the movie then you must be good. How are you with puzzles and riddles?
@1hopefulman Depends on what kinds - does crossword count?
@1hopefulman (20483)
@Freelanzer Of course! Are they not called crossword puzzles?
Nope, I never have been good at solving mysteries, puzzles or riddles.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Do they still make you curious?
@1hopefulman No, since I am not good at them, I turn my attention to other things.
@1hopefulman (20483)
@KrauseHome (33387)
Depending on what type of Puzzle or mystery they can be interesting. But all in all life is a mystery and new everyday
@1hopefulman (20483)
That's a n interesting way of looking at the life! Thinking that way, one would never get bored.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I used to enjoy a good mystery but such shows got too violent or dark. I hope you'll be able to finish watching this series.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Yes. I rarely watch them these days. I'll see how this story goes.
@buenavida (7687)
• Sweden
This Genesis 3:15 we have learned at our meetings and I remember one person in the Bible, who liked to use riddles when he fought the enemies of Israel.. (Judges chapter 14) I like some riddles, but am not good at solving them - but some solutions are brilliant..
@1hopefulman (20483)
Even if we are not good ourselves, we can enjoy them and discuss them with friends. It can be fun!
@JWMURP (44)
I am reasonably good, and do some of them. My best scores are travel questions on Facebook.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Nice! Are there any mysteries connected with some of the places you have visited?
I lie doing puzzles usually there is a couple that I can not figure out.
@1hopefulman (20483)
I don't get them all either. Some are tricky but I give it a try and so I get A for effort.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
That sounds like a good show. I like doing puzzle games on the computer.
@1hopefulman (20483)
I just saw episode two and it is amazing. I hope it doesn't get too creepy as I would want to watch it till the end. A good mystery doesn't have to be creepy or too violent.
Yes, I am because I will will read between the lines. I used to do crossword puzzles daily, I got bored with those. But I like to find facts to back up peoples claims. I wanted to be an attorney when I was younger. Nope did not watch that show.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Too bad that you are not watching it as we could discuss what was going and see if we have figured out the reason for the boy's disappearance.