Cheap skills: what would you choose?

Malaysia
One of best things about living in the Internet era is the fact that you can learn so many things for free or at a very minimal cost. In fact if you work hard enough, you can make money out of it, too. I know a self-taught web developer who relied solely on online materials to be in his job today. As for me, I'm proud enough to have learned soapmaking just by watching YouTube videos. If you can chose a new skill to learn for free or at a very cheap price, what would you pick?
I want to learn how to publish a book.
That's good, there are plenty of self-publishing platforms. Maybe you can search for e-books about that too.
@cahaya1983 I had created my book but I am hoping to publish it soon. I need an illustrator for the images.
@Shavkat I hope you find one. Good luck with publishing your book!
@peachpurple (10913)
I learn how to repair my printer, the malware virus in my laptop, how to make handmade crafts from watching youtube. Oh yes, I also learn to repair my washing machine
Wow, that's awesome! I wanted to try repairing my washing machine when it broke last time but was afraid that I'd make the problem worse
@peachpurple (10913)
@cahaya1983 you need to check out where the source is from, forum sites are great, lots of people will tell you where the noise or problem comes from
@kepweng (6287)
i want to learn to make pottery and leran martial arts to protect my self
Both are interesting! Hope you can start learning them soon
Maybe play an instrument. Everything else I like I'm already doing or know how to do.
Nice, which instrument would you like to learn how to play?
@cahaya1983 I've always wanted to play the clarinet.
@just4him That's great, maybe you can find online lessons on YouTube
@ilocosboy (33256)
I'm reading now about crossbreeding of adenium and marcotting of plant
Sounds interesting! I don't know much about plants. Is that for your work or as a hobby?
@ilocosboy (33256)
its my hobby now, I'm so interested that I keep on watching youtube to learn the basic from it.
@ilocosboy That's nice! I think YouTube is one of the best platforms to learn new things.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Making a website? That would be lucrative. ;)
Definitely! Web developers are always in demand
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
@cahaya1983 then I can help improve myLot. ;)
@sol_cee Now that can be a good motivation
@renicemae (2269)
I'd pick a programming skill. It's very on demand these days and on coming years as predicted by some researchers. So venturing into that field is a wise choice to land a very good and high paying job too.
No doubt about that, web developers are always high in demand. You can start your own freelance career too. I completed a basic Python course but haven't really had the time to practice it. Do you have any languages you're interested to learn?
@renicemae (2269)
@cahaya1983 Yeah. Actually I started learning Spanish and Chinese the past months but I wasn't able to finish it till now I wanted to learn Korean too. How bout you?
@renicemae Oh I meant programming languages since you mentioned programming But currently I'm only fluent in English and Malay and not learning anything else.
@Lizirazo (2514)
I want to learn how to design clothes.
That's great! Are you planning on pursuing fashion design?
@Lizirazo (2514)
@cahaya1983 Yes part of my plans.
@Fishmomma (11617)
If I had access to a piano or could find one that is affordable would want to learn how to play the piano. Its so relaxing listening to people play and so many are so good.
That's nice, I hope you can find one. I started learning piano when I was 7 but couldn't complete my lessons because I went to boarding school. Do you know Richard Clayderman? He's my favourite
@acelawrites (10750)
I learned how to knit from Youtube! It was just a few months ago.
That's great! So many things we can learn from YouTube nowadays
@quantum2020 (8369)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I would like to learn to play the piano. That´s the instrument I like the most
Very cool My younger brother and sister both self-taught themselves how to play the guitar. Not impossible to do that with the piano too I'm sure.
@EMuhungi (1748)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am currently learning to program with R.
That's good, do you learn from online tutorials?
@Sophia427 (147)
Soap making.... great!!! How was your experience.... Was it a lot of effort. I wanted to learn soap making about an year ago, saw some videos. But then never did it.
I only learned the melt and pour method, so it was easy. You just need to be creative with the design and all that. It's better to learn the cold process though, I haven't started learning that yet. You should definitely try!
I would like to learn how to make ceramic pots, this is something I like.
That's great! They're beautiful too