It Wouldn't Have Prevented Anything In Vegas.

There are some who are already calling for gun control laws to be tightened in the aftermath of the Las Vegas Massacre but it wouldn't have stopped anything. The weapons used were not illegal until they were altered and if a person wants guns to do such things they are not going to let the law prevent them. It should also be noted that he brought 2 vehicles with him and thy had explosive items in them. The items are commonly used for fertilizer by farmers and others. If he were inclined he could have also flown a plane into the crowd (he had a pilots licence). He could have driven the car into the crowd. Also if he were part of a group it could have been far worse as semis could have been used to drive at the crowd from multiple directions. Are we going to ban all things that can be used to kill people? The list would be long and life would be hard to live as things as basic as your vehicle or hands would have to be included. Most cleaning supplies, matches and such would have to be monitored. While this sounds like an exaggeration consider what it is that you are trying to control. It is not the item but the person who uses the item that is responsible for what happens. Below is an article that explains the Issue from a legal angle.
When faced with senseless, horrific shootings, people in Washington and on cable news often end up politicizing them in order to argue over gun laws, especially
@FourWalls (14694)
I mentioned this elsewhere: my late, lovely mother of blessed memory was fond of saying, "We don't need 'more laws.' We just need them to enforce the ones we already have on the books!" First and foremost, MURDER IS AGAINST THE LAW. If someone is going to break that law, then any other law they opt to break is moot.
@BarBaraPrz (20553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
True, so true.
@FourWalls Well said! Interestingly enough people want to ignore that the people who commit crimes are breaking the law and creating another one isn't going to change the first fact!
@BarBaraPrz (20553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, there are many ways to kill people. I've always wondered how fertilizer becomes bombs, but I don't want anyone to think I'm a terrorist or anything so haven't searched out the instructions.
@FourWalls (14694)
It became quite common knowledge after Timothy McVeigh used a fertilizer bomb to destroy the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995.
@FourWalls It works much like the problems that cause grain silos to explode. Fertilizer only needs an ignition source and some simple changes to make much worse than McVeigh did.
@BarBaraPrz (20553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@Berniezeitler I've never heard of grain silos exploding.
There aren't enough laws to stop crazy people from senseless acts of violence such as the LV shooting.
I am so darn sick of hearing people doing away with other people. It is just too much that pretty soon there will be nothing to fear because no one will be able to prevent anything and anytime you leave your house you just have to be prepared that you might never come back home again. I keep praying.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
Sadly I don't think it will ever end. Humans have been killing each other since the beginning of time.
@Bluedoll (17054)
Law and politics. Is the first lady a former model? I think there is a certain acting skill to that role. But after seeing the video of the couple outside the white house I could see there was no acting going on. I shared the sadness. It must be difficult to meet with the people affected by that terrible event. Perhaps it is best to come together. So many in the world want to see less of violence and to find some solutions for everyone's sake. What the solutions are I don't know but one thing we should not do is accept these events as normal.