Hungrier when it gets colder

Japan
A couple of weeks ago, when it started getting just a bit cooler, I noticed my cat went from eating next to nothing like she had been doing all summer to emptying her dish and wanting more twice a day. At the same time, I noticed my lunches that I was carrying didn't see me through till work was over. I was hungry by mid-afternoon. In the summer I was hardly hungry at all until 6:00 pm. So this week I started feeding the cat more, and taking more in my lunch! Do you find a sudden increase in appetite when the weather is colder?
@wongchoiyee (7421)
Yes I do get hungrier when its cold. But in my country only at night the temperature falls to 27c.
• Japan
I wouldn't call that cold. Today it was 22C here and it's going down to 17C. That's not really cold. In the spring I would call that warm.
I go off my food when it is really hot. I guess perhaps we burn more in the winters trying to keep warm.
• Japan
Yes, and so do our pets.
I noticed this too with me! I wonder why that is?
• Japan
I'm guessing because our bodies use more calories to keep warm. At least I hope mine uses all those calories.
@dodoazo (21403)
Probably it is for when the weather is cool or colder our body needs more heat. It means it requires more carbohydrates to warm our body. But in my case, whatever the weather is I maintain my food intake as long as I won't get starved.
@prashu228 (25504)
I did not observe this,..i will check in this winter
Yes, I do eat a little more when the weather is colder.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yes when the weather is colder I tend to eat more and more than before. Hunger is always around the corner.
Yes and it is normal, the body needs more calories to maintain the body temperature.