Happy Thanksgiving and A Huge Craft Show

Canada's Thanksgiving is right around the corner. The actual day is Monday October 9 this year. The Thanksgiving Art and Craft Shows are everywhere, where I live. Ball's Falls Thanksgiving Festival is huge and well attended, Balls Falls is a Park up on our mountain. It is the only costly one around, $6 to see and buy with a senior day where us old folk could get in for $2. The Art Fest at Vineland, Ontario is held by the local school, its huge, fun, free. And Dogs are welcome too... On the main street in Vineland there are shows going on in everyone's yard and I will be there Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I am on the yard of Granny's Antiques, and next door is another show with around 50-75 tents on it so if you come to Vineland and are looking for me, look for the tents in a huge front yard and I will be in the yard just north of that.... If you want to see all the arts and crafts just know there are hundreds and it will take all day... I have been working on my slate every day and thankfully after this weekend I will be able to breathe and relax. Tourist season is over after this weekend and the businesses that sell my art are slowing down for the winter. The photo above: There is a country parade for the thanksgiving event, the guy on the tractor was part of it a few years ago, my son sitting with his dog (one of my grand-dogs) watching the parade, And two other photos of the tents used for the art and craft shows. I am looking forward for the time to spend here on myLot, I have missed all of you and hope to be back on a regular basis for the winter. Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends and thanks for stopping by...
Thank you looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! The Thanksgiving event sounds like a wonderful time and a great event to attend.
Its a lot of fun and a lot of work but my children show up to help me every year and we celebrate Thanksgiving together.
@PainsOnSlate That is wonderful!
This weekend is the Octoberfest in my home town, Oxford, Alabama. Have a wonderful thanksgiving!
I love the fall and the cooler temps I hope you enjoyed your Octoberfest.
That sounds like a wonderful festival-I hope that you have really favourable weather. I'm going to see what's happening in our area that we might be able to take in. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Fingers crossed for good weather, Enjoy your weekend too.
Sounds like the last hurrah before a bit of a rest. Enjoy the break from painting.
I am still painting but looking forward to winter when my sales really disappear for a month or so. I will enjoy the break when it shows up...
@PainsOnSlate Hopefully your batteries will fully recharge over winter.
@JudyEv I am also hoping to have knee surgery this winter, I see a new doctor Monday and hope he will do it. I already have one doctor and I'm on her list but it won't happen until next fall...
While that is awesome there is such a huge turnout with having so many tents set up customers would not likely take time to see everything and might miss out on some amazing crafters.
It takes hours to see it all in that small town.
@PainsOnSlate Small towns love events like that. Our little town is having one today but I won't be going. I'm shy about going to things in town where I will run into a lot of people I know.
@shaggin I love visiting them when I'm not participating, I rarely run into people who know me...
@kepweng (6341)
wow hope you have a good thankgiving turkey is nice for it
No turkey this year, out chef decided on something else. But we did enjoy Thanksgiving.
@kepweng (6341)
@PainsOnSlate WOW really you have chef i think your so Wealthy??
@kepweng my chef is my husband, he loves to cook and does a fantastic job so i let him cook...
@Shellyann36 (8619)
Happy belated Thanksgiving. It looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing. Now you can rest up a bit and breath til the tourists season starts again.
@PainsOnSlate It is good that you have a hobby you enjoy that can also make you money.
@responsiveme (14417)
Happy Thanksgiving to you too....We too have just concluded a round of festivities. Lots of crafts out there
it is amazing how many people are creative and can make some money for themselves.
@PainsOnSlate A bit of embroidery is all I can do.But have friends who are amazing at crafts.
@dgobucks226 (6687)
Festivals and antique shopping our a lot of fun. From your photo I see there is a lot of activity. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you we had a good time. It was fun having the kids home too.
@PainsOnSlate You welcome. Having family around is so important.
@Fleura (6165)
It really sounds like a fun time, hope you do well and go out with a bang this year!
We had a good show and all was well until we heard there was going to be a huge rain Sunday night and Monday, so we took down our tent and called it done Sunday night. I was happy to not be in the mud that Thanksgiving. The kids were happy too, they don't care for the rain either...
@Fleura (6165)
@PainsOnSlate Glad it all went well and a good thing you heard the forecast and avoided a thorough soaking!
That's a lot events happened over Thanks giving. I hope people there made a lot of money. But I wonder if you folks have turkey there.
Some do have turkey, my husband is Greek so we celebrate with lamb.
@bluesa (12770)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
All the photos are great, your son is handsome and his dog (one of your grand-dogs) is too cute! Enjoy it all and early Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Thank you very much, we had a good time and lots of fun.
When I saw your title I thought it was too early, but I forgot you live in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
It was a nice Thanksgiving event and so good to have the kids home.
@Scrapper88 (1209)
I hope you fave a Happy Thanksgiving. It ;looks like a good craft show in the pictures,
It was a good one but ended up with a lot of rain ( a storm from the states) we cut it short by a day because of the rain but I did well and the family enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. From the pictures it looks like quite an event going on with all the arts and crafts and certainly lots of fun.
It is a big deal with thousands of people wandering around. My son in law does balloons for children for tips and last summer he made over $900... It rained all night and 1/2 day (on Monday) so we closed up and took our tent down on Sunday. I made good money and I knew with the rain my friends yard was going to be a mess so we left a day early.
@Platespinner (18502)
I have lots of fond memories of Ball's Falls. Particularly of being disappointed during one summertime visit when the falls were almost completely dried up.
It seems myLot is have some problems today, It won't let me like your comment... I have enjoyed Balls Falls often my self, the show we had was in the town of Vineland and heard a lot of unhappy people who went to Balls Falls for the craft show. Its always been a good one but I guess they upped the price and its smaller now...