Taking someone else's sandals by mistake

Image credit: Kompasiana.com
@yanzalong (7663)
Indonesia
Those who want to go inside the mosque should take their shoes or sandals off and leave them outside. Rows of pairs of sandals can be confusing as some pairs are the same type -- size and color as well. This happened to me twice. I took pair of sandal by mistake as I rushed out of the mosque earlier. When I arrived home I realized that they were not mine. There were marks carved by the owner actually but I overlooked the marks. So, what I did was to return the sandals to where I took them.
• Japan
In Japan we take off our shoes when going into many buildings (at least we used to, it's not as common now.) When I first came, we took off our shoes going into church. One of my friends tried to put her feet in her shoes and the shoes were too small. Someone had shoes that looked the same but a bit smaller. The other person didn't discover it until the next Sunday. Then they got their own shoes back. I also had someone ride off on my bicycle once, it looked like his.
how did you get your bicycle back?
@yanzalong (7663)
Unforgetable experience, right?
@kepweng (5789)
my cousins always getting my sandals when she visits our home
@yanzalong (7663)
I think she did it on purpose.
@yanzalong i agree!
• Lakewood, Colorado
As long as they have no foot and mouth disease it is fine.
@yanzalong (7663)
Lol.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@yanzalong (7663)
@TiarasOceanView This morning I returned the slippers and left the place after everyone else had left earlier. I found my slippers there, and the one I mistook was no longer there. The owner must have seen them and picked them up.
It's good that you returned the slippers. Some people don't.
@yanzalong (7663)
I feel guilty if I don't return the sandals. I don't want to live with guilty feeling.
@wongchoiyee (6512)
I also accidentally took people's sandals when we are gathering for festivals. As you said I will return back to them.
@yanzalong (7663)
If we cannot return the sandals due to the owner having left. What I do is to give charity worth the price of the sandals in his/her name.
@hereandthere (23031)
i've always thought it was bound to happen.
@yanzalong (7663)
I see. It happened to me twice. The first one was returned and it seemed the owner had taken them back. The second one happened this morning. I still keep them at home. Plan to return them this evening to the place I took them by mistake.