Festive season and Healthy Foods- Divergent streams

@ptrikha_2 (7936)
Come festive season - Dusshera, Deepavali in India and it's time for celebrations. But with celebrations, we have sweets of all kinds, and functions where we have to eat out. The food there is made with lots of oil or sugar or spices and is often unhealthy. So it's a challenge to keep control and take less of this unhealthy food in festive times. What about you guys?
It's hard to say no to all those festive foods, but I'm learning to say no to a lot of food without even feeling guilty about it. Eating healthy is my way of life these days.
@ptrikha_2 (7936)
Yes @just4him but since last 10 days I have been falling victim to my taste buds and controlling has been more difficult, especially with regards to sweets.
@prashu228 (25820)
I don't want to control eating for festivals. We can opt the healthy way....i am more excited for Diwali and sweets as well
@ptrikha_2 (7936)
@prashu228 sometimes we exceed and then the problem of acidity and gas starts.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
I completely agree. My healthy eating regime goes down the drain during festive seasons.
@ptrikha_2 (7936)
@cahaya1983 yes I know.
@acelawrites (10931)
Hope you will enjoy the celebrations, and you are right, people must stay away from unhealthy foods.
@ptrikha_2 (7936)
Yes I agree @acelawrites
@garymarsh6 (13572)
The Indian community here celebrate Divali in October/ November which sometimes coincides with our Guy Fawkes night so there are many fireworks going off all over the place. I love Indian sweets but they are so so so sweet! No wonder there is a high incidence of Diabetes in the Indian population.
@ptrikha_2 (7936)
yes @garymarsh6 those are very sweet but now a days some shops also make sugar-free varieties.