Tonight is the night

@CoralLevang (40896)
At the moment, I am still on campus using the Vet Center computers, and I thought that I would take a few minutes before I left to write this before I leave. I have already cleared my notifications and am finally caught up completely. I gave my Toshiba back to DZ to take another look at it. My space bar doesn't work, so he is going to try to fix it for me and hopefully we can get it up and running soon. However...TONIGHT is the night! I am going to see about setting up my new HP laptop tonight. I may not be able to get my Microsoft Office downloaded from the campus site, but I want to be able to use it so I can get on the Internet and also check my Gmail. What many do not know about me is that I am intimidated by new technology. Though I consider myself a fairly intelligent woman, technology changes so rapidly and I cannot keep up with it. I want to plug it in and have it make sense. I do not have a problem with trying to learn things, but I am a big picture person who will jump in, but my experience with computer technology is that it is a step-by-step process to which most must adhere. So, I am going to go home, put my marinated organic chicken in the halogen cooker, put a pot of rice on the stove, and try to get the computer up and running. At some point, I have a couple of chapters to read and outline to turn in for my Ethics class tomorrow. I also want to watch the last two episodes of the first season of Wallander. AND...I will try to write something before the end of the evening. Have a great evening/morning, wherever you are!
@Morleyhunt (16786)
I tell people, "I am technologically challenged, but willing to learn!" My daughter is a librarian, she tells me that the biggest difference is...I am willing to learn...so many aren't even willing to try. We will learn....and succeed.
@CoralLevang (40896)
It just takes me awhile and I'm not real quick about it.
@Morleyhunt (16786)
@CoralLevang No one says we need to be fast....just keep plugging away. Good luck with the new laptop.
@CoralLevang (40896)
@Morleyhunt thank you. Well at least have to wait a little while longer
I am challenged with new technology as well. However, with a little tutoring I am a quick learn. Have to find the right person/tutorial to teach me though. I am waiting for disc 3 and 4 to the first season of "This is Us" to get here this week. I watched episode 2 of season 2 last night after the Voice. Missed the first episode of season 1. Love this show.
@CoralLevang (40896)
I'm not sure about what that one was This Is Us? I don't have TV right now so everything I'm getting is via the library
@CoralLevang It came on last year. Love the series. I get mine through Netflix.
Created by Dan Fogelman. With Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Sterling K. Brown, Chrissy Metz. Follows a unique ensemble, as their paths cross and their life stories interwine, from sharing the same birthday, to so much more than anyone would expect.
@CoralLevang (40896)
@ElusiveButterfly I will have to check it out sometime soon! I have a couple of other things coming in from the library that I need to get through first.
@ridingbet (38080)
happy evening. i am on desktop; a few minutes later, we will have our dinner.
@CoralLevang (40896)
I'm still on my cell phone. I didn't get everything hooked up yesterday. What was for dinner?
@ridingbet (38080)
@CoralLevang hahaha! my friend, suddenly, i remembered that deleted username daredevil who would always ask others "what did you have for lunch?"
@CoralLevang (40896)
@ridingbet well you mentioned that you were going to dinner! So I just wanted to know what you were having! I have to live vicariously through you if I want Filipino food!
@EMuhungi (1748)
• Nairobi, Kenya
When stranded with the new tech i look for help online
@CoralLevang (40896)
Help online makes an assumption that you can get online. With new technology if you can't get online, you can't ask for the help.
@EMuhungi (1748)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@CoralLevang Sure, that is very true.
• Eugene, Oregon
There is a lot on your plate, but your "cooking" now, so I am sure you will succeed.
@CoralLevang (40896)
Thank you. I didn't get it done last night, so maybe I can get it done tonight.
• Eugene, Oregon
@CoralLevang I hope so!
I hope you got it up and running.
@CoralLevang (40896)
I ended up falling asleep on the couch. It's still in the box.
New technology freaks me out to begin with and then I feel silly after I figure it all out. Have a good one.
@CoralLevang (40896)
I fell asleep on the couch, so didn't even take it out of the box. I know what you mean about feeling silly once you figure it out. Funny how that works out!
@CoralLevang ......Yes, it is.
I am terrible at technology. My son helped me out last night with my computer. I hope that your chicken turned on delicious.
@CoralLevang (40896)
The chicken was delicious. The computer is still in the box. I fell asleep on the couch.
@SonjaRae (5794)
I hope you find it simple to set up!
@CoralLevang (40896)
I end up falling sleep on the couch last night
You being bold and brave tonight against the fierce opposition that is a laptop. I know what you mean. Mine was and continues to be a pain to deal with.
@CoralLevang (40896)
Shouldn't be that difficult, but it always feels much more difficult than it really might be?
• Marion, Kansas
I have a new HP Stream 14 inch notebook. I partially set it up last night. I am too tired to think tonight, so I will lay down a little while. Maybe be productive later.
@CoralLevang (40896)
I don't even know what I got it was an HP something or other
@Srbageldog (5642)
Good luck getting your HP laptop set up. I have a hard time adjusting to new technology too. It seems as soon as I learn how to use one thing, technology changes and the stuff I'm using is now outdated.
Goodluck on the computer and hope the food is good!
@cahaya1983 (9705)
Hope you get your computer setup done soon. I agree, technology isn't hard to learn, the tough part is having to keep up with the changes. What we learn today can be obsolete tomorrow.
Hope you get your laptop and assignment sorted out.
@Platespinner (18577)
I volunteer at the library. Thankfully the people I work with are very patient about showing me how to do certain tasks over, and over, AND over again.
• Japan
I'm pretty good with my computer but I hate changes. And updates.
@kepweng (6407)
do you use yahoo mail too?
@CoralLevang (40896)
I'm not sure where that question came from. Or we talking about email?