Christians and Jews and Muslims are all worshiping the same God

But I know some of them are going to say "No we aren't!" But yes...you are. Your Scriptures all reference the same Deity. It is just your procedures of how to worship Him vary. Each sect starts at the exact same beginning. It is later in the tale that the differences arrive. One group is still waiting for Christ to get here. One group is waiting for Christ to come back. One group says Christ was only a prophet/man. But all three are following the same God. However much they may argue the point. So some of us sit off to the side and wonder how God is supposed to bring us all together. It doesn't seem to be working that way. Just an observation from the cheap seats...
There is nothing wrong with God. It's all the goddam humans that get in the way.
Word.
• Redlands, California
Awesome
@crossbones27 (19579)
• Redlands, California
Why you got to get me started. No wrath can save these people from me. I am straight evil.
Am I Evil? by Metallica. My mother was a witch, she was burned alive Thankless little bitch, for the tears I cried Take her down now, dont want to see her fa...
• Redlands, California
@JolietJake I am so evil Metallica is in it for the money. Diminishes their music ability greatly. See that is evil. To be honest every punk band in California seems to love them, not sure as to why but does say something. Maybe they not the greedy dirt bags they sound like, but could be just a big name also. Gets confusing. Hopefully they are punk fans and have to go with that, because Gilman Street said they were one of the the bands watching Operation Ivy come to life. That is pretty cool if the case.
@crossbones27 Technically, I think all bands are in it 'for the money'. After all, if they weren't making a dime or two, they couldn't afford to record or tour. But yeah, Metallica seems to take it to an extreme at times...
Citing 'plummeting' album sales, Metallica, through their manager, Peter Mensch, has announced a new plan to get money for their music. Mensch stated 'Youtube...
@renicemae (3352)
I strongly agree to that discussion title. It's just that we have different ways of practice.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up
@Platespinner (16492)
But Christians believe that Jesus is God, and both Jews and the followers of Islam find that an anathema
Not all Christians do. Some see where Jesus is talking to God as a separate entity. Not all believe the '3-as-1' doctrine espoused by some.
@Platespinner My point, precisely, is that, in essence, they are all indeed worshiping the same God. They are choosing different qualities for Him after the fact, but every. single. one. worships the God of Abraham.
@gnatsmom (1201)
@Platespinner very well said
@yugocean (8353)
Hindus not worshipping same God? Hindus, Pagan Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Shinto, Confutious, Tao etc and all have.
No, they are not worshiping the same God as the others. The three I mentioned are worshiping the God of Abraham. The ones you mention do not worship that God.
@yugocean (8353)
@JolietJake We worship Braham, not Abraham .
@yugocean Exactly.
@sabtraversa (13326)
True, same Abrahamic deity. But this deity wants Jews to do a thing, Christians to do another and Muslims to do something else. It can get a little confusing, but yeah, that's the same god. The argument doesn't lie in the choice of the god, but in the choice of worship. It's all about prophets, humans creating differences among other humans.
"But this deity wants Jews to do a thing, Christians to do another and Muslims to do something else" Not really...they just think He does...but that's people
@sabtraversa (13326)
@JolietJake Yes, they think, that would be correct from their own point of view.
You are so right, all created by the same Deity, but not for that reason all "brothers".
Very good observation Marvin. Each religion is the only one too.
@gnatsmom (1201)
Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all monotheistic, but they do NOT worship the same God. That is like saying McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King all have the same owner because they have similar menus. Christians worship the triune God, Jews do not acknowledge the Trinity; they worship Jehovah, and Muslims worship Allah. They acknowledge that God called Abraham as the father of many nations, but Jews and Christians believe the promise came through Isaac, while Muslims believe it came through Ishmeal. Jews and Christians both acknowledge Jehovah as the one true God, but Christians believe that salvation comes through a personal relationship with Jesus. You can compare and contrast all day long, but at the end of the day, they are still different.
Not really. They all start with the same Deity. You can mince words all you want about the differences attributed by each sect, but they are still worshiping the same entity no matter what name you choose to call Him by.
Whew, ya almost had me worried, til I realized the Great Spirit is the real deal.
@Phelly02 (467)
I agree as well. If only all people think the same as you, then there would already be peace on this world :)
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
My own perception of god is that of a creator ( nature) and people began fearing and worshipping nature. All religions have their roots in fear so they are all similar. Combined with culture and customs that people have adapted in a particular land , religion became complex.
@kobesbuddy (46374)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Jesus Christ is the third part of the Holy Trinity. The Father(God), The Son(Jesus Christ), and The Holy Ghost(God's Spirit). Almost all religions acknowledge the triune God, meaning that he has three parts. From that point, all churches have different doctrinal beliefs. Yet, there's only one God, over this entire universe. He created it, so why shouldn't he be?
@NoorNoor (1189)
So your support goes to??
What 'support'?
@NoorNoor (1189)
@JolietJake I mean in which group are you?
@NoorNoor None of the three. I do not belong to any organized religion group. I have my own personal views about God.