The Cry Baby is Back

Molly is her frisky self again thanks to being diagnosed and treated for hypothyroidism. Things were pretty quiet around here for a few months due to Molly sleeping a lot and being less active because her thyroid was not working properly. We thought Molly's rapid weight gain and lethargy were due to her middle-age status. Molly is back to her old self again thanks to medication keeping her thyroid working like it should. Molly being her old self means that her cry-baby habit is back. If my husband pulls out of the driveway, without Molly in the car with him, Molly engages in the most pitiful crying-jag due to being left behind. Molly was too tired during the few months she was suffering from a low-thyroid to give a hoot if my husband, the alpha of our pack, left her behind. To end Molly's crying over being left behind by the leader of the pack, I have to take her in the backyard and play far too many games of fetch with her. I am very glad that Molly is her old self again, but I sure do wish she would drop that cry-baby habit. I don't like to pay fetch!
Molly is such a beauty and worth playing fetch with! Happy she's back to her old cry baby self.
We never raised such a cry-baby pup before. I think her being our first girl pup has us overdoing it.
@Corbin5 Keep doing what you're doing. She deserves it!
@kobesbuddy (49944)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Molly is definitely conveying when she's not happy, Kobe does, too!
Oh yes, the crying is of the most pitiful kind. I bet Kobe definitely lets you know of his unhappiness too.
@kobesbuddy (49944)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 Kobe's gives out a mournful cry, whenever there's a siren in the far distance. The entire neighborhood knows about it, before we can hear it.
@crossbones27 (20321)
• Redlands, California
That is good she is back to her old self again. She can now get with Kai and whine the whole day away. Love Kai, but she whines way more than Tristan ever did . He barely ever whined and when he did it was usually my fault because I would tell him I would take him for a walk and something came up.
Molly and Kai whining the whole day away would be.a very noisy event, but interesting to witness. Perhaps they could compete for the loudest and longest whine of the day.
• Redlands, California
@Corbin5 Oh yeah, and lets hope an ambulance does not drive by. Talk about a sound of Hyena's in heat.
Molly is cute. Give her anything that she wants.
We have created the cry baby. Oh, my!
@nanette64 (17729)
• Fairfield, Texas
Good to hear that Molly is back to her old self @Corbin5 . Maybe when she starts that crying, you should do it and see what she does. Of course, do it in doggie style.
Yes, I should also cry pitifully and see how Molly reacts.
@nanette64 (17729)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 She's liable to come running to you saying, "What's wrong Momma!"
@nanette64 I can only hope!!!
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm so pleased Molly is feeling better, I know you were worried about your little cry baby.
We are amazed at how good she feels. Will just ignore the cry baby thing.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 but it's kinda cute aye??
@fishtiger58 It is!!! I was in the living room when my husband left in the car. She came inside and just cried and cried because she thought both of us had abandoned her. Glad I was here even though I am 2nd best.
You almost preferred when she was lethargic I guess, even if I am sure you are happy she is healthy again.
Healthy means the world to us concerning Molly. We can put up with the cry-baby thing.
@Corbin5 Poor Molly, she wants to go with her Daddy.
@LadyDuck I was still teaching when we adopted 10-week-old Molly, but my husband had just retired. He spent his days raising Molly for an entire year while I was at work. Those two have a strong bond.
@RubyHawk (27104)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm glad you have the old Molly back even with the crybaby act.
Yes, we are just delighted she feels so good.
@RubyHawk (27104)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Corbin5 I know, you worry about a sick pet almost like you worry about a child.
@RubyHawk Oh yes, and when we saw that the medication made Molly her old self again, we were over the moon with happiness.
@ridingbet (56022)
oh, i hope Molly will also think about how tiring it is for her to always fetch for something from you.
I will just consider fetch my workout for the day.
@ridingbet (56022)
@Corbin5 that will be a good exercise for you.
Molly is her old self again thanks to you two for making sure she gets her medication. You two deserve a big pat on the back for taking good care of her.
She really does feel so much better and has lost the weight she needed to lose.
@Corbin5 Deborah, that is great.
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
Glad she's back to health...
Yes, she lost 6 pounds in a month. The weight gain was due to her thyroid malfunctioning. Her veterinarian lowered the dose after he performed a blood test. Eventually, Molly will have the dose that is just right for her. She needs to loss another 10 pounds to be in the best of shape. I never knew a thyroid could cause such a quick weight gain.
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
@Corbin5 I didn't either... I'm glad her energy level is back up .. it will help her loose those extra pounds...
@Shellyann36 (10965)
So glad she is back to her old spirited self. I wish I could help you with the whining problem. I guess you will have to continue to play fetch. She is beautiful!
Oh, thank you for your kind words regarding Molly's appearance. We are delighted she is frisky again.
@Shellyann36 (10965)
@Corbin5 You are welcome. I know you are much happier with her high spirits, even if she can be whiny at times.
Well I am very glad that Molly is better and sometimes a crying dog is a very good thing. lol
Yes, she sure does not like being left behind. In winter, she can wait in the car for a few minutes if I have a short errand, but in summer it is too hot to take Molly along.
@Corbin5 Yes I know what you mean, we always tried to take the dogs with us but one of us has to stay in the car to keep the ac on.
Yay, glad shes better.
She has dropped those extra pounds and is frisky again. Doesn't bet much better than that.
@Corbin5 nope. Yay molly
Think of the exercise you're getting. I hope your husband will start taking her on trips with him again.
Yes, in the colder months Molly can wait in the car a few minutes for quick errands. Too hot for her in summer.
@Corbin5 Yes, much to hot in summer.
@Tina30219 (34530)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear Molly is back to herself again.
We are delighted that she feels so good.
@Tina30219 (34530)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Corbin5 Right I would be to I am sure she is like your baby
Get a robot for the backyard to play fetch with Mols lol But then she may cry if the robot goes to sleep sometime haha
I like the robot idea, my friend!!! Yes, if the robot stops, the crying may begin anew.
I am glad Molly is her sweet active self again but having been diagnosed with something that is usually a human problem alerts me to something much worse . . .
The change in her is dramatic. Our vet is well-trusted by us and he has been Molly's vet since she was a baby, so we trust him to take care of anything else that may befall Molly. So far, his care of Molly has been superb.
@Corbin5 wow I hope he starts teaching students who want to learn how to practice better techniques on not just pets but humans too--- many need a doctor like your vet for Molly, for their own health concerns and best of 'care' . . . !
@KrauseHome (35358)
Maybe need to find a way to distract her so when your husband leaves to go somewhere she does not notice. The dog we used to have would sit at the foot of the stairs and bark at the door usually about the time my husband was due home from work.
Yes, I usually tell her, "Let's go outside!" and that helps. A few times I forgot to say that soon enough.
@sallypup (27525)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Poor baby loves her daddy.
I think his being retired when we got her as a puppy and his being with her to raise her for a year, while I was still teaching, caused a strong bond between the two.